frustrations

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

frustrations

Postby rayray » July 21st, 2006, 7:07 pm

Ok so yesterday I had an emotional break down at work and I gave in to my old emotional eating habbits and i did horrible. I have to post in here and take ownership for my mistakes (something i use to try to hide) so here it goes. I had an english muffin w/cream cheese, a hand full of nachos with cheese, a bagel and a spoonful of ice cream. I felt like such a cow yesterday!!!!! And as i was eating it i knew that i shouldnt but i reverted back to my old habits at my first big emotional problem. Granted i knew i could have done a lo worse and i almost did because i almost went to McDonalds as well but somehow i was able to tell myself 'Rachel you do not need anymore. Get back on track' So i started today and did relativley well. Granted I still had to deal with a lot of what was frustrating me yesterday, I did better with only a small cheat at the movies and at dinner. Tomorrow I am shooting for a full day in plan with no cheats. I did however manage to get to the gym and work out a lot of my frustrations. I think if I can just get in the mindset to work out when I feel the need to cheat I WILL DO BETTER! And I know that I CAN DO THIS! So I have decided that If i do not lose or if i gain this week it will be my learning experience and I can recognize triggers when i feel them coming on. SO heres to a new beginning and to renewed motivation. I just wish I would have had someone to kick me yesterday and say to me stop you dont need that. But i know I need to be my biggest cheerleader and just get my butt in gear! I am so close to onderland and I want it so bad.

On a more positive note while at the gym today I was able to accomplish something i havent been able to do in a very long time, if ever. I was able to jogg half a mile with out getting out of breath and do a full 3 miles on the treadmill. So I promise myself that tomorrow i will go to the gym and go swimming before I go to work, and if while at work I get the urge to cheat I will text messege my cousin to help me thru the craving!!!!!
Hope you all are doing better that I!!!
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby smartipantz » July 21st, 2006, 7:26 pm

Rayray,

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on. It's difficult to leave behind those dreaded triggers but be aware of what they are and if you can, avoid!

Here's what I can offer...... this program works wonderfully, however you need to be 100% compliant on the program. Pounds literally fall off and trust me, the compliments you will be receiving is so much more valuable than a good cheat. Cheating just sets you back, costs you more money and time on the program, and makes you feel bad. As Nancy says "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!" This is a true statement... buying clothes in sizes you haven't seen in years, the great energy you recover, and just knowing that you are getting yourself healthy is a good feeling.

Remember, once you lose your weight, you'll have to change your eating habits for life, otherwise all your hard work goes down the toilet. It's best to start now.... :)

Hang in there........ you can do it........ and we look forward to the new you!!!

Happy Shaking,

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Prancer » July 21st, 2006, 7:27 pm

Dont beat yourself up, you are getting back on track, headed in the right direction.
Prancer

Postby Amber » July 21st, 2006, 7:52 pm

Hey rayray-
Owning your stuff is more than half the battle; you just did that masterfully!
In the battle of rayray vs. emotional eating, rayray just posted a BIG score- good job!
Now onward
:arrow:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber

Postby JKSRN » July 21st, 2006, 8:07 pm

Rachel, it is good that you recognized one of your triggers, which you will most likely avoid, the next time it rears its temptation upon you. Your desire to get back on program is admirable. And, confronting your triggers and learning how not to give in to them, but, rather deal with them, when they come along, makes you stronger for the next time, just like you re-directed your energies toward exercise on the following days. You can do it, Rachel!! Much success is wished for you! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » July 21st, 2006, 8:37 pm

Back on track. That's all you gotta do! No worries just keep moving forward and don't look back.
Aerie

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 21st, 2006, 9:01 pm

I'm so happy you jumped right back on plan! You know a trigger, you know you can get right back on, and you know we will be here for you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

thanks ya'll

Postby rayray » July 22nd, 2006, 6:00 am

Thanks for all the supportive comments. t feels good to be back on plan today. Its a new day and im feeling good after returning from the gym!!! I will let you all know in roll call how i did tomorrow!
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 22nd, 2006, 6:29 am

Way to take ownership and move on. I'm so proud of you!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room