Weight

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Weight

Postby daisylee783 » August 12th, 2005, 5:30 am

I have a question - I have been on this diet a month - I've lost some weight but this past week my weight loss has slowed- I'm at 130 right now - my goal weight is 115 and I'm afraid that I'm doing something wrong - although I'm following the diet perfectly...

In the last week I've lost 3-4 lbs - but when I get in this message board people are losing 10 lbs in 10 days...

Is there something that I should be doing that I'm not???
daisylee783

Postby auntielingo » August 12th, 2005, 6:54 am

Hi Daisylee.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. :D That sounds about right for Medifast. I think the average for women is 2-4 pounds per week. Many of the people who lose large amounts of weight in one week are just starting out the program. And realize that you have a lot less to lose than a lot of other folks. Once you start getting close to goal (which you already are), weight loss may slow down. Plus every body gains and loses weight differently. I lost a lot of weight in my first week, but this week I'll be lucky if I lose more than 2 pounds.

Keep up following the program perfectly, and it'll only be a few more weeks until you reach your goal weight. :lol: You know you can do it, since you've already done it a month. You'll get a lot of support from this forum whenever you need it. Good luck!

Angie
auntielingo
Regular Member - #10 Club

Re

Postby daisylee783 » August 12th, 2005, 8:05 am

Thanks! Its just always nice to hear that I'm not crazy!
daisylee783

Postby Lisa Renee » August 12th, 2005, 12:34 pm

No you are not crazy. I am on week two and I only lost 5.8 pounds the first week and I weighed 383 pounds.. Most other diets I did loose about 10 pounds the first week, but I beleive that was mostly water weight. With this diet, I feel like I am loosing more fat and 5.8 pounds of fat versus 10 pounds of water is much better in my book. I also don't feel like I am starving myself like I did on WW and other plans. It's an even calorie level all day and I have no cravings. Other plans I either had too little carbs or too many. This is just right and you will see that loosing weight slower will mean the difference in keeping it off. I have lost 40 pounds in 40 days before, but the minute I went back to a regular diet, it all came back plus 40! You are on the right track with MF!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » August 12th, 2005, 2:32 pm

You'll drive yourself crazy comparing your loss to others'. I lost 6 pounds the first week, and I've "only" been losing about 2 pounds a week since then. But considering the last time I tried Weight Watchers, I lost 3 pounds the first week and then gained it back the second (and stopped after a month at 5 pounds higher than I'd started!), I'm a happy camper.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby martha » August 13th, 2005, 1:02 am

Yes that's the way it goes the closer you get to goal(so I have been told) You are not going CRAZY :mrgreen: Keep up the good work and you will be rewarded by waking up one morning and being at goal :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » August 14th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Daisylee ~

Nope, you're not :nana: cwazy and not :nana: cwazy for asking either!

Take your measurements, drink plenty of water and trust the Program to work...by the way...this is NOT a DIEt; DIEts don't work. This is phase 1 of the weight loss program, eating smaller nutritionally balanced meals more frequently throughout the day and in no time, you'll be flab-free.

You are unique, your weight loss rate is also unique and with the Medifast products and the Take Shape For Life Program, you will lose weight at the rate that is best for your body. You'll soon be at your goal!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room