Is this diet right for me?

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

Is this diet right for me?

Postby BigBoi1881 » April 18th, 2006, 10:39 am

Hello All,

I would like to get your honest opinion on whether this diet is suited for me. Im 24yrs old, 6'2" and I weigh 222lbs. My goal weight is 190-195lbs. So I need to lose about 30lbs. After I hit my goal weight is when I plan to hit the gym to build muscle mass.

Can someone tell me what the average length of time I would need to be on this diet. Is a 4week plan sufficient enough for me?

So far I am thinking of ordering the following items:

7 boxes of Shakes
3 boxes of Oatmeal
4 boxes of Bars
4 boxes of Soups

Which totals to 18 boxes. I know the site recommends at least 20boxes. Out of the 4 meals which is the best meal replacement?
BigBoi1881

Postby Arklahoma » April 18th, 2006, 11:50 am

I think this diet would work for you. Everyone loses at a different rate so it's hard to say if 4 weeks would be enough. It took me almost nine weeks to lose 30 lbs but others go much faster. MF states the average is 2-5 lbs per week.

I know it probably sounds like I'm trying to cop out but it's hard to say which supplements are the best because everyone is different and our taste buds start to change after you're on the plan. I hope that my post has been somewhat helpful for you on your weight loss journey.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BigBoi1881 » April 18th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Arkla,

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Anyone else want to give their opinions.
BigBoi1881

Postby falisamarie » April 18th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Well another factor in how long it will take is whether you are male or female and given your screen name and the fact that you want to build muscle mass I will assume you are a male. Men lose much faster than women generally. It might take a little more than 4 weeks to get where you want to be but I will say that if you follow the program as written you will get there and soon. IMHO all the replacements are good. I am not thrilled however with the hot drinks.
Remember that you are only allowed one bar per day and figure that into your ordering too.

This program is the best for losing the weight and getting healthy while doing it!

Good luck in what ever you decide

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 18th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Hi BB and welcome to the forum,
I would "guess" you'll be looking at more like a couple months to reach your goal.
Men use the Medifast 70 products.

Once you reach your goal, if you're planning on muscle building or toning up, I'd suggest you look at the Medifast Pro Drink. It's sponsered by Ray Lewis.

Here's a link:
Ray Lewis Take Shape

I use it regularly when I'm active. Mostly in the summertime.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LovenElvis » April 18th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Hey there and welcome! Well I have one client that lost 25lbs in 5 weeks and he followed the plan to the letter. Now after 7 weeks he is getting ready for maintenance.

My hubby also uses the Ray Lewis Pro drinks and loves them. My hubby goes down to do the ametur ultimate fight wrestling at Ohio State and the Pro Drinks keep him going! His friend also gets them and they both mix them right up like we would our medifast shakes.

I hope this helps!

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » April 18th, 2006, 7:47 pm

BigBoi ~

There are many variables when it comes to weight loss. The main thing is to follow the program precisely as it is written, you'll need to drink 100 ounces of water. do not skip any packets and do not add any extra carbs or foods to the meal plan. Your activity level, general state of health and any medications you may take will all play into the rate of weight loss.

I know many men that have lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks; some lose more than that - your height is to your advantage.

It sounds like you are highly motivated - that helps a lot, as your less likely to cheat.

You will need 20 boxes minimum for a month. If you are serious about getting those 30 pounds off in a hurry, I'd go with more boxes of Medifast 70 shakes.

Looking forward to helping you, BigBoi.

The Chicken With Wild Rice Soup and the HomeStyle Chili seem to be the most popular of the soups. Chocolate is always a favorite shake flavor for most people.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Order Info