week 1, day 1, hour 1 (part 2)

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

week 1, day 1, hour 1 (part 2)

Postby Guest » December 17th, 2003, 10:37 am

Thanks for the input explorthis! I am defintely only planning to weigh in once a week.

I feel off the wagon the first day (Monday). SO I am restarting today. I was blindsided by a birthday party and everyone there was saying "wait til after the holidays". My grandpa even tried making me feel sorry for not eating his burgers.

Well anyway, I won't let ANYBODY stop me again. I took Tuesday to get my head together and I'm ready to stick it out. Spending the evening at the mall yesterday (with it's 1 million mirrors) reminded me of how bad I want this.

Re: week 1, day 1, hour 1 (part 2)

Postby explorthis » December 17th, 2003, 12:18 pm

smpclient wrote:I feel off the wagon the first day (Monday). SO I am restarting today.

Hey…. Thanks for the post. First of all, you have taken blame your entire life. Its time now for you to take charge. Grandpa will get over the burger thing. There will be 10 million more burgers in your future. Once Grandpa sees your loss, he will understand. I was in the same boat with B-Day’s, and Grandpa burgers etc, but I explained I was dieting, they all shook their heads, as many of us, me included had said this too many times, till they saw the progress. I have had probably 10 different b-days (large family) since being on this and have resisted every time. Nothing comes of it from others, except your GAIN of the LOSS! They get over it. Soon as they see your serious, and see you loosing, the tide will change, you will be watched, and they will cautiously and bluntly make sure your DIS-cluded from getting treats, and burgers. It actually gets fun, you will become the one (diet Doctor) for INFO.. How are you doing it? What are you doing? Can I do it etc. Trust me, I am not the diet Doctor, but in their eyes I am, and I go with the flow, cause it’s pretty much a hoot, not to mention an ego booster.

I havebeen FAT, F-A-T, Obese my entire life. This is basically the first time I have ever expierienced anything like this. I am basking in the FUN, and I mean its F-U-N to have this feeling. You will get it also!!

Good for you for resolving to begin once again. This is ALL for you, and not for anyone else (except your Family and your longevity for life)

Keep us posted!!!

Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » December 17th, 2003, 2:06 pm

Thanks explorthis,

I meant to say "fell off the wagon" I just relized the typo...

I am defintely prepared now to defend my shakes at all costs. After the day at the mall I felt horrible (physically) just like Monday night. I am hungry right now on the shakes, but I fell great. It's a little difficult to concentrate, but that's because I eat when I'm nervous, bored, or working. I am really hoping the hunger/pshycilogical effects go away after a few days.

You are really an encouragement!!!

Return to The Weight Room