went to a cookout yesterday

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

went to a cookout yesterday

Postby mamabear » April 23rd, 2006, 10:03 am

I did really well too! I had a shake before I went, and while I was there I had a turkey burger-no cheese, no bun, and some salad(actually just lettuce and tomatoes) with just a touch of light dressing. I also drank a ton of water.

Normally I would have had a cheeseburger with bun of course, and probably a hot dog too, probably would have skipped the tossed salad for the potato salad and deviled eggs. I also would have been at the chip and dip bowl too many times to count and had some sort of alcoholic beverage in my hand. :lol: And don't even get me started on the desserts! :lol:

It was a big challenge for me but I did it and I feel really good about myself for that!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » April 23rd, 2006, 10:16 am

Great job!!! That potato salad will still be there for you to taste when you're on maintenance. And it'll taste that much better when you're skinny!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mamabear » April 23rd, 2006, 10:19 am

Yes, you are right!! :mrgreen: Thanks! :mrgreen:
mamabear

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 23rd, 2006, 10:32 am

Wow!!! What good control, Mamabear!!!! Cookouts can be a toughie to get through, and you did it!!!!!!!! :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Shana » April 23rd, 2006, 10:36 am

Great job mamabear!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby mamabear » April 23rd, 2006, 10:59 am

thanks everyone! :mrgreen: I want to lose weight sooo bad- and I am not gonna let any food get in my way! No matter how good it looks....and smells! :lol:
mamabear

Postby falisamarie » April 23rd, 2006, 11:49 am

You did great! Sometimes it is hard to resist but you did it and next time it will be even easier!

Great job

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » April 23rd, 2006, 4:11 pm

GREAT JOB!!! :thumbig:

I know how hard it can be to resist during get togethers; Had a few of my own this weekend. Funny, when my Mother-in-law came up to me with the BIG tub of home made potatoe salad and tried to plop a big spoonful on my plate and said,"Whats wrong Dear ... aren't you hungry?" and I politely answered, "No thanks, I know how delicious your potatoe salad is, but I really am full right now ... I'll have some later" and all I really wanted to do was scream or cry "AWAY DEVIL WOMAN - YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUR SALADS BUT THAT I AM DIETING! :shock:

Seriously, it really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be during the drive there. Most people didn't even notice if I was eating or not - they were all too busy stuffing their own faces!

I am proud of you :)
Cathy

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 23rd, 2006, 4:20 pm

Great job!!! Woo Hoo!!! Doesn't it feel good to be in control! Glad you could enjoy the festivities and stay compliant.

Good job!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby mamabear » April 23rd, 2006, 6:48 pm

Thanks everyone!!

Cathy--it's so true-everyone else is too busy overeating to notice what I'm eating, or not eating. Scary thing is that I used to be one of them-but not anymore-never again! :mrgreen:
mamabear

Postby Mom23 » April 24th, 2006, 4:11 am

:bravo: Wow! What great restraint and control! You deserve a pat on the back for surviving and keeping in compliance! :pet:

Keep up the good work -- it'll get easier and easier! :jumprope:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23

Postby mamabear » April 24th, 2006, 6:46 am

Thanks Bobbi! I'll pat myself on the back! :lol: I am very proud of myself! :mrgreen:
mamabear

Postby Tiolazz » April 24th, 2006, 8:46 am

Christina,

Isn't funny the things you notice that you didn't before you were dieting, and being successful at it.

This last Saturday night, some friends of ours asked us to join them to go out to eat, I really struggled with going or not going, but decided that I cannot just hide in my house until this journey is complete, so reluctantly, we said yes.

We did however have to say that there were certain places that we absolutely could not go, (like Italian rest. for example), to my surprise they were all very agreeable and supportive of me.

We settled on Tony Roma's, I ordered my bbq chicken and asked them to put the sauce to the side, and had grilled veges, without the carrots. The waiter asked what diet I was doing because we were all discussing it, and he was so nice, he said, If you would prefer it, I don't have to bring bread to the table. What a nice guy. So everyone agreed and he did not bring the bread.

I asked for a to-go box and put the second breast in the box immediately, pulled the skin off, the wing off, and ate my chicken and my veges.

As I sat there looking around, I noticed that probably 80% of the people that were in the rest. were overweight, and eating portions that were unbelievable. My husband caught me looking around, and said outloud, never really saw all this before did we?

It was an eye opening experience, no wonder America is the most overweight country, just look at what they feed us....

Anyhow, didn't mean to steal your post, but that was certainly an eye opening expericne for me..... You did good this weekend, keep it up....

We can do this !!!!!!

Terri

Tiolazz

Postby mamabear » April 24th, 2006, 8:50 am

You are so right Terri! It's ridiculous what size servings they give in restaurants! And don't even get me started on buffets! :lol: I always wondered when I was eating out if people were looking at me and thinking-jeez she really shouldn't be eating that, she's big enough already! :lol:
mamabear

Return to Come on in.