I wanna QUIT already.

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I wanna QUIT already.

Postby muffin » February 1st, 2004, 11:37 am

Hi everyone. This is my first post, I actually started the plan on 1/27/04 so this is really my 6th day on it. Well, I just feel like giving up now and i've been doing good I guess. Scale says i've lost about 5 pounds and I can see a differance on my lower tummy when I have pants on. But I thought I would be feeling better by now. I have no energy,I'm tired,hungry,and very very bored. I've been reading all posts and some are very encouraging to me. I liked the thought of the plan being easy to follow and knowing what to do. So I bought 3 weeks worth. Now I don't know if i can take it anymore!? I soooo wanna go eat my favorite meal right now. I was in tears last night and some of today. My hubby to be gives me support when needed but it's not enough now. I need my mouth wired shut or something. Wouldn't just be easier to buy a treadmill and eat . Help! -Muffin.
muffin
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 1st, 2004, 12:05 pm

Try to hang in there, maybe focus on finishing the 3 weeks worth of shakes that you did buy.

Are you doing the modified or full fast.

I have finished up two weeks today and just yesterday thought about throwing in the towel, but today, down 3 lbs. It is a day to day struggle, my experience is that is does not get easier, you just get smaller.

Keep yourself busy! Go shopping, drink a diet soda, eat a pickle of one of the other allowable foods.

Go buy something a size smaller than what you wear now and try it own once a week, in no time it will fit.

Come here when you need motivation, it does help, it has kept me on the plan for 14 days now, I know that I would not still be on it if I did not come here. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby susan » February 1st, 2004, 2:46 pm

hang in there and don;t give up .and yes it does get easier it becomes a way of life.and just remember why you started in the first place you can stick to this.
Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby shineface » February 1st, 2004, 6:47 pm

hI --

Try to hang in there ---one day at a time -sometimes it takes one minute at a time --- for me it is a minute to minute thing -- and pounds are made up of ounces that took a long time to pile on and with Medifast now I have choices in front of me ... keep going --- we all need to support each other.
Take Care of YOU.

Pam
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Ellen » February 1st, 2004, 7:00 pm

Muffin,
Hang in there!! I really remember some hard times around a week to ten days into the program but they do pass. Just try to get through day by day.

Remember, most other diets you are doing well to lose a pound a week or so. So, it would have taken you five weeks to lose those five pounds. Plus, if you are like most of us, you have already tried other diets and not had much success. This is one plan that really does work if you stick to it.

I try never to think of the long term, only the short term. You can do anything for one hour right. So don't eat any non plan food for the next hour. Then, work on the next hour. When you get to the point that you can work on one day at a time, do it.

Just think, if you lose 5 pounds the first week (done right?? :) ) and then lose 3 pounds a week for the next two weeks, you'll have lost a total of 11 pounds before your supply of shakes runs out. 11 pounds is a heck of an accomplishment. That would take three months on the average pound-a-week diet.

It does get easier. In the meantime, take some extra naps, get out of the house and do some things. Go to bed early and next thing you know it will be the next day. Try some new flavors of diet soda. Make a snow-cone with crushed ice and sugar-free syrups. Pamper yourself a little but push through.

You Can Do This!!!

Hang in there,
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Kimbob » February 1st, 2004, 7:22 pm

The thing I've learned after a really bad week is that medifast is 90% mental. Our minds have to be determined - ready to make that change - insistant, even.

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time - and I really sympathise. The thing I'm focusing on now is the 30+ pounds I've already lost and how much of a difference it makes. I'm not willing to gain those back, I'm not even willing to stay at this current weight, and I have to be DARNED DETERMINED to stick with this even when it gets hard.

The results are so fantastic, I PROMISE.

Keep posting - we're all here for you.

Kimbob the Empathetic
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 2nd, 2004, 12:16 pm

Muffin,
Welcome to the forum. You'll find great support and info in here. You'll also occasionally hear some things you might not want to hear.

muffin wrote:Well, I just feel like giving up now and i've been doing good I guess.

You guess??? You're doing FANTASTIC!! Could you be 5 pounds lighter continuing to do what you used to do? Do you think people are just making up the fact that they're full of energy, feeling better mentally and physically after just a couple weeks on the program?

muffin wrote:I soooo wanna go eat my favorite meal right now.

Enjoy that meal with your new hubby on your wedding day at 105 pounds...

You're young with so many years ahead of you. Do you want to be fighting your weight your entire life? This is not going to go away unless you make some changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. It's really easy if you make it a priority in your life. Now is the time to address this. You have a choice now to make those years happy and healthy.

It's easy, if you make the decision to do it, but you have to make it a focus in your life. Medifast will get you to your goal, and with research, a few changes, and the help of all of us, you'll be able to maintain that goal.

muffin wrote:Wouldn't just be easier to buy a treadmill and eat .
Eat what? Do you have a plan? Let Medifast get you to your goal weight. Your new healthy body will be functioning completely different than it is now. Then you can learn how to properly feed it nutritious, regular meals to stay healthy.

Sorry if I'm a little harse on this one, but I want to see you succeed. I'd like to see healthy years ahead of you, rather than struggling with this the next 20 years, only having to deal with it again.

:)
Unca the concerned,
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Kimbob » February 2nd, 2004, 2:25 pm

Thanks for that post, Unca!

I love those plain, honest, no-holds-barred kind of messages - they really speak to all of us. Like I've said before, many of us (well, at least *ME*) have spent our whole lives trying to hide the truth from ourselves. If we continue with that pattern during our medifast journey we won't succeed! Now is the time to take the blinders off, realize where we're at, and take honest measures to move forward to a new, glorious, thinner us!

OK, I'm mostly talking about myself, but in the name of comeradery I'm hoping there are others like me out there :)

Thanks for the inspiration.

Kimbob the Humbled
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby HD » February 2nd, 2004, 3:50 pm

Quick, go to the post on R-e-s-o-l-v-e
Mike posted it and it's great! I know I needed it. I'm on day 9 so I'm new to the program to, please hang in there. We'll hang together :D
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Dont give up

Postby TamiLu :) » February 3rd, 2004, 1:38 pm

For those of us who are newbees to this program..and are struggling a little bit ( its my first day..and Im doing fine...hunger pangs coming round again..but its to be expected the first few days!..plus I got another feeding soon ;) ) but I really really really want to say a few things that may/may not help those of you who are struggling after just a few days/weeks:

INSANTIY IS REPEATING THE SAME PATTERNS AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS.....that is so true. think about it. How many times have you said "im going to watch my sugar/carb intake this week and walk 4 times for 20-30 mintues and start to loose some weight"?? then after a few days..you begin to slack off...eat a little of this and a little of that? where do you find yourself? right back at the FIRST monday...FIRST DAY OF THE MONTH..telling yourself..Ill start again and do it this time...COME ON....we have all done that!! where does that get us? fatter...from yo yo yo yoing!! :x this program is easy to follow...I beleive its going to work for me because it takes the guess work out of how I am going to do it....its simple. alot of people will ask me "arent you scared of gaining weight back"..my answer is..Ill cross that bridge when I come to it....I have SEEN people who have kept the weight off..its all a matter of YOU...changing your behaviors...my crazy way of thinking..."well I ate this and it was bad..may as well keep going and start again tommorrow".... :cry: :cry: :cry: DONT THAT TOO MANY TIMES!!
this is our answer folks....DONT GIVE UP!! try this: when you wake up in the mornings...try and envision putting on an outfit of your choice...see it...see yourself prancing around in what you would love to wear..feel it...feel what it would be like to look as you imagine..really SEE IT..and know that you can get there..and that can happen.
Minute by minute...day by day..week by week
it will happen.
you can DO ANYTHING FOR 24 hours....take it however you have to...minute by minute..hour by hour..day by day!
KEEP THAT VISION OF YOURSELF BURNED IN YOUR MIND
make it happen!!!!. :-P hang tough my Medifast friends!!
TamiL (sorry forgot to login!!!)
TamiLu :)

Hang in there Muffin!

Postby TamiL » February 3rd, 2004, 1:58 pm

Hello...jeeez, I remember to log in this time!! :)

Muffin..November is a good 9.75 months away...at least before your last fitting for your wedding dress!! you can do this!! you and I arent far off in weight..I am 5'4 and weighed in this morning as a 185 pounds (theres just something about this number that is wrong once you have gotten a taste of being 130 pounds or so!!..im sure you can relate)

we both want to loose 50 pounds or more....its it possible before your wedding? yes it is!! dont give up..dont let your mind play those little tricks on you by telling you that you can go back to eating the way you know..and youll just work out a bit...IM tired of listening to the little evil food hog in my brain..telling me this and that.... :x he wont get me this time!!

Envision yourself in the dress of your dreams...being at your goal weight..and when your freaked out about wanting to eat your old favorite foods...let that vision take over..put on some good music..dance around a little bit...do what it takes to let that feeling pass!!

we can do this!! lets track our progress together!! today is day #1 for me. Im only weighing in once a week..cuz I know myself too well to be freaky when it comes to numbers!! on week 3-4 I plan on going back to my walking routine...3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes..and light weights to tone me muscles!! ;) I am a firm beleiver that if you work out while loosing weight..that it does not come back on to haunt you!!

8) so hang tuff Muffin....youll be a beautiful bride no matter what you weigh..but youll be glowing if your happy with yourself..and dont give up!!

TamiL :D
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 3rd, 2004, 2:11 pm

I think TamiL stole my motivation today. You go girl, I will just hang on to your coat tails today.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby star85 » February 3rd, 2004, 6:38 pm

TamiL,
I enjoyed reading your posts very much. They were very motivational. Thanks and good luck. Keep posting.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby TamiL » February 3rd, 2004, 7:49 pm

javascript:emoticon(':angel:') we all need motivation...god knows in the next few days when things get a little harder on me...Ill be coming to this forum alot!! javascript:emoticon(':puter:') Ill turn into a computer geek!!

goodnight all!!javascript:emoticon(':snooze:')
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Unca, your the man!

Postby HD » February 3rd, 2004, 8:45 pm

Muffin,
You got Unca worried and he really says it all. He's watching out for ya. I just wanted to add to keep checking the forum because soon it will be your happy zone.
Thanks Unca "Now is the time" I like that!
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room