Weight Loss During First Week?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby KimKim » May 24th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Hi Folks,

I'm new to Medifast (and the boards). I lost 3 pounds my first week and I'm okay and encouraged by that but I was wondering . . . it seemed like other folks on here lost alot more weight during their first week.

Is it common to lose alot of weight during the first week on Medifast like alot of people do the first week of any diet? (you know, 7, 8, 12 pounds, etc.?).

I admit I slipped up a couple of times but I'm doing much better this week.

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » May 24th, 2006, 2:33 pm

i was wondering the same thing. i lost 5lbs this last week, but i weigh 300! one would think that i would HAVE to lose more than that since i am on the complete fast, not cheating and (in theory) would need 3,000 calories a day to maintain my weight.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby loriannk » May 24th, 2006, 2:51 pm

Let me start out by saying everyone loses at there own pace. Some lose lots and some only lose a pound or two a week. You have to be patience. The weight will come off.

Your body may not have had alot of water weight to lose as that is what most lose in the first week. I lost 6 lbs my first week and now lose about 2 - 3 lbs a week.

Kim... since you admited to not being 100% compliant with the program the first week that may be why you didnt lose as much as you hoped.

Csula... you lost 5 lbs! That is a great first week loss. Maybe the complete fast is keeping you from losing more. Your body may be shutting down from such a drastic drop in calories. If your doctor did not recomend the fast I would switch to the 5/1 plan. Most will say you will lose the same amount of weight in the long run. If I am wrong someone will correct me.

Anyway that is my 2 cents.

Good luck.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby KimKim » May 24th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Hey you two,

Okay, this is good to know. It's definitely true about the water weight and you're right, Lori, about the noncompliance. It was slight but still, I realize it could have been enough to push me over.

I calculated earlier that if I do lose 3lbs per week, I would be very happy with that as well, since I haven't lost like that in quite some time, if ever. Still, if I *can* lose the 5lbs a week or 20lbs per month that I keep hearing about, I would prefer that (obviously).

Sticking to the plan,

Kim
KimKim
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Nicole81 » May 25th, 2006, 2:47 am

All I can say is this plan does work! Any slips even though they seem small can make a HUGE difference! Remember to drink loads of water and just stick to plan! Good luck and we are here for you! :D
-NICOLE
243 highest weight in 10/05
238 BEFORE MEDIFAST 1/06
STARTED MF 3/6/06 @ 230
230/190/130

Going to restart soon. Now 229 had my baby boy 7/14/07. Ready to get Shakin'
Nicole81
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » May 25th, 2006, 6:20 am

My initial weightloss was dramatic. 17 lbs the first 2 weeks, but then it slowed to 1 -2.5 lbs. a week. never more and I had 2 stall weeks. I'm on week...12 and have lost 35.5 lbs. I'm ok with this. It'd be excellent if I were losing faster, but I'm satisfied and very rarely hungry. Before medifast...I would drink 12 cups of coffee a day, have lunch about 2pm and then eat a HUGE dinner at 7pm and go to bed. I am so much healthier now than I've ever been in my entire life. :)
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Diana » May 25th, 2006, 11:07 pm

First, please know I was over 300 lbs when I started.

Second, please also know that I was in bed (when I wasn't throwing up) with migraines for the 2 of my first 4 days.

Having said thus, I lost 9.5 lbs my first 3 days, and I think just over 11 total my first week.

If you don't have as much to lose as those of us who are/were morbidly obese, your total will be different. But here's how I count it: I was able to lose, at most, half a pound a week on Weight Watchers; so, anytime I lose more than half a pound in a week, I figure I'm ahead of schedule.

Your body will do what it wants -- no one is ever in control of how much they lose. We can only control the circumstances to ENCOURAGE our body to drop the pounds. We do the best to follow the BeSlim philosophy, and trust and pray on the rest.

Here's to our mutual success! :buddies:
Diana
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby DogMa » May 26th, 2006, 2:34 pm

I lost 5 my first week, 2 each week for the next two or three weeks, then it slowed down. Now on a really good week, I'll lose about a pound and a half, but I have lots of weeks when I lose less or even nothing. Sometimes I even go up a bit and then drop back down.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 26th, 2006, 9:43 pm

Kim, many of us are in what we refer to the turtle club!!! it has only been your first week and any weight loss is great!! I always say, if it's a loss, I'll take it. Anything is better than a gain. Hang in there! We all lose weight differently but the program will work for ANYONE who sticks to it.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss