What is the Medifast 980?

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

What is the Medifast 980?

Postby Guest » April 26th, 2005, 3:41 pm

i saw an advertizement on tv mentioning the Medifast 980 Program.

What is it? Is it the same stuff all of you are using? Is it cheaper to get it this way?

Postby bikipatra » April 26th, 2005, 4:13 pm

I have not seen this ad. I may be wrong but I think the "980" is a reference to the amount of calories consumed on a 5-1 lean and green plan.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 26th, 2005, 6:17 pm

Hi Guest and welcome,

Biki is right. The 980 program mentioned in the add refers to calories. (possibly due to the price too at $98.00)

Medifast has apparently been running the add promoting the 980 program, for quite a while now. I haven't been able to see it out here on the west coast. I was able to find the website for this promotion. It offers a mix of shakes, soups, oatmeal, bars, and pudding for an 11 day period.
The cost is $98. This is what we call the 5-1 or "modified" program, which is 5 Medifast meal replacements and 1 lean/green regular meal/day, as opposed to the full fast which is 6 Medifast meals and should be monitored by your doctor.

I recently heard about an inquiry for this program, stating that this works out to about $1.75 per/meal, and the customer wanted to buy the 980 package because it was "cheaper" than what TSFL could offer. I kinda shrugged this off for a while, until I decided to investigate it. If you buy a TSFL 1 free week promotional special on the 1 month starter kit, it works out to $1.51 per/meal. Then I started thinking, hmmmmmmm.......pay more for the products, no access to your own personal health advisor to educate and help you through the hard times, no doctor/nurses support calls, no forum....why wouldn't someone rather purchase from TSFL?

Also, once you're a TSFL client, you get a 10% discount on future case orders, plus the AutoShip program that can save you up to another 12%.

While the 980 offer may be a great way to get started with a shorterm trial period, if you're really serious and committed to getting those extra pounds off and changing your lifestyle, why not "Take Shape for Life" with your own Health Advisor and a 1 month starter kit?

Thanks for your inquiry and we hope you find the plan that best suits you. One thing I can tell you that if you follow any of the prescribed Medifast plans, IT WORKS!!
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Medifast 980

Postby Nancy » June 7th, 2005, 9:19 am

Gentle Readers ~

I have gotten a number of calls and private emails about the Medifast 980 ads and thought I would comment on it for you here.

Maybe you’ve seen the commercials on television or the ads in national magazines for Medifast 980 and :scratchhead: wondered what it is all about.

It is an 11 day supply of products to introduce people to Medifast but it does not include any :pet: personal customer program support and it is a short-term introduction.

:hmmm: You know that it takes a couple of weeks to really see the difference Medifast products can make in your life. Since it takes :felix: several days to receive your products, people who order the Medifast 980 products, get an 11 day supply and they risk running out of food before a re-order can be made and shipped.

We are certified Health Advisors with Take Shape For Life, a subsidiary of Medifast. We have provided program support and customer assistance for more than two years to people using Medifast products and the Take Shape For Life Programs.

This is what the Medifast 980 includes:

1 Box Chocolate shakes

1 Box Vanilla shakes

1 Box Strawberry shakes

1 Box Orange shakes

1 Box of Chicken Noodle soup

1 Box of Hearty Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

1 Box of Fruit & Nut Granola Bars

1 Box of Chocolate Pudding

People who order Medifast 980 will receive 56 packets of product.

The 11 day starter kit = $8.90 a day
This is an 11 day supply…you know how those first few days go, how a person may need to use an extra shake or two - so an 11 day supply could really end up lasting 9 or 10 days and a person may not realize the full potential of the program.

:secret: We have a more cost-effective promotion available this month.

It is a 28 day starter kit with 154 Medifast meals and includes:

12 boxes of shakes – all Dutch Chocolate, all French Vanilla or Half Choc n’ Half Vanilla... (The Chocolate Lover's Kit; the Vanilla Lover's Kit or the "Variety Kit.)

2 boxes of Caramel Nut meal bars

2 boxes of Fruit and Nut Granola meal bars (or chewy S’mores Granola bars, depending upon which "lover's starter package you select))

2 boxes of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal

2 boxes of Chicken Noodle Soup

2 boxes of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with Vegetables

Each box contains 7 packets of food to be mixed with water.

You will eat 5 Medifast products a day PLUS a Lean and Green Meal.

That’s 154 Medifast meals, a 4 week supply for only $8.32 a day (while available).

The starter packages are a much better deal, eh? :huh:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

How?

Postby wanting to start losing » September 15th, 2005, 12:14 pm

On t.v. there is an web address for medifast980.com I cannot get onto it. I'm really interested in the products but I want to start on the most recent version of the plan. How do I begin? :?
wanting to start losing

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2005, 12:27 pm

Send me a PM by clicking on the PM under this box here and I'll help you.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Re: How?

Postby Guest » October 11th, 2005, 2:29 pm

wanting to start losing wrote:On t.v. there is an web address for medifast980.com I cannot get onto it. I'm really interested in the products but I want to start on the most recent version of the plan. How do I begin? :?

Postby Nancy » October 11th, 2005, 6:37 pm

980 is sold only thru our parent company, Medifast diet. Health Advisors do not have that plan available - in my opinion an 11 day program (that's what 980 is) is only an appetizer - a person really cannot know the power of the plan in 11 days.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Re: What is the Medifast 980?

Postby ZOZIKAM » October 17th, 2005, 6:32 am

Anonymous wrote:i saw an advertizement on tv mentioning the Medifast 980 Program.

What is it? Is it the same stuff all of you are using? Is it cheaper to get it this way?
ZOZIKAM

Postby Nancy » October 17th, 2005, 8:18 am

Zozikam ~

Please read the post up there ^ the one I wrote on June 7th.

The products in the Medifast 980 packages and the ones we all use are exactly the same; the Medifast 980 is an 11 Day Supply of Medifast, it averages at $8.90 per day that way. Shipping is not included on orders under $200. You do not have a Health Advisor to coach you and support you.

When a person has a Health Advisor, they receive free program support and assistance all through the weight loss, transition and maintenance phases of the Take Shape For Life program. Certified Health Advisors are knowledgeable about the products for health management and the various programs to suit individual needs. When you order through Medifast Diet, our parent company, you speak to a very nice order taker. Health Advisors are not order takers, we are health consultants, we know the struggles of losing weight and keeping it off - we are the coaches, the cheerleaders and the health managers all rolled into one.

We pass along product specials and provide the personal accountability factor that an order taker does not do.

We currently have a promotion for new customers. It is a 28 Day supply of Medifast products and includes a variety of our tasty foods – Oatmeal, shakes, soups and meal bars. The savings is great – it averages $8.32 per day for people who qualify.

After the initial starter kit, the average price per packet of Medifast is $2 – the same for those who order thru Medifast Diet. When Medifast is purchased by the case, there is a 10% savings and people on our Auto Ship program can save as much as 12% off their monthly purchases. I saved a lot myself this month by ordering a case of Chai Latte – it is on sale for $9.50 per box, I got the case discount and I also got the 12% Auto Ship Discount – plus free shipping!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Unca_Tim » October 17th, 2005, 8:18 am

Hi Zozikam,
Yes, the 980 promo uses the same products we offer at "Take Shape for Life" (TSFL), and if you take advantage of one of the TSFL starter kits promo's, it's cheaper through TSFL.

You also get a health advisor with TSFL, to help you on your journey and access to Drs. and Nurses.

You can even become a health advisor yourself and share the products with others.

<added>ooooops....you beat me to it Nance...:)</added>
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Just ordered 980

Postby JJ » January 7th, 2006, 3:35 pm

I just ordered the 11 day intro package because I wanted to try it out before I committed. I've spent way too much money on diets to commit without knowing I can live with it. I honestly never heard of MakeMeThinner :? . I guess I can switch over if I decide to stick with this program. Wish me luck!
JJ

Postby Unca_Tim » January 7th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Best of luck JJ and welcome to the forum,

It'll work, if you work it....:)
Keep in touch
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2006, 12:56 am

JJ ~

I understand your concern. I had F.O.D., too - Fear Of Diets.

I failed at every single one I tried.

My weight loss was very slow with other plans, I was hungry and so :twisted: cranky it wasn't safe to be around me! I got discouraged and dropped out.

The Medifast products really work, JJ. Most people experience very little hunger after the first day or so (and we can help you, if you do) and in a short time, cravings go away, people have good energy and best of all we have safe fast weight loss.

Check out the different web rooms so you become familiar with how to prepare your food and what to expect.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Medifast

Postby Lvly » June 30th, 2006, 10:13 am

The program is wonderful. I am 100% supported by my doctor. The meals are delicious although a few need to be doctored up with spices.

I have been on the program 4 weeks and have lost a total of 20.8 lbs!

I feel wonderful, I sleep well. Nuts to the no support comment. They have a discussion board with wonderful women that are all in the same boat and we support each other 110%. Another "plus" is the discussion board is available 24/7. If you feel like you're giving in to an evening of popcorn and ice cream, you can just on the board and either post your feelings or read the success stories and the struggles.

The products are delivered to your door by Fed Ex. Some of the ladies have come up with the most creative recipies and we hace found Walden Farms that carries wonderful no fat, no carb, sugar free products.

I HIGHLY recommend this program. Trust me, I've been on them all....and this is my last.

Good luck to all

<snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>
Lvly

Return to Order Info