Wanna weigh

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Wanna weigh

Postby LeeannNH » May 5th, 2005, 10:58 am

hi everyone

i am on my 4th day--yee haw :D and i really am fighting the urge to weigh myself. i am supposed to wait until tomorrow to weigh in with my doctor so we can discuss my loss or my staying the same (i have to weigh in 2 times a week). i am an emotional, compulsive overeater and i react badly to the numbers-- :( i know it sounds totally goofy. anyway, i was wondering if anyone else had this kind of reaction. i view my weight as safety and comfort and when i have lost in the past i end up eating as a nervous reaction. so now after writing this i will NOT weigh myself.... anyway, i just needed to vent--thanks for reading and i hope everyone is having a fab day!!!!!!

shakin and not weighin
leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » May 5th, 2005, 12:31 pm

Leeann.........I use to like going to the dentist........cause they never weighed you there..... :D ......when I would go to my doctor I would tell the nurse I could not get on the scale as the numbers messed with my mind and caused me great anxiety and I didn't need to be treated for an additional symptom..... :no: ....that worked for sometime until the doctor asked me nicely to be weighed........ :shock: ......so for the past year I would hop on the scale backwards and ask them not to tell me...... :hmmm: .......they must have been thinking this is the behavior of a 4 or 5 year old........not a 45 year old...........however this forum has helped me to realize that number is what it is..........it's a number......nothing more.....how I allow that number to control me is another thing......
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 5th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Excellent response, Donna. There is not much that I can add, Lee Ann. Just don't allow the scale to change the wonderful attitude you have about losing the weight. You have to look at it differently, like Donna said, it is only a number. That number does not represent the person you are.

Hang in there, you are doing great.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » May 5th, 2005, 5:51 pm

Hi Leeann, I definitely reactly badly when the scale is going up. It is very depressing and I don't like to see it. Since starting MF over 3 weeks ago (I'm on the 5&1 plan) I decided that I would only weigh once a week. It IS hard to do, but it keeps my mind off the weight.

This is what I had to tell myself. I am doing this to get healthy and break some unhealthy habits. I know the scale counts, but I do not need the constant reassurance that it is going down, and I refuse to count every single .5 lb ... it only makes me crazy.

I have been doing this for over 3 weeks and I think I have broken my "rule" about weighing 1 time a week once.

Good luck, hang in there, it will go down, reassure yourself that you are doing this for more than what the scale says.

Sheila
3 weeks = –13lbs
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 5th, 2005, 7:11 pm

thank you guys so much for your words of wisdom!

its nice to know that i am not alone. i have been feeling so POSITIVE about this whole journey and i REFUSE to let the scale deter me. i will hang in there and will stay focused.

you guys are AWESOME

hugs
leeann

:bounce:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby doglover » May 5th, 2005, 11:50 pm

Hey LeeAnn. I HAD to weigh myself on Day 4! I wanted to know what those first 3 days did for me and luckily I had lost 5 lbs (water weight). But it was encouraging to me to keep going. Since then I've had no trouble only weighing 1 time/week until this last week. I am so close to goal and so close to that 30 lb club that I've been on every day! It is obnoxious! I've seen my weight go up and down 1 lb every day (Aunt Flo was visiting too!) and then this morning - wham - down finally!

So I hear ya on the scale issue. The closer I get to goal the harder to only get on once/week!
Donna
Last edited by doglover on May 6th, 2005, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 6th, 2005, 4:49 am

hi donna

i hear ya, i cant imagine what it will feel like being that close to goal. congrats to you!!!! you must feel amazing :mrgreen:

i have to lose 100# which is crazy so now im looking at 20# as my short term goal. i am getting weighed today at my doctor's office, so i will see how things are going. i am trying to be realistic as today is only day 5. ;)

i do feel SO much better after those first 3 days (i can see why you weighed yourself, i think that is why my urge was so STRONG), it is a real commitment booster to look back at those days and realize what you have pulled yourself through

thanks again for your insight

leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby armeewyf » May 6th, 2005, 5:20 am

I have the same scale anxiety... anxious to get on the scale but afraid of the number. If I have lost, of course I am ecstatic...if no loss or a gain I will obsess all day about what I did wrong. I weigh once a week on this diet, which is hard for me. I keep my scale in the closet! Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 6th, 2005, 10:14 am

hey lee ann

thats an awesome idea! im gonna do that right now!!!!!

have a great weekend

:bounce:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Return to Come on in.