water, water everywhere

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

water, water everywhere

Postby Seaside » April 2nd, 2005, 6:37 am

The premise of drinking lots of water is one that I haven't yet gotten in tune with; I do drink a lot of diet soda and I love Crystal Light -- please tell me those are acceptable! I know water is best but I am a weenie.
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby raederle » April 2nd, 2005, 7:08 am

I sympathize, seaside, cuz I was Diet Pepsi addict for years. I would drink at least 64 ounces of diet soda a day! I hate to burst your bubble, but diet coke isn't acceptable as an alternative to water because it contains so much caffeine, which causes stalls for many people and is just plain awful for you; I suppose a caffeine-free soda would be better, but still not ideal. Crystal Light is okay if you just can't stand the taste of water, and many people here drink it and use the mix. But the important thing is to try and get yourself into a life-long habit of drinking healthy fluids.... so you realllly oughtta try to drink more plain water.

Why don't you start slowly? Have 20 ounces of water, 60 ounces of Crystal Light, and a diet coke or 2 as a "treat"? I and a few others here still drink diet soda but we limit them to a couple a day as "special" drinks-- gives us something to look forward to. Gradually increase the water so you're drinking more and more plain water every day. It will feel like you're drinking a lot, but that's okay-- you *do* need to drink a lot, probably more than you have on any other plan. But don't worry; we'll throw you a branch if you start floating away! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby Dean0408 » April 2nd, 2005, 8:09 am

I agree with you Seaside. To me........water is the most boring, hard to drink in quantity liquids there is. But, judging by all the people I see every day carrying a bottle of water around with them..........I must be in the minority.

At first I used Crystal Lite in my water, but it added calories (not a lot but some) to the water. After a day or so, I felt that a "Lemonade" flavored drink may not have the same "flushing and cleansing" results on my system as just plain pure water. So, now I am drinking my water in the correct amounts faithfully. (although I do make a face once in a while when I take a big slug of it.)

I can't stand the taste of tap water, so Heidi (my wife) and I always have cases of store bought water in the garage.

Try your best to switch to plain water as Rae suggested.............in the end, I think you will be glad you did.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thanks -- water, here I come!

Postby Seaside » April 2nd, 2005, 8:35 am

Thanks, Rae and Dean!

As you know, tap water here in FL is esp. awful, and the public water system just started adding a bunch of new chemicals to the water and they say it's ok for people to drink but watch out putting it in your aquarium. Now, if water is bad for a FISH (they live in water) how good could it be for people?

Instead, we pay extra and have Spring Water delivered to the house and it stays nice and cold in the dispenser -- ready to drink whenever I want. Which is not as often as I should! I like the idea of working my way up to drinking more water by reducing the diet sodas and (temporarily?) increasing the Crystal Lite sounds do-able. If drinking more water will help the pounds come off more easily, then I am motivated. 8)
Seaside

Postby dlr2424 » April 2nd, 2005, 8:36 am

Seaside....Rae & Dean gave you some great tips and the only thing I would add is maybe as a couple of your waters you could throw in Fruit2o or some other non-calorie flavored water...they really are a treat in comparison to regular......but just think .... :idea: ...if you were stranded in the desert what would your body be in desperate need of? ....and also not to be a downer as I loved my diet soda as well but I once read what benefits Diet Coke has as a cleaning agent... :o .....leave it in your toilet a few hours and see how the bowl sparkles....now... I have to wonder what it does to our insides?..... :scratch:

Have a great day
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.