Hot Drinks are killing me!

Add your favorite recipes.

Hot Drinks are killing me!

Postby summergirl » March 22nd, 2008, 10:32 pm

I spent the first week on MF raving about the wonderfulness of the universe in regards to the MF foods I was getting to eat! I then came down with a nasty case of the flu and have had a hard time with the foods since then. Today and yesterday both seem to be going much better for me, but my biggest "issue" is with the HOT drinks. (Which, ironically, I thought would be the best for me-I'm a Starbucks junkie and I thought they would help me with that!)

So, my chai ends up with a half inch of sludge on the bottom and I have to chew each time I take a drink and it pretty much grosses me out. At that point, I would rather drink water. :oops: I traded most of those off to a friend in exchange for some of her shakes (which I'm a big fan of!)

My other friend who is also doing MF with me right now, suggested to mix the hot cocoa in a blender, as though it was a shake, THEN heat it!!! Oh my!!! :shock: :lol: :o :D IT IS WONDERFUL!!! I just can't believe it. It had a perfect little froth on the top and was smooth and yummy! I am just sitting here patting myself on the back for not trading away the hot cocoa! Whoo-hoo! I just wanted to share this info in case someone else is "hating" the hot drinks... :mrgreen:

I'm a believer. I pretty much like everything so far, except Chai and the Lemon yogurt bars. Luckily, everyone's tastes are different-the friend who likes the Chai, also likes lemon yogurt, so I got her smores! It worked out great!
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » March 23rd, 2008, 5:43 am

Omg I love the hot chocolate. I do not like any of the other hot foods. That is my treat every night. I mix it like I would any other shake and heat it in the microwave. Just be careful sometimes I will walk away and sometimes it spills (the froth) Also sometimes if I am in the mood for something that taste like candy I will add 1 TBSP of PB2 (can anyone say heaven) taste like a peanut butter cup :D
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » March 24th, 2008, 12:40 pm

I have this handy dandy little mini mixer that runs on 2 AA batteries. It mixes up the hot drinks perfectly.
I just microwave the water for 1 minute, dump in the packet and run this thing through it for a few seconds... voila, its done. No clumps, no skin, no nothing.

One hint also, 1 little SF caramel in the chai or the capp works wonders.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby summergirl » March 24th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Mike wrote:I have this handy dandy little mini mixer that runs on 2 AA batteries. It mixes up the hot drinks perfectly.
I just microwave the water for 1 minute, dump in the packet and run this thing through it for a few seconds... voila, its done. No clumps, no skin, no nothing.

One hint also, 1 little SF caramel in the chai or the capp works wonders.

;)

I did, in fact, order one of your handy dandy lil mixers on saturday! Can't wait to try it out! (With my PB2!)
summergirl

Postby summergirl » March 30th, 2008, 11:19 am

The mixer has arrived! What a great little tool that is! I actually was at an event (Oregon Beach Cleanup) with my health coaches and our ATV group yesterday and got to tell them about the mixer. They didn't know about it and thought it was great! It works extremely well.

I attempted it in pudding, and before the pudding got too thick, it actually mixed it up quite well! I am impressed. It will now go wherever I go. It will work for anything! Thanks for the advice on that one!

The PB2 arrives on 4-1! I can't wait to try it out! I'll be saving my snack that day so I can come home and have some in my evening shake or pudding!

Great advice! :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby ladyhawke » March 30th, 2008, 12:26 pm

I just checked out Bell Plantation's website and you can order a
Semi truck - 26 Pallets of PB2 for $93,999.36!

I think I'll opt for the 4 jars to start!
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » April 28th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Puh-leeze. Everyone knows the best additions to the cocoa are either a squirt of DaVinci toasted marshmallow or toasted hazelnut.

Even these days, it's how I make my REGULAR diet cocoa.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » April 28th, 2008, 5:51 pm

DogMa wrote:Puh-leeze. Everyone knows the best additions to the cocoa are either a squirt of DaVinci toasted marshmallow or toasted hazelnut.

Even these days, it's how I make my REGULAR diet cocoa.

To each their own Robin. Some of us don't care for marshmallow or hazelnut ;)

My favorite addition is a squirt of SF caramel or English Toffee to the hot drinks (any of them).

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby summergirl » April 28th, 2008, 8:04 pm

I have got to go out and get some of those syrups:) Sounds great! :mrgreen:
summergirl

Postby DogMa » April 29th, 2008, 7:56 am

They're really great when you start getting tired of the Medifast flavors and want to mix things up a little (or to help some of the foods you don't care for too much on their own).

Be careful with some, though. I find some extremely, cloyingly sweet (actually, the two that Mike mentioned!).
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Mike » April 29th, 2008, 8:40 am

DogMa wrote:I find some extremely, cloyingly sweet (actually, the two that Mike mentioned!).

May it never be... ;) :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby DogMa » April 29th, 2008, 1:53 pm

As my parents used to say, that's why they make chocolate and vanilla (and marshmallow and hazelnut and toffee and caramel, I guess).
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Return to Lean Cuisine