Went to Doctor!

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

Postby doglover » March 25th, 2005, 6:08 am

LilMsT - I am NOT the Donna w/ the very upbeat attitude, but I'm sure she'll chime in soon! (I love her to pieces, she is so friendly and positive!) but I am wondering about your water intake. Getting a lot in? I'm sure somewhere in this forum you may have listed your schedule. But if not, maybe try doing that and see if anyone has any suggestions. Are you working w/ a HA? If not why don't you sign up w/ Nancy or her daughter Becky. Maybe they will have some advise. If you are, what is he/she saying about your slow loss?

Sorry, just some questions I thought of. We will get you through this! Stick with all these really smart people - it will pay off! :stroll:

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

What I'm doing

Postby LilMsTexas » March 25th, 2005, 7:04 am

7:30 shake
10:00 a.m. oatmeal
12:00 bar and diet coke or water
2:00 shake
At night either 1-2 more shakes or soup or whatever
OR my lean and green and 1 more shake

I have to admit there have been days I've only had 4 medimeals and only 5 medimeals on days i've done full fast.

I'm drinking at least 64 oz of water a day. There have been days it has been less but not by much.

I know I'm not supposed to skip ANYTHING and I'm really working on that one for sure. I started back to exercise this week by advice from my Health Advisor Sue. She is a diabetic and I chose her since she had my particular situation as well. She has called and been encouraging. She went over all of this with me one day this week and suggested I resume my exercise but moderately and make SURE I'm getting everything in. I'm DEFINITELY not "cheating" with anything extra, but I might be cheating myself by not getting it all in. For now that's what I'm going to concentrate on is TOTAL COMPLIANCE.

Ya know, I have about 30 minutes in the morning on my commute to just think and listen to the radio :D and I know I've not been exactly right. It's just so hard to realize that I'm eating sooooooooooooooooo much less and drinking my water and all that and I'm still not losing because I miss a shake here and there. BUT...I've read all the reasons and I understand the whys....it's just so strange mentally. At the same time I know that at some point I will begin losing because my body can't do anything BUT lose on this program unless I'm some sort of freak of nature! :shock:

The bottom line is that I've been doing GOOD but I need to do GREAT! So I'll keep shakin' it up and guzzling the H20 and see what happens.
Thanks for checking in with me and have a great day. I think I actually have to do some work today! hehe
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 25th, 2005, 8:49 am

Christi.....whine away girlfriend..all you want... :x .......that's what we are here for ...the good & the challenging times.. :hug: .....I certainly understand & can empathize with the feeling of frustration.....But when I get like that I realize my body needs to change in many ways other than decreased flabbage....this journey is a whole package....Not just dropping weight....heck we've all done that..don't get me wrong.....that is a glorious benefit......but have we ever had a plan like Medifast...with the forum?.....education, support, nutrition, convenience? ...... :?: .... The weight loss is just ONE of the very many benefits to this journey......I know you are not going anywhere and I'm glad!!! It has been said before "what is our alternative?...stick it out and get to goal sooner or later.....or go back to the old habits that brought us here in the first place...if we chose that way...the scale would definetly move...but in the wrong direction... :cry:
I know it doesn't make it any easier but it is your perseverence that will be rewarded!.....We all love INSTANT GRATIFICATION but it is thru DELAYED GRATIFICATION that we learn..grow...& appreciate....stay STRONG Christi....I would have 6 MF meals when doing the complete...try 2 1/2 hrs. apart...and try to get in 100 oz of water.....and I wouldn't even worry about the exercise yet...you'll have plenty of time for that later on....now that was music to my ears :whistle: ... when I didn't have to obsess on exercise.... :yes: ...just keep on shakin....only weigh once or twice a week...and have faith....I'm sending out the Medifast angels... :angel: ...along with many Mediprayers..to give you strength & patience...cause I know you already have determination... :D

Donna..dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

thanks

Postby LilMsTexas » March 25th, 2005, 9:11 am

Thanks Donna...and now I'm sitting at work crying :cry: I asked God to go on this journey with me and He is providing the angels that I need :angel:

Thanks for everything!! I'll be going to get me another bottle of water right now! :D

CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Nancy » March 25th, 2005, 9:16 am

Dear Poor and Pitiful and yes, very Whiney Christi ~

Skipping meals is NOT following the plan precisely. Skipping meals affects your energy level and your weight loss. :hammerhead:

:hmmm: Reality check here: Since when does the scale become the master that measures our value as a person or the Newsperson that reports to the world whether we've been good or bad at the table?

Usually weight loss the third week drops off a bit as the body reassesses itself and rebalances the fluid levels. The third week is also when the body is adjusting to using the stored flab for its fuel sources.

You didn’t reach your current weight in three weeks’ time so it will take more than three weeks for it to come off.

This is a journey – focus on the happy things that are happening.

Rearrange your closet and clean out your drawers. Read a book, study the spring and summer fashions, paint your bedroom - don't let the scale rule your life!

Shake by shake is how you get there. :lol:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby TamiL » March 25th, 2005, 9:39 am

Christi...aka Little miss Texas ( I love that!!)
I am with Nancy's last sentence....DONT LET THE SCALE RULE YOUR LIFE girl!! as hard as that may be sometimes...just LIVE your life...and try not to pay attention to how much you are loosing..cuz let me tell ya..and I dont know if its a little trick my body plays on me..but when I dont pay attention to my scale...and I just let life happen...all of a sudden one day a pair of pants that were tight just a few weeks ago are BAGGY and sagging off my behind!! lol!! thats the wonder of it all!! if you obsess over the scale and how much you are loosing or NOT loosing....it makes time go by much slower!!
Reading your stats...you and I have the same (similar) weight goals...the difference is..I started over a YEAR AGO!! yes..I dropped about 35 pounds in about 8 weeks on medifast when I first started...went from 185 to 155...then I began to play around....nibble...bite..taste a little of this and that...and it became ROUGH waters from there!! but I also started working out with Weights...and that has KEPT ME OFF THE SCALE!! I never even changed my stats since I dont know when..cuz to be honest...I DONT STEP ONE FOOT ON MY SCALE....because those numbers WILL RULE MY DAY!!
we all know that muscle weighs more than fat...so naturally..if your working out..the scale will go UP and your body fat will go DOWN!!
maybe you could do what I did....I found a pair of very tight pants..that I wanted to fit back into again..and tried them on every week....that was my way of measuring my weight loss!! and NOW those pants are too big...they fit comfy!!
I married my high school sweetheart...after Desert Storm...we moved to California, Germany (2 different places) then Ft. Drum NY..he was active duty army......and being an Army wife was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done...for 12 years....it was lonley and FOOD was my comfort!! I ate and ate and ate....and got myself all the way up to 240 pounds!! then I decided enuf was enuf....and at the same time, my husband went to Korea...and Im sure you know how that goes..we were divorced a few years later!! (dosent happen to everyone...but it tests your marraige BIGTIME!! and he met someone over there...) that changed my life....turned it upside down...
I began to walk and watch my food intake..and lost quite a bit of weight on my own....but wasnt happy with myself in a size 14 again....sooooo..I found medifast last February...and began my journey!!
my advice to you my dear: dont be controlled by the scale!! dont use food as a comfort any longer..as loney as times are..and beleive me..I know how much you may be alone without your hubby!! we all tend to get weak around food..and when that happens..play some music..get up and go for a ride...do what it takes...and you will see that scale go down, maybe not as fast as you like...but when your not paying attention...IT WILL drop!! I promise you that!! ;)
okay..enuf babbling from me
HAPPY SHAKIN!! do this...one day at a time!! :D

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LAwoman » March 25th, 2005, 9:55 am

Hi LilMSTexas,

I've been following your posts after reading about your doctors appt. My sister's been a juvenile diabetic almost her whole life. Oh how I wish something like MF had been around for her, and that she had a doctor to help her instead of harming her psyche before so much permanant damage has now set in to her adult life. Good for you and so many others her who know to listen, but always question the wisdom of your doctor (who we forget sometimes are just people too.)

Well, you've already heard all the best advice and encouragement.
And it seems like you actually know what you need to do.
So, now it's up to you.

I will recommend "Success in a Shaker Jar" if you haven't already read it. It's great to reference all the great info you read on this fabulous forum. I read this book for the last two nights and kept repeating aloud, "oh yeah" or "that explains it" in regard to slowed down losses or my body feeling a certain way.

Best wishes to your good health and continued weight loss.

soon to be,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

update from Doctor

Postby LilMsTexas » April 2nd, 2005, 6:19 am

I went in and FINALLY had my bloodwork done. My Hemoglobin A1C isn't back yet but he said my cholesterol was "perfect" and although my liver enzymes were elevated it was only slightly and he was pleased. I have "fatty liver" and it is aggravated when my diabetes is out of control. Fatty liver can be had by a skinny-as-a-rail person...it's not all about weight. My diabetes control is the key to it all. So hearing the news about my liver was REALLY great!

I don't expect my A1C to come back all that great because it is an average of my levels for 3 months and I've only been on program 1 month right now. But it will be great in 3 months to have it checked again and see the difference!!

I haven't had one single blood sugar reading over 120 in the past 2 weeks. Typically they are under 110 (110 being perfect) and my morning levels are in the 90s which is OUTFREAKINGSTANDING!!! My husband is so thrilled that my diabetes is under control. He said he didn't care how much this cost or how much weight I lost as long as those numbers stayed the same...ain't he great :D

My weight loss has been slow...at least slower than I had expected...but I am hoping with my diabetes under control my body won't fight the weight loss as bad now. I should start my RAGING RIVER on Tuesday :x so I don't expect much of a loss on the scale this Sunday. I am already trying to prepare myself for that mentally. I am trying to focus on my diabetes control for this week so I can keep something in the front of my mind to remain positive about. I know I've been on plan and doing great so the scales will have to move eventually!!

Take care everyone and if you are a diabetic I hope you will post here often and be accountable to our disease. This can't and shouldn't be all about weight loss for us. We can heal our bodies one finger stick at a time :D And if you aren't diabetic but still read here I hope you will heed our warnings and take care of yourself and continue to lose your weight now. TypeII diabetes is adult onset and can strike anyone at anytime that does not take care of themselves. Diet and exercise can keep these needles away!

Have a great week everyone and of course...CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » April 2nd, 2005, 6:28 am

Great news LilM! I am so happy you are focusing on your diabetes right now - al else will fall into place! I'm so glad you are part of this forum and us bunch of losers!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: update from Doctor

Postby dlr2424 » April 2nd, 2005, 10:54 am

LilMsTexas wrote: I should start my RAGING RIVER on Tuesday :x so I don't expect much of a loss on the scale this Sunday. I am already trying to prepare myself for that mentally. I am trying to focus on my diabetes control for this week so I can keep something in the front of my mind to remain positive about. I know I've been on plan and doing great so the scales will have to move eventually!!

............ :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: ...Raging River....this forum has so many cute little names for our monthly visitor......I'm right with you...Aunt Flo is flying in tonight... :drive: .....she always makes it just in time for Sunday roll call... :x .....so I too need to prepare mentally.....So here's to the 2 of us and all the others.... :toast: ....that may not see a loss this week ... :sadblue: ....but have been compliant & doing great... :thumbsup:...remember we all will be at goal sooner or later... :yay: ....
Have a great day

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Karen » April 2nd, 2005, 4:48 pm

LilM, this is a great place to get control. I too have AODM. Blood sugars were over 300 on 3 different meds. I am now completely off avandia and amyril. And the glucophage is down from 4 pills to 1. Blood sugar staying between 110-120. (also am off fluid pills and blood pressure meds) All this AND down a bit over 60 pounds since I started MF on November 8, 2004. The weight loss is a bit slower than I hoped, but I never dreamed I would be off all these meds. Triglycerides are down from 398 to 150 (normal) and Cholesterol down from 240 to 180 (normal). I feel so much better I can't even begin to describe it. Went shopping today for new clothes. I had put it off as long as I could. Literally everything in my drawers and closet were too big, so out they went. So now, I even have control of my closets. This is a great place to be. Best of luck for all of us!
5'3 50 y/o Married
Started MF 11-08-04
Renewal experience 7-16-05
Karen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Previous

Return to Diabetes