WAS feeling overwhelmed...but I fixed it

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

WAS feeling overwhelmed...but I fixed it

Postby finalstraw » January 28th, 2004, 8:06 am

This morning I was talking on the phone to my sister (who had gastric bypass and lost 130+), anyway, I was talking about my goal of 150# and she reminded me that she is only down to 168# and 3" shorter than me and I think she looks great!

So, for those that notice, I have changed my final goal to 175 (I'm 5'8 ), then when I reach 175, I will worry about the last 20lbs or so then. It makes my goal a little closer (but still so far away). :(

No biggie, just thought someone might notice and wanted to give an explanation.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 28th, 2004, 8:56 am

Hey Steph:

I did sort of the same thing. According to all the charts I have read, a woman of 5'6" with a large fram should weigh between 140 and 159. I can't even begin to tell you when I weighed that little!

I set my goal at 180 because I feel I will look good at that weight. I want to still be curvy and soft, just not as big! Since I have not been 180 since I was a freshman in high school, we'll just have to see what happens!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Kimbob » January 28th, 2004, 8:58 am

Finalstraw - that is a VERY smart idea!

Realistic goals are so much wiser than unrealistic goals. I've been thinking of changing mine, too, and doing a re-evalutation when I reach that goal. There's no reason for me to be shooting for the weight I was before I got married and had children - frankly I was a little thin (wow, isn't that weird to say). If I shoot for such a difficult goal I may find myself discouraged. You and I are both tall girls, so I agree that our original goals may have been too low.

Thank you for that motivation!

Kimbob the Wising Up
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 28th, 2004, 9:49 am

You should feel it, when you start nearing your goal. You also have a whole (healthy) life to settle into what's comfortable for you.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room