Top 10 Reasons to love RTD's?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Top 10 Reasons to love RTD's?

Postby Janae » June 14th, 2006, 9:19 am

I am getting ready to order and have been on the Diabetic Shakes. I want to try the RTD's and was going to order one of each flavor to try. However, I would order a case of them if I had answers to a few hesitations.....

I read that they are actually a different formula "base".... does it affect the taste as compared to the shake powder?

I like my shakes lighter and more liquid, rather than thick and icy. Are the RTD's thick?

I also add at least 16 oz of water to a shake....could I pour the RTD into a larger glass and add cold water to if it is too "thick" for me?

The cost is a little more, but the convenience seems worth it...especially for "on-the-go" days.

OK....I know I need to just try them- and I will! But, some of you seem to just love them and I hope you will share your reasons with me. Also, have any of you been on the diabetic shakes and changed to RTD's? Have you noticed anything different: effect to blood sugar, etc.???

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Janae
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby electra000 » June 14th, 2006, 9:27 am

Hi, I have only had one powdered vanilla shake so far and I can say that I like the rtds much better. The rtds are not thick to me, just creamier. I love both flavors, chocolate and vanilla. They are more convienient for me at work. I ordered the powdered 55 shakes to try in the magic bullet so that I could bulk them up with ice so that they would be more filling. The only difference to me is the creaminess, and the size and convienence. I think you will like them ! :thumbup:
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » June 15th, 2006, 9:14 am

To me, the regular shakes are gritty. The RTD's are creamier but not thicker. You do get less volume than the others but I just drink a bottle of water along with the RTD. Convenience is a huge factor for me.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Linda » June 15th, 2006, 9:39 am

Janae, I didn't see your post yesterday, but will try to help you now. I like my diabetic shakes the same way as you and also dilute them with more water. I actually prefer the powder over the RTD, but use the RTD for convenience when necessary. Yes, the RTD is a creamier consistency, but the flavor is definitely different and not one I prefer when I have a choice.

Edited to add: I only use the chocolate RTD, don't care at all for the vanilla one.
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Return to Weight Loss