too many carbs!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

too many carbs!

Postby tj1988 » December 30th, 2004, 8:53 pm

I started Medifast yesterday and so far am loving it...unfortunately tonight I didn't realize that I made an error until I was reading along in the forum....I thought I was doing quite well tonight, using my fat free salad dressing on my green salad along with my 4 oz of chicken.....I just went down to the fridge to check the carbs on my dressing and it has 11 grams per serving.........ugh.....does this mean another three days before ketosis?
tj1988

Postby Nancy » December 30th, 2004, 11:13 pm

Welcome, tj1988 ~

:wave: First of all, welcome!

:shock: Nope, it doesn't mean you are :bricks: doomed to 3 more days of growly tummy...

You’ve just learned a very good lesson: read all labels BEFORE you scarf. ;)

Medifast has some very good dressings that you mix with water, vinegar and you may add a snort of canola oil.

Medifast Flaves: Ranch, Honey Dijon, Caesar, Creamy Italian

Many foods labeled ‘Fat Free’ are not necessarily low cal, low carb.

An example from our very own MakeMeThinner cottage refer:

Terry’s Fave (I do not ever eat this - Blechy! way too sweet, just not quite low enough for my likes and it would not be good for weight loss. Terry's on maintenance):

Kraft FREE Catalina 2 Tablespoons = 50 Cal 11 Carbs 7 Sugar 0 Protein

Paula’s No-Fat Dressing Honey & Mustard 2 Tablespoons = 20 Cal 5 Carbs 5 Sugars 0 Protein

Nancy’s Faves:
Bernstein’s Fat Free Cheese & Garlic Italian 2 Tablespoons = 10 Cal 2 Carbs 1 Sugar 0 Protein
Kraft FREE Zesty Italian 2 Tablespoons = 15 Cal 3 Carbs 2 Sugars 0 Protein

Medifast Ranch Dressing made with no oil = 15 Cal 3 Carbs 2 Sugars 1 Protein (when made with canola oil, it has 45 calories)

BTW, you may have 5 ounces of lean meat (if you are male, you may have 6-7 ounces)

Slurp LOTS of water and read those labels, Kids!
:chef:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby tj1988 » December 31st, 2004, 9:13 am

:D Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the tips!! I ordered some of the Medifast dressings and look forward to trying them soon!! Happy New Year!!
tj1988

Return to Weight Loss