WHAT am I doing??

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby ChubNoMo » August 3rd, 2006, 12:16 am

Anyhow....thanks for the thoughts and pointers. I know what it is I have to do...like to get my head screwed on straight, first of all. :lol:

Didn't mean for this to turn into a sparing match, tho :lol: Ascicles, you remind me so much of someone I knew on another weight loss board a long time ago. :D

Start: 3/6/06
ChubNoMo
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby kmr » August 3rd, 2006, 6:07 am

Hi Karin,
Don't be so hard on yourself. This diet plan is an extremely restrictive one, and usually the body will start to crave what it can't have after a while. That's just human nature. That's why in my opinion with this diet, your either on it or off it because it's really important to stay in ketosis on this diet to be able to stay on it. The benefit of this diet to me is fast weight loss, but the down side is you really don't get to eat "regular" food most of the time. Then on other diets like W.W. it's reverse. You get to eat what you want , but weight loss is slow. So each person has to make their own mind up as to what's more important. Losing slow but getting to enjoy "real " food along the way or losing fast and having to stick to a very stricked diet along the way and then being very careful after hitting goal to do the maintenance plan correctly to prevent quick rebound weight, learn how to eat "regular" food properly again, and build your metabolism back up again. My point is that it's an individual choice. You will lose the weight on most plans if you stick to them, but it's just a matter of how you chose to lose the weight and which one you're able to stick to. I rather chose one that works for me whether it'a a slow loss or fast loss, rather than to chose a diet plan I can't stick to and end up never really losing all my weight. Just my own personal feeling about the topic. Hope some of it may help you make your decision.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » August 3rd, 2006, 6:36 am

SharonR wrote:Yep, seems to be the way a lot of people "roll" these days. Can't stand it myself. Persoanlly I'm tired of all the high and mighty crap.

If there is one thing I'm not, it's high and mighty.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Serendipity » August 3rd, 2006, 8:26 am

Sticking to the plan and advocating it does not make one high and mighty just as adding off plan food does not make one low and weak. We are all different and are doing our best to achieve a goal. Throwing around comments like that is not helpful, IMHO.

There is a wide range of advice given here. It's not all expert. It's definately not all sanctioned by Medifast. I guess we just need to take what we can use and pitch the rest, but be accountable for our choices.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby caligirl » August 3rd, 2006, 8:51 am

ascicles wrote:Plus, she kind of annoys me, so I was being a jerk.

As long as you realize it.

So much for support forum...
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right... Henry Ford

caligirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby ascicles » August 3rd, 2006, 9:15 am

caligirl wrote:
ascicles wrote:Plus, she kind of annoys me, so I was being a jerk.

As long as you realize it.

So much for support forum...

Ehhh, there are only a few people that annoy me. You just happen to be one of the lucky ones.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

I love MM

Postby gillian » August 3rd, 2006, 9:20 am

Man, you all should have been here a few months ago. I posted something about going off plan for Easter, and all the diehards gave me really good advice, yet some how tore me a new one!!! When you tell people, who have had sucess that you cannot seem to get the program right, and then say you eat ice cream, it makes others wonder if you are just taking up space on the board, or just so bored you need attention. If you do not like the responses of the people who have achieved sucess, then please do not ask. PM someone. As far as the spelling goes- chill. MM is not hostile or mad. He is young, and knows how to spell. AND he has lost 90 pounds on this program. He is a funny dude that one should take with a grain of salt if you have thin skin.

Please forgive any spelling errors!!!
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Sojourner » August 3rd, 2006, 9:59 am

Really? I think he's hostile and mad.
That's what I like about him.
;)
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby ascicles » August 3rd, 2006, 10:07 am

Sojourner wrote:Really? I think he's hostile and mad.
That's what I like about him.
;)

I'm usually a bit hostile. I'm rarely, if ever, mad. I can't really remember the last time I was seriously mad about something.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Postby Sojourner » August 3rd, 2006, 10:33 am

Uhhh...I didn't mean "mad" as in angry...
:nana:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby MISSANNE » August 3rd, 2006, 10:37 am

I personally have to say that I love Ascicles posts........they are funny and I love that he has no problem saying whatever he wants.

You ar every direct and to the point, unlike any men I meet who always fluff and skate around the issue. (any issue at hand) I have a feeling that Manly would NEVER do that!!
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

He is hot too!!!

Postby gillian » August 3rd, 2006, 10:43 am

Not only is he direct, and can spell, but he is cute! Ask him to post a current photo!
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Re: He is hot too!!!

Postby ascicles » August 3rd, 2006, 11:00 am

gillian wrote:Not only is he direct, and can spell, but he is cute! Ask him to post a current photo!

Not gonna happen.

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles

Re: He is hot too!!!

Postby Diana » August 3rd, 2006, 5:47 pm

ascicles wrote:
gillian wrote:Not only is he direct, and can spell, but he is cute! Ask him to post a current photo!

Not gonna happen.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the commercial...

But seriously and more to the original point -- I'm 'fessin' up, here. Mike and I have just returned from vacation. We wandered a bit. Day one was intentional (c'mon, it was the Gilroy Garlic Festival!! I didn't eat the croutons on the salad, but I sure enjoyed the stuffed mushrooms!) That lead to Day Three -- the free appetizer with coupon was BATTERED, FRIED artichoke hearts, and then we ordered some other fried things (but I asked the waiter to replace the potatoes with additional veggies and Mike asked him to take back the bread). On the way back down the pier, we stopped to see if there was sugar free candy in the candy shop -- Mike got the sugar free, I didn't. Then we went to our favorite burrito spot to get the CHICKEN, just the chicken and nothing but the chicken!!! Right. We got a burrito ... a super burrito ...each.

Today we're back on plan, but not without a headache and grumpiness and cravings and sluggishness...and weight gain. So much for the 60# club for now.

Part of me wanted to know what it felt like; nothing like empathy training, right?? :mrgreen: I mean, I'd been on this program for 4 and a half months and the only times I'd been knocked out of ketosis was within the first month over cough syrup and powdered creamer. I wanted one that was WORTH IT!!

So, I know this for me: Once I cross the line, it's easier to do it again. AND it's harder to get back on plan, just like everyone else has said. To me, it isn't worth it. But at least now I can speak from experience.

And I think that's the point. ChubNoMo, what you were doing wasn't working for you and you want something that does. For me, that means not indulging my cravings. For others, it means an intentional "pause" in the program then regaining momentum. Find out what works for you. You've found out a lot earlier than I did what doesn't! Figure out what your goal is and all the secondary decisions become obvious.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby SharonR » August 3rd, 2006, 6:19 pm

Way to fess up Di. Now you can relate to ME! ;)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room