Tomorrow's the big day

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Tomorrow's the big day

Postby luna » November 4th, 2004, 10:52 pm

I spent today cleaning out my kitchen and preparing to start tomorrow. There's nothing in my fridge now except a few condiments (ketchup and mustard), some sugar-free jello, and a jar of pickles :lol:

I bought a new blender that has the cutest "blend and go" attachment thing that lets you blend directly in the cup then take it with you. Very cool!

I've also stocked up on chicken and beef bouillon, just in case!

My new scale came today, so I officially know how much I have to lose.

Yikes. I hate to even admit it, but I weigh 383.8 lbs. A loooong way to go.

But I can do it. I'm past the nerves and on to excited.

Btw, I'm not sure I'm posting in the right thread, since I've already introduced myself. But this wasn't exactly a "weight room" kind of post. Is there a general forum where people can talk with each other about the daily ups and downs of being on the program?
luna

Exciting!!

Postby gr8views » November 5th, 2004, 6:25 am

Day one...

How exciting for you! Sounds like you are prepared to start.

I'm one day behind you. I'll start tomorrow. (Going out to dinner with friends tonight so waiting one more day...)

Keep in touch!

Diane
Start Date: November 6, 2004

246/233/146??

Good choices = Progress!!
gr8views
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 5th, 2004, 11:02 am

Hi Luna!

Happy to hear you've moved from fear to excitement. Yes, the road is long, but time flies! Doing something this positive for yourself makes you feel SOOOOOO GOOD!!!

As to your question, most of us post our ups and downs in the Weight Room section. Heck, I think we're just so happy to have fellow MFers sharing that we don't care where they put it!

BTW, I like your name. I have always had a fascination with the moon. Probably because my Grandmother was a ranch woman following a lot of the old farmer's almanac instructions on doing things like pruning to promote or retard growth, fertilizing, etc. according to the phases of the moon. I do lots of things according to the cycle of the moon too but being a modern woman, it's stuff like cutting my hair, having get togethers, etc. As a matter of fact, I purposely started MF on the full moon. :huh:

Your luney MF Pal, :shock:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JuliaMejia » November 5th, 2004, 1:54 pm

Luna and gr8views,

I started yesterday on Thursday the 4th. I am dizzy, having diarrhea, and a headache. I know it's my body adjusting to low carb/low cal and I know I'll feel better tomorrow or Sunday. Wow I did lose three pounds since yesterday though, probably excess water weight. I am excited to step on the scale next thursday morning to see my first weeks total.

In the willpower department - I feel stronger starting out than when I normally start a diet. My little sis (15) is also dieting and we are gonna be diet buddies though we are doing a different plan. That helps. I have 4 kids and a hubby - so I am still required to cook and have real food in my house! That is the hard part for me...

I wrote myself up a list of all the reasons I can not cheat or give up, when I feel like I want to - I will read this, have a medifast bar or supplement if I am hungry, and maybe stand in front of the mirror naked if I still am feeling weak! I will tell myself on those days that the scale does not go down to hang in there and not to see it as a failure, remembering all those reasons why I started.

Luna may I recommend that if the flavors are bland you can add strawberry, banana, mint, nut...extract and splenda! YUM, I invested in some extract last night and some sugarfree tang for the orange delight. I love it. It's almost like drinking OJ in the morning without all the sugar.

Good luck girls and hang in there - I am on yahoo on the days I don't work and can chat with anyone who needs a pep talk!!!
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia

Postby Nancy » November 5th, 2004, 7:30 pm

Julia ~

It sounds to me as though you have been really busy this week getting everything ready mentally as well as physically for your weight loss success. We will look forward to reading your posts and watching your numbers going down, right along with Luna and Gr8views.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby luna » November 5th, 2004, 10:14 pm

Well I made it through Day 1 with no real problems.

Never really got too hungry today, but I did get REALLY tired mid-afternoon. I fell asleep around 4p and slept until 8p! Unfortunately that means I missed one of my meals, so I had the Chicken Noodle soup for dinner followed immediately by my 3rd shake of the day.

Only 5 meals today for a total of 481 calories. I hope I won't regret that tomorrow, but for today, I'm not too hungry. I've had 65 oz of water so far and I'm working on another 30 oz that I should finish before bed.

Julie, I'm so sorry you're having problems with headaches and diarrhea. I know it will get better for you in a few days; just hang in and keep reminding yourself why you're doing it. (You can tell me that tomorrow when I'm feeling awful ;) )

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

--Cissy
luna

Postby Nancy » November 6th, 2004, 8:49 am

Luna,

If you are on the complete program, be sure you are under a physician's care.

We suggest that you ave SIX or SEVEN products not five. You may feel puny if you don't get enough Medigrub.

Like you, I was tired the first few days - it must have been from all the exercise I got from running to the sandbox every 20 minutes! ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby luna » November 6th, 2004, 9:08 am

Nancy,

I saw my doctor before beginning the program. She did the necessary bloodwork and ok'd me for starting Medifast. (I did find out I have an underactive thyroid, so she started me on synthroid -- but from what I've read that shouldn't interfere with Medifast).

When you say "under a doctor's care" how often are you talking about seeing one? My doctor told me to come back in a month or two for followup. Should I see her more often if I'm going to be doing the complete program?

Thanks,
Luna
luna

Postby Nancy » November 6th, 2004, 11:13 am

Nope, you are doing all the right things. Just see your doc as often as she wants.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JuliaMejia » November 6th, 2004, 4:30 pm

HI Guys & Girls,

Just woke up after working a 12 hour shift last night. I will be working all weekend which is usually good as a fat buster. I'm on my feet probably 70% of the night. I get on the scale and it says 245. I was 253 on Thursday morning. Now I know this is water weight for the most part - but hey I'm happy! Talk to you all later - and don't give up!

JuliaMejia

Postby Nancy » November 6th, 2004, 6:29 pm

Wowser! Amazing! It is NOT ALL water weight - half of it was flab!
Good bye '50's, hello 40's!

You are on your weigh!

:yes:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby JuliaMejia » November 9th, 2004, 11:18 am

Hi Luna, Gr8Views, Nancy, and all,

How's it going girls - I hope you are all feeling good about medifast and have been doing good in the willpower department.

I have officially lost 10 pounds since last Thursday - I know it will slow down now, but I am feeling pretty good - I have definetely noticed I lose more when I drink a lotta water! I did eat some chicken breast in my medifast soup last night because I felt like I had to eat - and that would be allowed on the 5 & 1. I am not going to eat on most days - just when I feel very weak and like I wanna cheat! It totally helped me to not pick up the egg and cheese burrito I made for my daughter! This morning I had medifast oatmeal and lily had regular oatmeal - that was cool and it's funny her bowl was fuller than mine! I will follow it up with a huge glass of H20. I think I have more willpower than my 9 day run a few months ago and I am feeling fine now - a little dizzy if I wait too long between shakes. My body lets me know what I need.

I am excited to hear from you other girls - keep us updated!

Good Luck - Julia

JuliaMejia

Tomorrow's the big day

Postby dominiquej » November 9th, 2004, 7:14 pm

What type of blender "blend and go" did you buy. How is it working for you?

<note>Ticker allowed ONLY in signature - UT</note>
"By the yard life is hard; by the inch its a sinch..."
dominiquej
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » November 10th, 2004, 12:49 am

Julia ~

I am happy to hear about the way you and your daughter started off your day with a nice serving of oatmeal. :-) :eat: That's neat that you are teaching her the importance of heathy living by not :yippee: skipping breakfast. Good for you!

If you feel hunger, be sure to have another shake or have some bouillon. The Medifast Fast Soup is good as a pick-me-up. You work very hard at the hospital when you are on duty. Medifast 70 would be advised.

I did eat some chicken breast in my medifast soup last night

Uh, oh! :shock: I don't know how much chicken you had in your Medifast soup but I just wanted you and others to know the importance of not combining meals.

One comment: When we are on the weight loss program, we are learning to eat frequently: every three hours; and to eat smaller portion sizes.

For weight maintenance we will have to continue to eat appropriate sized meals every three hours. Of course we will be more :weightlift: active when we reach our goal weight and we will be able to have some of the goodies we are temporarly foregoing right now but we will still need to control our portion sizes. We are in the learning phase as we are losing weight.

We do not combine Medifast meals with regular food meals during the weight loss program. ;)

dominiquej ~

Welcome!! I :heart: LOVE your weight loss meter. Hmmm...wish I had a flabometer when I was in my gaining stages of life, it may have helped to keep me on the straight and narrow/thinner!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Synthroid - I also was asked by my Doc to take it !

Postby NE gal in South » November 10th, 2004, 10:03 am

When I had my last visit with him he implored me to take it. I tried it once before about 4 years ago and then stopped and flushed it down the china basin. I really don't like taking any drugs. I got the prescription and read the drug interactions, etc. thoroughly. If I understood it properly, it said that soy, (which is in our Medifast products) could effect the absorption of the Synthroid in ones system. Therefore, Synthroid should be taken 3 hours after last soy meal. So I take mine at approximately 2 - 3 am when I wake up for wee-wee. I have noticed that I am not as tired as I was, but it has caused me to loose some of my hair.

Keep Shaking you can do it.

Now down 90 lbs. in 22 weeks and still shaking!!! 40 lbs to goal. :D
cmc
NE gal in South
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.