Two day in and feeling WOOZY

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Two day in and feeling WOOZY

Postby ChristinefromWI » April 13th, 2005, 12:56 pm

Im glad to see there are a lot of other new people who are starting!

Hi Ladies!

I am so excited to see this board! I would like to tell you a little about myself. I am a mother of a 5 month old and I weigh over 340 lbs. I put on the 200 lbs over the past five years and I am miserable. I am now motivated to lose weight because I want to be able to keep up with my son. Right now my husband is doing a lot of the work that I physically cannot so I feel really guilty.

I am looking for support from other mommies who have at least 100 pounds to lose as well. I would love someone to share this experience with. I am on day #2.

Thanks for reading!

Christine

This is my son Jackson
ChristinefromWI
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 13th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Christine-

Your son is beautiful. You should be very proud.

I started with 151 pounds to lose. I have 134 to go. I am a mommy of a beautiful young lady.

You can do this. At first I was stuck on the amount I had to lose. But it was suggested to me by someone to set mini goals. I now look at 15 pound mini-goals. When I hit 15 pounds, we went out to dinner. Yes, I still ate a chicken breast and broccoli but someone else had to cook it, not me. I haven't decided what my reward will be for the next 15 but I'm sure it will be great (maybe new jeans or another meal free of having to prepare).

Just be proud of yourself for starting the program. We can do this.

If you want to PM me you can.
Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 13th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Christine.....WELCOME!!! and Congratulations for taking the first step toward a healthier you... :thumbup: ....don't focus on the 200 lbs as that may overwhelm you....just take one day....one shake.... :guzzle: ..at a time....no doubt there will be difficult times.... :x ...but the rewards will far outweigh the challenges.... :yes: ...this is your chance to become a healthier you.....YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!..... :hug: .....there is so much in life to enjoy....it's strange how our minds focused our enjoyment and comfort in overindulging...when in reality that enjoyment lasted merely minutes only to be followed by too many negative emotions to describe....stick to this forum like glue...the support you will recieve will be priceless.....there are many here that have more than 100 to lose and many that have already lost 100+..you'll meet them all.... :D ..keep strong and keep shakin....we will all be cheering you on to a thinner & happier you.... :cheerleader:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby dlr2424 » April 13th, 2005, 1:48 pm

Christine..........Jackson is beautiful!!!...May God watch over him and bless him always..... :angel: ...
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby doglover » April 13th, 2005, 2:09 pm

Hey Christine! What a beautiful baby and inspiration to take control of your life! Welcome to the boards - you have made the first big step! This is the place to make it happen!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 13th, 2005, 2:21 pm

Guys, I am not kidding...I can't find the baby!!! I need to change my contacts but I just see lots of colors...like a patchwork..I can't find the little one!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby kassilou » April 13th, 2005, 3:16 pm

Christine~
You have come to the right place if you are serious about losing weight. There is a lot of support here, and the program itself is great. I have 2 kidlets, 10 and 4, and I, too, have a long way to go, as you can see from my ticker.. I just focus on getting my meals and water in each day (I keep a checklist on my fridge), and consider each 10# a milestone (Unca Tim changes the "# clubs" under our names).

Give yourself a few days to adjust. Some folks get headaches, but these do go away. Have an extra shake if you are really hungry...it's better than eating something you shouldn't have!

Good luck!
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 13th, 2005, 5:49 pm

Welcome to you Christine! What a beautiful baby!! You must be so proud. Just think of how proud he will be as he grows up and his mommy can run around and play tag with him, take him to baseball games, play with him at the park, swing him on the swingsets!!! You have so many reasons to do this program -- every time you look at him think of them.

This program works -- as everyone has said before me, take it a step at a time, a day at a time, a shake at a time when you have to. Just stay with the program ... do it for yourself; and think of what you will be giving to your son.

Make sure to come in on Sunday's and do the Sunday morning roll call -- it helps to motivate you (and sometimes keep you accountable)!!

Great to have you!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Thank you for the Warm Welcome!

Postby ChristinefromWI » April 13th, 2005, 7:43 pm

Thank you for for your replies. To be honest I feel as weak as a colt and I sooo hungry! I am glad that this wont last forever! What area of board do people post on daily basis? This is VERY helpful :-P

Christine
ChristinefromWI

Postby doglover » April 14th, 2005, 5:05 am

Hey Christine! Have you had any bouillon or fast soups yet. Please have one if you have not. I spent the first week getting weaker and weaker and finally found this board and got some bouillon and wa-la - instantly better! You could be dehydrating and all the water in the world won't help. you need sodium. Please try that asap. If you ahve had that and still weak call Nancy or your HA. You should not be feeling terribly bad. The first 3 days are rough, but not that terrible!

Hope that helps! You can post anywhere daily, even keep this thread to use. The new posts show up in orange (on my screen at least) so everyone will know there's a new msg in that thread!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Which soups do you like?

Postby ChristinefromWI » April 14th, 2005, 9:49 am

Just wondering what soups are good?
ChristinefromWI

Postby scrabbler7 » April 14th, 2005, 11:09 am

I love the Chicken with Wild Rice; my second favorite is the Chicken noodle. I don't like the creamy chicken soup by itself but I do use it to make creamed spinach. Haven't tried the minestrone -- since I don't like regular minestrone soup.

Many here use the fast soups -- I haven't needed them -- I just use some bouillion.

But I'm sure you will get 13 other responses with different variations on their favs .... you can always find someone in here who loves a product and another person who thinks it's a total yuck!

My advice ... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS order a sample packet and try it out first. Nothing worse than ordering 3 boxes of something only to find out ya don't like it. then you have to force yourself to eat it, or find someone to trade with.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 14th, 2005, 11:10 am

Hi Christine, sorry I hadn't welcomed you yet. WELCOME! We are so glad to have you with us.

Donna (D) is right. The boullion is a big help. I have been having some for the past couple of nights about an hour before I go to bed and I have been feeling much better.

This forum is great. It is so informative, so inspiring, and so funny to read.

Again Welcome! :yeah:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.