What do you think of Momentum by MF?

Add your favorite recipes.

What do you think of Momentum by MF?

Postby Charity » March 13th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Aloha,

What are your thoughts on Momentum by medifast? I hate the MF drinks because I always get this curdling substance on the top that is gelatin like and completely grosses me out.

Is momentum similar to say, the fruit punch? Do you get buzzed?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your wisdom with me ;)

Aloha!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby katieb920 » March 13th, 2008, 1:31 pm

I love the momemtum Products. I lost 4.4 pounds last week. I added 2-3 a day. I have not seen a weight loss like that in awhile.

Quick question about the shakes. Do you just use the shaker jar. Or do you blend it. I blend it in my little blender (it is exactly like the majic bullet but I got it from JCPENNY'S. It is called cooks. And it is 1/2 the price.

What I do is take a cran mango MF and either a straw lemonade or mixed berry and mix them together. I do not mix the infusers with water, becasue a girl can only drink so much liquid.

But i reccomend a little blender and the infusers
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » March 13th, 2008, 4:27 pm

The infusers are much like crystal light in "texture" - which means basically like water - NOT like the MF drinks. I know what you are talking about with the teas and fruit drinks and I didn't notice it with the infusers. I have not tried the other Momentum products, but my mom has and she likes them.

Your physical reaction will depend on how you react to caffeine. I have yet to get any real reaction to caffeine of any kind, but you might get shaky if you are sensitive.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby KellyC » March 13th, 2008, 4:40 pm

I like these alot.. I only ordered the Green tea lemon and strawberry lemonade infusers to start.. I drink them with meals 2-5.. I haven't tried the shakes because truth is, I don't like the shakes either, but I drink the RTDs for convenience..

I do get the shakes and that nervous chattering feeling a bit from them, I cut out caffeine completely about 2 months ago when I restarted MF, and this week is the first time I am having caffeine again from the infusers.. I expect the jitters will go away soon.

I have more energy.. I am not collapsing and taking a 2 hour nap anymore when I am home from work, so that is awesome..

For weight loss, I don't know yet.. I haven't really been watching the scale to be honest.

The strawberry one is awesome by the way.. I find it is better than crystal lite, it doesn't taste nearly as artificial as crystal lite does... it reminds me of strawberry kiwi snapple actually, in smell and taste. :)

I like to freeze them and then put it through the ice shaver (blender works too), to make homemade snow-cones :)
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » March 13th, 2008, 5:27 pm

Charity:

I LOVE the strawberry and berry ones - haven't tried anything else. The first week I had the infusers I lost 5 pounds AND noticed more energy, etc. This is my third week on them and my weight loss hasn't been increased and I can't tell any kind of difference while using them. That said, however, I enjoy the taste more than plain ole water so they are a welcome addition to my daily drinks. I cut out soda when I added these so they help with my need to taste something more.

Come to think of it, I'm not too good with a lot of carbs and these have 2 carbs a serving. I think I'll add up my carbs and see if that may be why my weight loss is where it is right now.

Anyway, you should try them. They are very 'crystal lite' like!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » March 13th, 2008, 10:31 pm

I love em. The infusers are great because they aren't overly sweet like Crystal lite. They give me that boost during the day, and help with appetite.

As for the hot drinks... I forgot that I actually like them, and with a dash of SF caramel, the chai and capp are tasty.

I don't get a weird gelatin or whatever on the top... I use my minimixer and it mixes them up perfect everytime. I keep seeing how people dislike the hot drinks because of clumping or weird stuff and I have no idea what that is, because I use the minimixer....Magic Bullet would do something similar).

Anyhow, we start the day with Momentum Cappucino (sometimes I still have my oatmeal), and have an infuser or 2 during the day.

Di says that the strawberry infuser in a vanilla shake is tasty.

Anyhow, we love em and they help.

8)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine