My 1st doctor visit after starting the program.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

My 1st doctor visit after starting the program.

Postby Bseaton » February 1st, 2004, 2:08 pm

Before i started the program i went to the doctor and had bloodwork done and she gave me her assessment. My weight was up to 240, bloodpressure was high and my bloodwork was extremely high in several different areas. My Body Mass Index was at 34 and she said i was in danger of getting other problems. I started on 1/1/2004 on the full fast because i felt so bad at myself and eating wasn't enjoyable anymore it just made me bloated with heartburn. I was hard to tie my own shoes or pick up anything on the floor. I was not enjoying life and i could no longer suck in my stomach to hide my belly. I was so mentally prepared for this and i believe that this is a large part of the program. Lets face it its up to us and only us we can tell every one that we are doing great but only you know if you eat that doughnut when everyone is not looking. I know because a lot of my food consumption was when no one was looking. My doctor was very glad to see me and could tell a huge difference in the way i looked the most ovious was in my face. My weight had went down from 240 to 215 on her scales and my bloodpressure had gone down to perfect numbers. My body mass index had gone down from 34 to 30. My waist has gone from a 36 to a 33 and my shirts have gone from xl to a large. we tested my blood but i will not know about that for a few more days. I fell great - It has not been easy by any means but its up to me to make the difference. It's so strange that there is so much more food at home and at work at my access since i started this. I just got to work and there are Florida Oranges, Cinn Rolls and a jug of 2lbs of Planters Cashews about 10 feet from me and i am the only one at work. This food was never here before. Its not easy but it is still worth it while i am drinking my water and getting ready to drink another shake. My next doctor visit is in 6 weeks lets hope i have more to write about then.
Barry Seaton

1/01/04
247/210/170
Bseaton
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby susan » February 1st, 2004, 2:41 pm

Barry, wow you are doing great .just keep shaking .Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 1st, 2004, 2:59 pm

What an AWESOME story, thanks for sharing and Congratulations! :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Marci » February 1st, 2004, 5:42 pm

Good job Barry! :cleader: I recall you having some problems and I am glad that everything is working out now for ya! Keep up the good work.
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Kimbob » February 1st, 2004, 7:19 pm

Very exciting! It sounds like you have a great doc.

Good work!

Kimbob the Proud
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Ellen » February 1st, 2004, 7:37 pm

Barry,
Great inspiring post. What a huge difference you've made in your life after only one month!! You've made a dramatic improvement in your health and you've only just begun.

Congratulations on a major accomplishment and keep it up. Thanks for inspiring the rest of us!!
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 2nd, 2004, 11:44 am

Fantastic Barry!!
Amazing what the body can do when you treat it right. Can't wait to see your next numbers. Keep us posted and:
Keep Shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Starloser63 » February 4th, 2004, 10:44 am

Barry,
Great story and congratulations! Keep up the good work and the positive mental attitude.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room