What does diet mean?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What does diet mean?

Postby zoegirl » March 30th, 2006, 8:33 am

I have been on diets so long I think I forgot what it means. The word diet has become a dirty word so I looked it up.

Diet - to choose certain foods to improve health or lose weight.

The word that gets me is choose. I am not being forced - I am making a quality decision - how empowering. At the end of the day the choice I make about what I eat does not help or hurt anybody besides me. The world will not stop. My kids and husband will still love me - if I eat what I want - granted the jeans won't fit - but that is a choice that is up to me to make via good or bad the consequences are up to me.

The make clothes in all sizes - so I have been asking myself what is it - that I feel I need to lose weight? Is it appearance? How I think I need to look? Health? Self Acceptance? Do I think smaller is better? Will my life somehow be better -- will I be more of a person -- will I think I am worth more? What makes losing weight important to me?

Choice - the act of picking or choosing.

Today - what am I going to choose? I have several options available -- we all do. I am thankful for choices -- that is what gives us freedom.

I can choose to be in control or outta control

1. Eat anything I want - no diet
2.Start MF until late in the day then give up in the evening to the food voice. Yes, chocolate cake can scream
3.Convince myself to combine MF with other weight loss programs like WW start counting points mid day and then by 11pm use all my extra points that come from a program I am not even doing. Crazy? Sometimes
4.Decide MF is to hard after a less than 1/2 full try. Pay the shipping and get a refund.
5. Start today 100% effort -- including drinking all the required water.

I choose 5. today. I have lied to myself so many times I do not even trust anything I tell myself. I would not treat a friend the way I have treated myself. So today -- I am going to call myself friend. I am going to find 5 good things to say about myself to myself.

Trust - to rely upon, depend on, to place confidence in to believe, to place in care of, to hope.

Truthful - keeping what is real and what is true.

Today is day 3 of MF - today I am going to be my best friend. I am going to make quality decisions -- you know what when I mess up I am going to be like any good friend and forgive myself. Pick myself and start over - because I am worth it.

Truce- a stop or end of war that is agreed upon by all groups that participate.

I am making a truce with myself. I am going to stop being mean to me and stop B.S.ing myself about tomorrow I will start a diet. I have wasted so much of my life on a tomorrow that never comes. Today I am going to live.

Enemy - something likely to cause harm or injury.

I have been an enemy to myself. I can't imagine making all the promises that I have made to a friend then continually breaking them. I forgive myself for all the times I have lied to myself - all times I started and quit in the same day - all times I wasted money -- for all the up and downs I put my family through - and I mostly forgive myself for making my weight represent who I am.

The above are thoughts from my journey -- how hard this is --

Express yourself - love yourself - be yourself
Zoe Girl
:)
If God be for me who can be against me!
JC Rocks!
zoegirl

Postby Pashta » March 30th, 2006, 8:56 am

:shock: After seeing a few of your posts, I have concluded you must be a writer. If you aren't, maybe that would be a very good option for you. :D

Regardless, stick with it! You can do it! It's just a short period of time before the cravings and hunger goes away and energy abounds!!

You go girl! :mrgreen:

:cheermed:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Allison Onederland » March 30th, 2006, 9:34 am

:bravo: Well said Zoegirl!! You have very eloquently put into words what so many of us feel. I think you will definitely be successful with Medifast! :goodluck:
Allison Onederland
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Dayna » March 30th, 2006, 11:59 am

Yes, yes, yes! That's it, exactly! It's about our choices. We can choose what to eat, and what not to eat. And that means the control, the power, rests firmly within our grasp. We have the choice to exercise control over food. Well thought, and well said. So glad to have you on this forum, I can tell you're going to be a great source of inspiration!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 30th, 2006, 7:54 pm

I LOVED that Zoe! That was great, makes me remember what I'm doing!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room