weekly frustrations

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

weekly frustrations

Postby rayray » June 6th, 2006, 5:40 pm

I'm just writing here to vent basically. This week has been difficult mainly due to work and the craziness that goes on there. After reading a post here on emotional eating i have realzied everytime i have ever been on any diet I do well for a little while and as soo as something emotional happens i tend to ease my pain with food. I never realized it until now. Today was a perfect example. I work for father flanagans girls and boystown, its an emergency shelter for runnaways, abused children and so on. Its extreamly stressful, and i have been there over a year and a half. I am the direct care staff that has been there the longest now, and i finally after constantly having my schedule changed, picking up extra shift, working for a month and a half at a time with out having days off finally got my dream schedule, m-f 6:30am-2:30pm only to be in meetings today to be told that everyone is going to have to pick up one satuday night a month. Yes i normally do that anyhow for the overtime, but we have all these new ppl hired and its like they are getting favortisim already... I know to some this doesn't seem like a big deal and it shouldn't be but i was really mad. The first thing that came to mind was like i need something to eat. Granted i did well and grabbed a piece of celery. But when I got home and was cooking dinner all I wanted to do was eat. And i did eat more meat than i should of. I am somewhat disappointed in myself. But my question to you all is when you feel yourself wanting to eat due to being stress what do some of you do as an alternative? Im thinking maybe i could go walk the dog or something along those lines? :x that is how i feel tonight!
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » June 6th, 2006, 6:02 pm

I clean the house. But that works better for boredom than emotional distress. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with MY emotional issues this week. I've stayed away from food, but I'm not sure what to do instead!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Aerie » June 6th, 2006, 6:11 pm

Pickles work for me!
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Sarya » June 6th, 2006, 6:32 pm

heh yeah I do the dishes or play a video game. walking around the mall might work too.

--S
Sarya

Postby Diana » June 6th, 2006, 9:59 pm

Hey, Rayray! What a break through!!! What incredible things you're learning about yourself and your body and your habits!! And congrats for not going for the Pepperidge Farms Chocolate Cake or whatever. If you're going to splurge, protein is best.

I usually call my sister -- she's level headed, gives good advice (or not as my mood allows), and in the end we wind up laughing about something.

Walking is good -- all kinds of research about the benefits of exercise...

Pets are good, too. Research on benefits of those, too, particularly cats and dogs.

I also have a number of hobbies (not good for the clutter around the house, but...). My favorite for losing myself is photography. I get completely absorbed. Like totally. And even when I can't force myself to walk or exercise, I'll actually hike trails when I'm driven by a shot.

Getting on here, reading stories, looking at pictures, getting feedback -- all excellent moves and YOU DID IT!!! Way to go!!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby falisamarie » June 7th, 2006, 5:17 am

rayray,

You have already learned so much. It was neat to read your post and watch as you learned by just putting down into word what you were feeling. I don't know if that will make sense to anybody else but to me it makes perfect sense.

You are doing great and if you ever need to talk just drop me a line and let me know.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma Reloaded » June 7th, 2006, 5:47 am

Hey there rayray! I'm sorry things at work are so unbalanced and unfair. Lately, I've been trying to remember that I am NOT the only one that is facing painful, frustrating, and difficult circumstances. I begin listing the things I am thankful for....actually speaking them out loud and thanking God for all of His blessings. Even if you're not a spiritual person, it really helps to think of, and say out loud, all the good things in your life.

Our society has become so negative. Just read the "opinion" section of your local newspaper...it's basically a place for people to complain.

Negative people lead negative lives. I've been negative for the past several months because I have resented our family moving from my home state here to wisconsin. My family, close friends and wonderful church are all in my home state. Where I am living now is like a redneck version of the twilight zone! I had to STOP complaining and start listing off all of the positives in my life...My husband has a less physically demanding job that pays great, my kids have adjusted well to the move and are doing well in school, my oldest just graduated H.S. valedictorian, I am finally making friends, I am bonding with and making a difference in the lives of the kids in our church youth group...etc...

WOW, I feel better already!!!! LOL Who was this post for, you or me?? HAHAHA!!!

Anyway rayray, we're here for you! You're doing great!!! You're on the road to self discovery and good health! A winning combo!

Keep Shakin!
~Joyce~
Formerly known as MusicalMomma
MusicalMomma Reloaded

Return to The Weight Room