Water Question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Water Question

Postby GucciGoo » July 27th, 2006, 11:11 am

I am SURE this has been asked before.

If I add 12 oz of water to my shakes instead of 8, does that count towards my water for the day? Can I count the extra 4 oz to my total?
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » July 27th, 2006, 11:38 am

I would say no. The point of the shakes with the water is its the means to get the nutrition in. For water, you really want it to be non-caloric liquid. SO, pure water is the standard, then you can count fluid (preferably after 64 oz water) from coffee, diet soda, etc. The key is that pure water cleanses, and all the other stuff doesn't cleanse as well. :D
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » July 31st, 2006, 12:49 pm

This question has been asked before and yes the extra water does count towards your overall daily water count. When your body metabolizes everything, it breaks it down into it's lowest form. Water is H20 and is always gonna be H20.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ChubNoMo » August 9th, 2006, 7:42 am

So, is there a set amount of water required by how much you weigh? I always drink TONS of water (pure water) and I don't worry about counting how many ounces. But I read somewhere that too MUCH water isn't good and can actually make you gain. Can't figure that one out. I always thought more water was a good thing....

Karin

Start: 3/6/06
ChubNoMo
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby GucciGoo » August 9th, 2006, 7:56 am

Arklahoma wrote:This question has been asked before and yes the extra water does count towards your overall daily water count. When your body metabolizes everything, it breaks it down into it's lowest form. Water is H20 and is always gonna be H20.

That is what I thought! Extra water is extra water! Thanks for the info!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » August 9th, 2006, 8:50 am

The maximum amount that you should drink should be half of your body weight in ounces.

For instance, if you weigh 300, you should drink no more than 150oz. of water per day.

I weigh 271 and I usually drink about 130 or so, so I'm right on the line.

This is a bigger deal in the 100's, because if you weigh 150, you should drink no more than 75oz. a day.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 9th, 2006, 11:56 am

WOW!! I never knew there was such a things as too much water. :shock:
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » August 9th, 2006, 12:32 pm

There is such a thing, but its kinda hard to get there. You do tend to wash out certain vitamins with too much, but in essence, too much won't happen to the typical person.
If you had like a gallon in less than an hour or so then it might be a problem, but we aren't talking that much that fast, we are having the water over a days time.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby alpha femme » August 9th, 2006, 1:54 pm

what i've learned is that when i get dizzy a lot, that generally means i've had too much water and my electrolytes are off.

so, if you are like me and get the light-headed, "hey, the room is spinning" syndrom, try easing up on the h2o.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » August 9th, 2006, 3:11 pm

Boy, I always thought water tasted so nasty that I hardly ever had any – truly, the only water I ever had was the amount that dripped on my toothbrush before I applied toothpaste each morning and the water in my daily cup of coffee!

When I started Medifasting, I was more worried about drinking the required 64 ounces of water than I was about temporarily setting aside some of my favorite foods! Seriously, before Medifast, I drank NO water and it was pure torture for me to do so….I am such a sick-o person!

You folks always come up with the most interesting topics and conversations. You are so wise and I admire you all for your interest and desire to do the right things to improve your health and to help one another through this journey.

Drinking water assists our body by removing the ‘ashes’ of fat burning (the by-products of fat metabolism). Of course, our heart and other muscles need lots of water/fluids for best functioning abilities, too,

Several years ago, we thought the best plan was to count the glasses of plain water separately from the water and liquids used for the shakes, coffee, tea, sugar-free pop, etc. to encourage people to be sure to drink plenty of fluids. Most people try to drink 64-96 ounces of water a day.
Depending upon the temperature/humidity of your hometown, the nature of one’s physical activity (sedentary people who sit at a desk will not lose as much moisture/perspiration as a person who works outdoors as a landscaper), medications (taking diuretics can cause people to lose a lot of water), height/body size, etc. these factors affect the amount of water we need.

It is possible to drink too much water (yup, it can make you feel dizzy and wonky!) but for the most part, we tend to err on the side of not getting enough water in. Headaches, constipation, etc. can be the result of not drinking enough water. Find the right balance for your personal needs and then slurp that water consistently!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss