TODAY IS A ROUGH ONE !

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

TODAY IS A ROUGH ONE !

Postby sweeshelby30 » February 16th, 2005, 5:56 pm

TODAY IS HARD FOR ME BECAUSE MY FAMILY IS NOT SUPPORTIVE TO ME . AND AT WORK I AM TRYING TO REALLY TRY HARD TO SUCCEED AT THIS BUT ITS HARD BECAUSE AS A POLICE OFFICER I AM SURROUNDED BY FAST FOOD, COFFEE ETC. I WANT TO REALLY BE A SUCCESS THIS SUMMER JUST SO I COULD FEEL GOOD ABOUT MY SELF AND BE AN ACTIVE MOM.
IS ANYONE ELSE FACED WITH ANY DIFFICULTIES? :roll:
sweeshelby30

Postby scrabbler7 » February 16th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Hi Shelby -- I'm sure everyone is going to be around to give you their input on this one. We ALL face difficulties. What we are doing is a difficult thing. And every day that we stick with it - we better ourselves.

If you read through some of the postings today even, people talking about how difficult it is in their office. Co-workers forcing them to SMELL their food - others pushing choc covered strawberries at them. Talk about difficult!

But isn't it difficult being overweight? Pain in your knees and ankles, uncomfortable in your clothes, or worse, none of your clothes fitting. Trying to squeeze into airplane seats or student desks, pretty darn difficult. Walking up a flight of steps -- sometimes not only difficult; but impossible.

So when you are feeling this is WAAAAAAAAAAY too difficult to do -- just remember how difficult it will be if you don't do it.

Hang in there -- we all have good days and bad days. You'll get past this and think of what good you are doing for your health!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 16th, 2005, 7:05 pm

Hi Sweeshelby,

I JUST wrote a reply to Doglover about how today was really kicking my patootie. Some days are harder than others and I will repeat what my hubby had told me. "you can go through a little bit of pain now and reach your goal or you can eat and be happy and not succeed" I think we all try to look at the future and say I am gonna lose all my weight supper fast and then when we don't see the scale move we sabatoge ourselves by saying is this really worth it. Like Nancy said all that food will still be there when we reach our goals but if we sacumb to eating it today our goals will end up being even harder to reach. You want to be a sexy little police officer don't cha so stay away from all the crap those fella's our bringing in and you will be one day closer to victory. If your family isn't that encourageing just remind them of how much more active you will be when you lose some weight. Do it for yourself and your kido.

Good luck ;)
Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

I FEEL YOUR PAIN, SISTA!

Postby THINKTHIN » February 17th, 2005, 5:32 pm

Hello, Shelby! I am in your shoes to almost the "T". I am active duty in the Navy and I am surrounded by food 24/7. I am a cook!!! (YIKES)! I had (have) a very difficult time at work. More so their than at home. I am the Galley (kitchen) Captain, so I must make sure the food is edible :mrgreen: Everyday is a challenge for me. I have managed to get by with sampling the food and discretley emptying (sp) it in a napkin as I pretend to cough! Isn't that clever? I just thought of that the other day. That way, I will not get reprimanded for gross food put on the line. My Chief would have a fit if I didn't taste test. So, one big obstacle out the way. The other is having it all around me... Today for example, we had roasted pork loin, southern fried chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans and creamed corn. I was absolutely tempted to snatch a chicken wing take it to the back and scarf it down... My mind was saying, "do it! do it fast" So, I excused myself from the situation and went into an office room, drank a big glass of water and called the sitter to see how the kiddos were doing! I am so proud of myself for that! :mrgreen: I used to "do it, do it fast!"
I have been on and off of MF now since OCT time frame. I have been more off than on, and have managed to be down a total of 14lbs since the beginning of OCT. I just started back on Tuesday. My starting weight this time around is 181.5lbs. I was down to 179 this morning. I have not seen the 170ish mark in about a year. I am thrilled!

So, I will be here right with you each and every day. Fighting temptation is extremely hard. We just have to learn that it is possible! WE WILL FIGHT ALL THE TEMPTATION! Gosh, say that outloud!

OH, BTW... Do you have standards on your weight being a police officer? We have standards... and I am not able to fail my next weigh-in around the end of April. I must weigh 149lbs at 5'2" or be under 33% body fat. So, I need to start scootin! All the best to you~

~Tiesha a.k.a. Thinkthin!
THINKTHIN

Postby raederle » February 17th, 2005, 6:40 pm

Wow, Tiesha-- I just wanted to tell you how *amazing* it is that you have been sticking to MF despite having to taste food and then spit it out! Boy, next time I feel like complaining because I think *I* have it rough, I will think of you and quit my whinin'!

Thanks for posting your story and your encouraging words. And thanks for puttin' your butt on the line for the rest of us!

Wishing you the best!

Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby THINKTHIN » February 17th, 2005, 7:04 pm

Thank you so much!

..and you are very welcome! I have been Active Duty now going on ten years.... It's been a challenge, especially being on a ship right now. I have two more years to go before I am stationed on shore duty. :x It is going by very s l o w!!!! But, by THIS summer I will be thin, so I don't think I should have any complaints!!!!

~Tiesha
THINKTHIN

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2005, 11:18 pm

Gosh, I used to think that I would have to duct tape my mouth shut if I was ever going to be successful.

There is FOOD everywhere!

Sweeshelby, we want you to get trim and feel good about yourself!

Come on! Grab that shake and let's get it going! Officer Thinny needs to be able to keep up with her active little boy and outrun the bad guys!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

A new Day

Postby Shelly Mills » February 27th, 2005, 12:21 pm

I feel your pain!! I have only been on MF for a little over two weeks. I had a slip up yesterday. I started out GREAT, a bar, and a midday shake until I got to a party the family had. I did not do too well. I even had some desters (yes, plural)... I just lost ten pounds and I am feeling great, but I also believe that sucess does come from failure. So guess what? TODAY is a new day for me, and I am even more motivated than the first time around....
Shelly Mills

Postby Nancy » February 28th, 2005, 2:36 pm

That's the way, Shelly!

Each time we mess up, just let it be that: a one time mess up. Three hours later, have a shake and get right back on the program.

I know how hard it is to struggle with those temptations.

As a result of Valentine Day pigginess, I celebrated for several days in a row - I broke my cardinal rule to never overeat two days in a row. So, I am back to slurping extra shakes for a few days here and yesterday I was invited to go to the Olive Garden with our daughter and son-in-law.

I felt it was in my best interest to decline their offer because of my recent hive flare-up episode and increase in Prednisone. Oh, I wanted to go but I didn't want to set myself up for failure. I know me. I know when I am strong and when I am feeling puny.

You did the best thing for yourself - you just climbed right aboard the Medifast Train to Thinsville. You can do it - you did it for two weeks before. You can go forward now and no looking back! Good health to you lies ahead, with every shake you drink!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room