Went to the Doctor today =)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Went to the Doctor today =)

Postby LilMsTexas » May 23rd, 2005, 3:04 pm

Dear sweet friends.........let me tell you about my trip to the Plastic Surgeon :D

Sunday night my daycare provider called and told me she couldn't watch Broden today because she threw her back out :shock: All I could think was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am NOT rescheduling!! "AUNT DARLA" (next door neighbor) to the rescue :D

Got ready to leave this morning and MAJOR wreck on I-95 OF COURSE and it took 2.5 HOURS to get 23 MILES up the road!! I was paniced :| My husband suggested calling and rescheduling when we had to stop and pee because I doubled up on my medi drinks this morning since I would be occupied during "snack" time. My answer again was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am NOT rescheduling!! We got back out on I-95 and trudged along. Once we got on the Metro I called the doctor's office and the girl was sooooooooo understanding and just said "No problem, be careful and get here when you can" <<BIG SIGH OF RELIF>

Ok........now it has taken over 3 hours to make it to my appointment and to say I was stressed was a HUGE understatement. I was in tears just waiting to be called back because this day was finally here.

Gosh there is so much I want to tell you. I want to talk to all of you on the phone and tell you how it went :( Anyway........trying to make this as short as possible. The doctor took one look at me and says "You are a PERFECT candidate for this surgery" Other comments along the way were "You are going to look PHENOMINAL!" "You completely have a medical reason for this surgery and I believe they will do it" "I don't think you look heavy at all and if you WANT to lose some more weight I want you to do it before I do the surgery" and here's my FAVORITE part "WHEN DO YOU WANT TO DO IT?"

Of course there were tons of information swapping and I didn't really have many questions because I've researched this so extensively already. But all of her comments were in the tense of "WHEN" we do this and not IF we do this :D She said she would write the letter to the insurance today and we should know in 2-3 weeks :( Now comes the hard part of waiting. But........she made me feel so confident and she never said "well if insurance won't cover it this is how much it costs." Maybe I should have asked, but for right now I just wanted to stay on my cloud 9!

Surgery will be 3-4 hours and one night stay. 2-4 weeks recovery period with most people returning to work in 2 weeks. Diabetes is not a concern because it is SO WELL CONTROLLED!!

I told her I didn't want to do the surgery until sometime in July. I will keep the promise I made to myself and that is getting every bit of weight off that I possibly can before the surgery. Because referral acceptance runs out in a period of time she suggested that I not go longer than July. I firmly believe I can have 12-15 more lbs off before then and that would put me within 10 lbs of my ideal weight. The surgery actually should cover that to be honest.

WOW! I'm on cloud 9, but trying hard to keep a level of doubt in my head so I'm not completely devestated if the insurance says no. She just seemed so convincing and confident. She even said at one point "I believe Blue Cross/Blue Shield would cover you and they don't want to cover ANYTHING!" The Hidradenitis is the clincher and she knew EXACTLY what it was.......also making me very confident. If you ever have time and want to know what it's all about look it up and you'll see what I've been dealing with for 15 years :(

I have so much to say but I"ll do it in another post another time. I am having tons of feelings about this now that it might actually happen. But I'm really going to stop right now and talk about it later. This has certainly been long enough.

Nancy I didn't write you back personally because I knew I would do this here too. Thank you sooooooooooooo much for checking on me today. You are SUCH a great friend :D

So that's it for now. Let the waiting begin!!
wewwwww I did it,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 23rd, 2005, 3:24 pm

Christi~~That is wonderful news! :yay: :yay: I am sooo happy for you and glad that your day, except for the traffic mess, went well.

I know it will be hard to wait for the insurance companies response. Try not to go CWAZY :nana: thinking about it. I'm sure it will be difficult to think about anything else.

I will be praying that the insurance company approves the request and that all goes well.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » May 23rd, 2005, 3:54 pm

Christi,
That is AWESOME!! I am so glad she is ready and willing to do this and
is up to date on your particular medical issues and feels confident in the
results you will have!!
Now I will also be praying for the insurance company to make a fast and
positive decision in your favor!
Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » May 23rd, 2005, 3:58 pm

Aw, this is a God thing – I :angel: prayed big time for you, Cutie!

Your day began with difficulty and yet you persevered, :deadhorse: overcame the trials along your trail and what a :yes: great outcome!

Your doctor’s report is a smile-bringer, Christi. :lol:

I believe that you can easily get 10 pounds off in the next month, too – you are goal-oriented and your desire for a flat tummy will keep you program-compliant all the way.

When our reason WHY is really big and we are totally committed to it, then the little piddly temptations that come along our way can easily be told to join the dust bunnies and go stand in the corner of the attic or basement because we have a job to do! Your job: dump as uh flabbage as possible between now and scalpel time!

Gosh, we hope you take ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures for us…maybe we can get a :goteam: group deal here and I can have my hipsters carved away a tad bit!

:coach: Let’ celebrate, Kids. :buddies: Shaker Jars raised or Magic Bullet Party Mugs raised?

Let’s clink’em: :cheers: “To Christi with an ‘i’

:shades: Here’s to you, the :whip: demise of the :muahaha: Belly Monster and hullo flat tummy!!”
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 23rd, 2005, 4:35 pm

Absolutely I will be doing the MF SHAKEY DANCE all the way until the bitter end. The more I have off the less they have to LOP OFF and the healthier I will be and the shorter my recovery time. The only other thing I will have to take into account is transitioning to maintenance in a timely manner before surgery. At that point it should be allllllllll about maintenance :yippee: I am allowing myself to feel confident this will happen. The surgeon just seemed sooooo positive today that it has rubbed off on me 8)

Now I am armed with even MORE resolve to stay on track and see this through to the end (or the beginning as it where).

Please keep the doctor and the insurance decision makers in your prayers that they will see the medical necessity and bring all my suffering to an end. I am doing my part and I am very proud of myself. I didn't just take the easy way out. I'm getting healthy and lean and getting my body ready for a major surgery that will help me deal with an illness that is very debilitating. This is going to be a VERY long wait :aarggh:

Bear with me over the next few weeks.......this is gonna be a bumpy ride!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby want2Bthin » May 23rd, 2005, 5:14 pm

Christi-

I am so happy for you! I am going to be praying my little heart out that the insurance company approves this! I am sure they will. If anyone deserves this it is you! You are so sweet and supportive to everyone on this forum. God is so awesome!:-P

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 23rd, 2005, 8:19 pm

Christi,
That's GREAT news!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :clap: Somehow, I already KNEW the results today were going to be in your favor, but don't really know how I KNEW....just a feeling - I guess.

Now, I just need to get in to see a Dr. about me having a breast reduction covered by my insurance....that would be my greatest dream!! It seems like I'm losing everywhere else, and ironically, this is where I would like to lose the most. I have always had a flat butt (wish there was a little shape there) and it's just getting flatter and then I've got these things in my way all the time, and they ain't goin anywhere!! Go figure!!

I can't believe everything that you had to go through this morning before you finally got to see the Dr. I'm glad you didn't cancel and super glad that the Dr.'s office was understanding about the wreck. I don't think we could have stood the anticipation for another day.....hehe...I mean you couldn't have waited!! ;)

So, now, you've just got a little bit more to go to reach your goal - and I KNOW (got that feeling again) that you'll be able to pull it off. Scalpel day will be here before you know it!!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby dlr2424 » May 25th, 2005, 9:27 am

Nancy wrote:…maybe we can get a :goteam: group deal here and I can have my hipsters carved away a tad bit!

Nancy......Pass the list around and add my name to the top............ :yay: ............a little lipo in thighville will be great.... :clap: ..along with a little tummy tuck from the c-sections....... :mrgreen: ......

Now in all seriousness....I am so happy for you Christi..... :yes: .....your perseverence will be rewarded.............This surgery will be a small token for all the challenges brought about from Diabetes..................my prayers are with you.......... :angel: ........
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » May 25th, 2005, 10:22 am

Hi Christi,

I'm really happy for you....that's great news! :thumbig:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » May 25th, 2005, 1:28 pm

Christi! I'm so happy for you! Being on Cloud 9 is a GREAT feeling and I hope everything works out perfectly for you.

I will pray that the insurance covers this, but (they will, so we don't need this :lol: ) BUT, if they don't, your dr. may give you a reduced rate on this. Like I said, I'm hoping and praying that this is covered for you, and if it is not, get ready to FIGHT for it.

You are going to look and more importantly FEEL awesome!!!

YAY! :bounce:
Sheila
6 weeks = –22lbs
Mommy2girls

Return to Come on in.