What's the Worse...

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby DogMa » November 28th, 2007, 2:42 pm

I could swear it had a person's name, like Jenny Craig but not. Plus it had an in-house gym of sorts. You were supposed to come in three times a week (I think) to work out on their equipment.

It was AWFUL. Even worse than my Hilton Head Diet, where I was starving all the time, but at least I lost the last 5 pounds that I wanted to lose (I had lost the rest on Atkins; of course I stayed at the 120 mark for about as long as Oprah stayed in her infamous skinny jeans). You ate I think 800 calories in three meals, very low fat, and had to do 20 minutes of exercise after every meal. But once a week, or once every couple of weeks or something, I got to have half a small bagel, which I thought was the greatest thing ever. I'd wait all week for that extra bit of food.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lauren » November 29th, 2007, 7:28 am

I've been on every well known diet there is - from WW, NutriSystem, Jenny Craig, Slim Fast, Phen/Fen...WW was the very first diet I ever did, when I was 11-12 years old, and it was my choice and I did really well - dropped 25 pounds and became totally thin and LOVED IT! I got my "key to success," anyone remember when WW gave out a big gold key? And they asked me to run the young members group meetings. It was all excellent. And then months passed, junior high came, and slowly but surely, the weight came back on. But the worst thing was that I kept trying to get back on the WW train, and I would find ways to "cheat the system," wear less clothes each time I went to weigh in, starve myself the day before, sit in the sauna at the gym to sweat it out (I was a kid, what did I know?). It was so profoundly dysfunctional!

Finally I realized I couldn't go back to WW anymore, bc instead of it being a healthy way of eating (which it was, back in the late 80's), it became a way for me to wreak havoc on my life.

I hated Nutrisystem's foods, didn't like Jenny's either. They gave me the willies. :-) And while I saw success with the Phen/Fen combo, it later really freaked me out that I was willing to risk my health in some ways to gain thinness. (I wasn't obese yet, so it wasn't a good tradeoff)

I feel good, healthy, and happy with Medifast. And while I do not believe it's the answer for everyone, it was the answer for me. Right plan at the right time.

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 29th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Lauren wrote:I feel good, healthy, and happy with Medifast. And while I do not believe it's the answer for everyone, it was the answer for me. Right plan at the right time.

Lauren

AMEN to that!!! :mrgreen:
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 29th, 2007, 6:14 pm

gotta add my DOUBLE AMEN!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries