Infusers/Momentum

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Infusers/Momentum

Postby sidrah » June 6th, 2008, 10:26 pm

I have been away way long, so are these like crystal light in that you can drink them with water as a drink/enhance flavor of shakes or is it a meal in itself.

I must have misread and took it to mean it was a meal replacement judging from the daily menu someone had laid out. She had 2 or 3 a day, plus soups plus a L and G equalling her 6 meals.

So, are they extra things for caffeine or meals? Are they part of the momentum packaging line? Is the Momentum line just caffeinated shakes? I read the site I swear, but I am getting confused the more I research.

I would like to get them but I was not sure exactly what I was ordering. I plan to use up what is in my closet first, but I do want to buy some of that crab soup, too. Mixed reviews, but I wanna try it out.

Gratzie!! :)
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » June 6th, 2008, 11:48 pm

Hola Sidrah!
:wavie:
Long time no see ~ welcome back!
Did you ever finish all that tuna? :lol:

So, the infusers/Momentum...

We're talking about two different things here. Well, kinda'.
There is a Momentum meal replacement line that has the extra caffeine and the thermogenic stuff (EGCG). I think it's pretty limited, though ~ as in, there are only 2 or 3 products. The "infusers" also have the caffeine and EGCG, but are not meal replacements. They are to be used as you described - like Crystal Light; though some folks do add them to meals as well (for instance, Diana wrote about adding a berry infuser to her vanilla pudding). The person of whom you wrote may have been talking about a Momentum Chai or Cappucino or something, in which case it would be considered a meal. The infuser powder tubes are NOT meals and come 21 to a box. I believe that the recommendation is no more than 3 per day whether they are the Momentum meals or the infusers, but someone else will have to verify that point ~ perhaps one of the HAs will chime in. I have tried all three flavors of infusers (Green Tea w/lemon, Mixed Berry, and Strawberry Lemonade [my fave]) and think they are all very good.

I hope that this helps to clear things up a bit for you and not confuse you even more!
I cannot, however, comment on the crab soup as I have yet to try it myself.
Like you said, mixed reviews.
:dunno:

Anyhoo ~ welcome back!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Mike » June 7th, 2008, 11:53 pm

You nailed it Sojo.

The Momentum line includes two types of products: meals and infusers. Each has 100 mg caffeine and 90 mg EGCG. Combined together, these have a thermogenic effect.

The meals include capuccino, chai latte, and banana shake (not to mean that you can't get these as you have in the past as well).

The infusers are used as you would crystal lite, although I find that they are not as sweet (which is waht I like about them). You add a packet to a bottle of water.

No more than three Momentum products a day (as they count as caffeinated drinks). So if you use 3 momentum, you don't have other caffeinated drinks either.

Just a little hint as well, there are new products coming out June 16. The new line are loaded with Antioxidants. Nancy recently posted the info on those. They come in 3 types of WHEY shakes and also there are infusers similar to momentum, but with antioxidants, not thermogenic stuff. People on the 5 + 1 can have up to 5 antioxidant infusers and maintainers can have as many as they want.

Welcome back (missed that on your post the other day).

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sidrah » June 8th, 2008, 12:01 am

Hahahah, so funny :lol:

I ended up moving to a new apartment when my lease was up and instead of packing and moving 40 cans of tuna (to my brother's 3rd floor apt. to help him with his rent), I just brought them to church. They always need more proteins instead of just the rice and noodles often brought in; so, people got good use of them.

Anyhow, I ended up stopping when school started any my brother "had to" borrow a few thousand dollars, so after doing a million things, when I got back again people were talking about crab soup..weird. Then this month, I hear about infusers and Momentum. Yup, you cleared it up. Thanks

I think I am going to buy a few boxes of the strawberry lemonade and see how that goes. I like green tea, too, so maybe one of each for starters. I have so much soup and oatmeal left, so I will just take vitamins with them, no use in wasting them. I am actually looking forward to simplifying things and doing this again. I know it worked the last time so I appreciate the advice. THanks so much!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » June 9th, 2008, 7:32 am

Teresa, welcome back!!!! I've missed you!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room