Water question

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Water question

Postby Marci » January 6th, 2004, 9:53 pm

Just wondering if tea counts towards the 64 oz of water. I'm still waiting for my order to arrive which I'm sure will have info about that.

I've done Medifast with great success before and have been drinking shakes that have been sitting in the cupboard for a few years. I'm really excited about finding this site! When I finally got to my goal weight before the Doctor/Nurse that was working with me didn't help me with how to maintain the weight and, well . . . Here I am again :?
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

H20 requirements

Postby star85 » January 7th, 2004, 8:13 am

Hi Marci,
Welcome back! This is a great support board with alot of wonderful supportive people on it. Tea and boullion both count towards your minimum 64 oz. of daily water requirement. Good luck! By the way, how much weight did you lose the first time and how much would you like to lose now? Keep in touch.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 7th, 2004, 9:23 am

ooops....oh contrair....tea and bullion do not count towards your 64 oz of water...:)

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Oops

Postby star85 » January 7th, 2004, 9:43 am

OOps!
If that's true Tim, they better change the information that's in the book "Success In A Shaker Jar" that we can purchased (and I have) to help us with the plan! Also if you think about it real hot or cold tea or boullion Is Pure Water with flavor added. Just like if you add Crystal lite to 64 oz. of water and drink it, you are still getting your 64oz. of water in for the day as long as there is no calories, carbs or sugar added. I always get in all my water, not including my boullion or tea, but I think I'm going to stick with what the Registered nurse that wrote the "Success in a Shaker Jar " book wrote. It does make complete sense. Also the dieticians, M.D.'s and R.N.'s at Weight Watchers will tell you the same thing. Thanks for the info though.

Kelyn
star85

Postby explorthis » January 7th, 2004, 9:58 am

Unca_Tim wrote:ooops....oh contrair....tea and bullion do not count towards your 64 oz of water

star85 wrote:Also if you think about it real hot or cold tea or boullion Is Pure Water with flavor added. Just like if you add Crystal lite to 64 oz. of water and drink it, you are still getting your 64oz. of water in for the day as long as there is no calories, carbs or sugar added

Here comes Mr. Modified... I agree with both of you, but I am more in agreement w/Keyln. I rarely consume pure water at the 64oz. min rate. I drink boullion, flavored water, diet soda, crystal light, tang, all sugar free, all 0000 across the board. I know when my body is lacking the "liquid" it needs, cause I feel lathargic and have sore joints, this I know. When I drink the required liquid, what ever it is I feel fine. I know when I have drank enough, cause I have peeeeeeed at least 15 times that day!!!

Tim, honestly, if I had drank ONLY water... would I have lost any faster?
This is not a belittling question, but a legitimate one...

To each his/her own.... I drink, what I drink, as long as its 64oz.
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 7th, 2004, 10:23 am

I guess it's all in the interpretation.

From Success in a Shaker Jar:

"In addition to your water, you can also drink unlimited amounts of any non-caloric fluids."

The keywords i see there are "In Addition".

As long as your carpet is thread-bare on the way to the bathroom you're probably doing just fine...:)

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Marci » January 8th, 2004, 12:27 am

Thanks for the replies everyone! I am going with that the tea is okay as the required fluid intake. I think that if I added more water to what I am already drinking I wouldn't be able to work, drive, sleep, anything! I'm already peeing like a race horse as it is. Although I do know people who are drinking 100+ oz a day.

Kelyn, you asked how much I lost the first time. I've actually done this twice. Once in 1995 and lost about 30 ish pounds. That's when the clinic I was working with abandoned me, the nurse wouldn't return my calls, nothing! So when I reached my goal I was so afraid of eating that I starved myself for several months (couldn't get more shakes because she wouldn't return my phone calls) and then I went back to my old eating ways. The second time was a few years ago and I was 10 lbs. away from my goal when a friend, who I feel was jealous of me, pushed at me to go to the doctor. She thought I was sleeping too much and looked too pale, etc. So the Kaiser doctors told me that I needed to stop the 'D' word and I just quit. There were other stressful issues going on and I just gave up. Needless to say, when I stopped I was at 160 lbs and managed to get myself up to 263 lbs!! I lost about 30 on my own and then got stuck, so here I am.

I also found out today that the shakes that I do have on hand have expired by several months so I guess I will just have to be on my best behavior until Tuesday when my order is suppose to arrive.

Kelyn, it looks like we are the same size, height, weight, etc. maybe we could be buddies?
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » January 8th, 2004, 7:20 am

Marci wrote:Thanks for the replies everyone!

Kelyn, it looks like we are the same size, height, weight, etc. maybe we could be buddies?

uh... 'scuuuuze me, just because Kelyn is the same size as you, means we can't be buddies also? I need buddies as much as the next (girl) person.

Common, I am the voice of obnoxious-ity, I need friends also....... :cry:
explorthis

Hey Marci!

Postby star85 » January 8th, 2004, 10:06 am

You can never have too many buddies! Especially when it comes to weight loss support. You'll will find that there are alot of great buddies you will make on this support forum, Mike being one of them! What are your stats? Well I got to go, it's time for my next shake! Good luck and keep in touch!
Kelyn
star85

Re: Hey Marci!

Postby explorthis » January 8th, 2004, 10:47 am

star85 wrote:You can never have too many buddies!

What are your stats?

Stats? Me?

6'3-1/2 depending if I slouch or not... Picture John Goodman in stature, (me before starting) except I am damn good looking (laughing)

Started 9/8/03 122 days ago.
Began at 337
Now: 243
Goal: 220-230 (I don't know - somewhere in there)

Soon as Unca creates the link, I will post some before and after pictures....

-Mike
explorthis

Postby star85 » January 8th, 2004, 12:35 pm

Mike,
Unca must have read my mind today. I was just thinking this morning, how great it would be if we could post before and after pictures. When I just logged in now, I seen the new board! It will be so inspiring to see everybodies before and after pictures and to watch all their progress. It will also be nice to have faces to go with everyone's name, since we're always talking to each other through these message boards. Well gotta go!Bye...

Kelyn
star85

Postby Donna501 » January 8th, 2004, 5:03 pm

:water: Well I can tell you I have done the 64 oz of water a day, plus I have also had crystal light and maybe a soda all in the same day. Ummm loose faster Mike if you just drink water. Well Im not thinking so, it has not changed anything for me. Some days I have drank a diet coke, and I am done. I wanted nothing else. Then some days I think I have drank enough water to fill my pool. It did not make any changes in the scales. But if crystal lite and other stuff like could be used as part of the water intake a day, well that would be a blessing. I spend so much time trying to drink my water, and running to the bathroom, I dont have time to do anything else...

Donna
Started Oct 11,2003
235/190/160 or less :lol:
Donna501
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 10:50 pm

Donna,

Well, it looks to me as if you've finally found out the secret :secret: to Medifast's excellent weight loss plan: we burn a super abundance of calories from the increased exercise we get from running to the sandbox, pulling up and down our zipper, shimmying in and out of our fanny hose, panties, shorts, etc! Hah! :exercise:

Seriously, good ol’ water really is very important in helping to cleanse the bod of the burned up fat.

I hated water before Medifast. I rarely drank water- just when I brushed my fangs. When I first began Medifast I had to put a squeeze of lemon in my jug of water in order to get it down. I kept a tally sheet on my desk or on the counter to be sure that I slurped up all eight glasses of water. Unlike many people I meet, I am not what I would consider a pop person. I absolutely cannot stand diet pop so it wasn’t hard for me to cut back on pop.

I find that herbal teas – hot or cold with or without Splenda are helpful because they are soothing, filling and rather tasty. Have ya tried Passion Flower Tea before? Yumm!

Medifast is dehydrating so it is important to drink at least eight glasses of water per day. Now I find that I actually prefer water over other beverages. I always have a bottle of water by our bedside and take sips during the night. I never leave home without it: I have a bottle of water in my bookbag and carry a six pack in the trunk of our car!

Maybe I ought to buy shares of Dasani or Crystal Geyser…
:hi5:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss