MY weight loss journey

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

MY weight loss journey

Postby lauradr » April 13th, 2006, 6:48 am

I am almost to the end of my weight loss journey :drive: :D my good medi team :goteam: I am almost ready to do what most of us has never done-- :x keep our weight off.-- :bricks: I started in Sep. of last Year after a Doctors appointment that was bad basically the doctor said loss weight if you want to live, :cry: I new I wanted to live I have a great husband, :D 2 great grown children :D and sweet granddaughter :D . At the age of 49 and after trying every diet under the sun, :x I went to the web and found Medifast :D placed my first order and after that I found this web sight and read 3 very important post to me that changed my thinking and my life the first was from Nancy second was from dlr2424 next was LilMsTexas they suggested books I read the best for me was :arrow: ----Life is hard food is easy---- next I thought about how much money this was going to cost :shock: I sat down with a piece of paper and added how much I was spending on junk food :shock: and it was just about what Medifast would cost a day :D – and then I had some nasty thoughts :x about not cooking for my family and I thought they don’t need all the junk food and the best thing I could give them was a healthy wife, Grandma and mom and good healthy eating habits that maybe they want have this struggle :x ---next I called Nancy she was great in every way she never called and bugged me if I did not want her to---but she was there when I needed her :rose: and every one on the board was there when I needed them :cleader: :hug: — now I’m going to sound like a needy person but guys I’m going to post every step of the way as I move forward :drive: , for me I think it’s the only way I will keep my weight off :oops: -- with everyone here and the God I know I can do it--- :goteam: I'm sorry this was so long--
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Trixie » April 13th, 2006, 7:00 am

Laura, I am so happy that you've found success with Medifast and are sticking around while you complete the last few miles and cruise off into transition.

It's nice that you've found the support you need here. You've certainly been and continue to be an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others.

Thanks for sharing!

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 13th, 2006, 7:03 am

Laura,

Seeing you have such success and perserverance gives me hope that I too can win this too. I'm glad to hear that you're going to be sticking around. :) You're a wealth of knowledge and support to all of us here.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 13th, 2006, 8:05 am

Laura I cried as I read your post. You really opened my eyes that while I still have a long way to go there is an end to this road and a beginning of another one in eating right and maintaining this for life. You are such an inspiration to all of us and I am happy to hear that you will continue to post even once you reach goal (very soon)

We should all follow your example cause you have surely shown us how it is done!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Linda » April 13th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Laura, I'm happy to see that you made the decision you were struggling with. I know it was a hard one to make and I'm so glad you are transitioning with a happy attitude.

Please DO keep us posted, as this is something I know we all need to prepare for. Also know that we are here to support you if you decide to go further later.

KEEP HAPPY and enjoy your next step into transition.

:heart: :heart:
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lizabette » April 13th, 2006, 6:43 pm

LAURA,

Oh how sad I would be if I thought you were leaving us, even though I have not known you that long. :cry:

We will really need your MF experience and knowledge to help us as we transition into maintaining the precious weight loss we have attained. :D

It is a fearful thing to launch into unknown territory, which all of us will eventually have to face. :uhuh:

By that time, you will have a wealth of knowledge about maintenance that will be so helpful to us. :yes:

Thank you, LAURA, for your wonderful support and help to all of us, :heart:

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby lameteorologa » April 13th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Congrats! You are an inspiration! :)
lameteorologa
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nicki » April 13th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Thanks so much for letting us all share in your successes!! I'm so happy for you! And thanks as well for planning on keeping us updated as you journey onward through maintenance. It will be every bit as valuable to us as it will be for you!

:yourock:
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 13th, 2006, 9:08 pm

Hi Laura,

I'm so pleased you're going into transition! I know you can keep this off for LIFE! I hope you will continue posting about your progress in transition because it is something that interests all of us greatly!

I can't tell you what an inspiration and motivation you have been to my journey and I plan to keep walking with you for a long time!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 13th, 2006, 11:53 pm

lauradr ... Thanks for posting. I'm so glad to know that you'll continue your journey with us!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room