Update from falisamarie

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Update from falisamarie

Postby getting2goal » August 9th, 2007, 9:28 am

Most of you probably don't know me but I did Medifast for about 7 months last year and lost about 100 lbs. My username then was falisamarie. I came off Medifast when my family moved from FL to TN and all the weight and thensome came pouring back on. Even my Dr could not figure out why I was regaining the weight so quickly. I had many battles with kidney stones during the course of last year and was waiting to restart till they got that all cleared up. I had a series of tests run and they found out that I had a condition called hyperparathyroidism which basically meant that my parathyroid was putting out too much calcium which was causing my kidney stones to form. I had surgery in mid July to have my parathyroid removed and was very excited to think that I would be able to begin Medifast again in August. However, when I went back for my follow up appointment I was told that I have thyroid cancer and that I would not be able to go on any calorie restrictive diet at this time. Anyway to sum it all up the thyroid cancer is why I regained all my weight. I wanted to post this so that anyone who may be a newbie and worry that you could gain your weight right back that is not so. There are many wonderful women on here such as Serendipity and Dogma who have reached their goal and are maintaining.

Medifast is the fastest and safest thing out there for weight loss and when I am done with my cancer treatment it is my intent to go back to Medifast fullforce and lose all my weight and maintain a healthy new weight and lifestyle.

I want to thank all of you on here who inspire me. This is truly the most wonderful group of people around and to Jan (the best HA around) and Nancy I really want to thank you for your encouragement.

I will keep reading and posting when I can. For those of you who believe in prayer please pray for me.
getting2goal
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » August 9th, 2007, 9:32 am

Oh, I'm so glad you posted. I was actually just wondering about you the other day (I swear it's true - kinda weird, huh?). I'm glad you're doing OK but I'm so sorry about the diagnosis. Take care and stay in touch. I'll be sending happy thoughts your way!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » August 9th, 2007, 9:34 am

(((((((((((((((((((((((FALISAMARIE!!!!!))))))))))))))))))))

Hi, sweetie!!! Of COURSE we remember you!!! And miss you!!! Thank you so much for the update. I wish there was something more tangible I can do from here, but you bet Mike and I will pray constantly for you -- and I'll let Dayna know, too. And, yes, aren't Jan and Nancy incredible??

I do hope you'll keep us posted. You are a cherished member of this forum.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Serendipity » August 9th, 2007, 11:06 am

Lisa, It's odd, but I was just thinking about you this morning....wondering how you are. We had some fun times last year and I was thinking of the times we had our yahoo chats.

I'm sorry about your difficulties. I will pray for you. Why not stick around the forum while you're going through whatever treatment that's in store so that we can be there for ya?

hugs
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tawanda » August 9th, 2007, 12:04 pm

Sending you my best!!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » August 9th, 2007, 12:22 pm

Hi Lisa,
Thank you soooo much for your and Diana's most kind words !! I appreciate them soo much. :D All I can say is I do the best job I can to help others -- that's what it's all about :mrgreen: I consisder myself soo fortunate to have Nancy as one of my best friends . She helps me soo much so that I can in turn help others get healthy!!
Ok now to you... I am soooo HAPPY to see you posting here!!! I know the members of the forum will be a wonderful support system for you. And of course I'll be calling you to visit. If I call and you aren't able to talk .. just let me know .. I'll understand!!. Nancy and I will certainly be praying for you. I expect a speedy recovery for you Lisa... and then we'll have you right back shaking it up. Your journey has been a bit 'bumpy' but smoother roads are ahead!!
You're in my prayers
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 9th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Lisa,
I'm so glad you checked in. I was thinking about you! I'm sorry this is happening to you, but so glad you know what it is now.

Sending all the positive juju I can muster to you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » August 10th, 2007, 10:10 pm

Dear Falisamarie ~

Oh, if we had known what troubles you were facing, we would have sent out the :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: Meditroops to gather around you!

Your journey has been one of sacrifice and sorrow and our hearts are linked to yours. You are always welcome in this place and we pray that your burdens will be lifted and your body healed.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace… that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Spirit,

xxxooo nancy, terry and unca tim
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby smartipantz » August 18th, 2007, 11:01 am

Soooooooooooo good to hear from you hun!!! Hope all is well and you are on your way to feeling better!! I'm so sorry about all the struggles along the way but I admire the strong person you are.

Looking forward to catching up with you and seeing you on the board :)

Smiles,

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room