I'm having a rough one

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm having a rough one

Postby doglover » February 28th, 2005, 9:00 am

Ok, since whining is allowed here - today is a bit of a struggle for me!! First, I am not feeling 100%. My body is fighting the crud going around and I have a headache and feel achy. But I am fighting it one step at a time. I think due to this I am having a hard time keeping my mind off food! Funny thing is that I want some MF hot chocolate! I am not craving anything else but want to have some warm hot choc and curl up in a blanket! I feel like this would be cheating as it's only been 1 hr since my last "meal". AND if I drink that now I will be all off schedule for the rest of the day. I am trying to work diligently and keep my mind busy but it wasn't working so I decided to come here and put my head on your shoulders and whine! :no:

Thanks for listening. It's just a tough day. Being Monday, dark and rainy does NOT help! Plus we have a winter storm warning!! Doesn't Mother Nature know tomorrow is March and we can't have any more snow??? :|

Have a good day everyone -
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 28th, 2005, 9:07 am

How 'bout some nice hot tea? That might help.

Sorry you're feeling poorly. :(
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby raederle » February 28th, 2005, 9:09 am

Hey Donna, I completely admire you for coming here to the Board instead of giving in to the yuckies! So you get a really big pat on the back for that!!! I hope this doesn't sound like I'm encouraging you to be "weak" ;) , but it really is okay to have another shake if you are hungry. That would include MF hot cocoa, of course, and if having that hot cocoa will mean that you don't stray over to McDonald's instead, it is a *very* okay idea, even if you're eating for comfort and not because you're hungry. (I wouldn't make it a habit, though! ;)) Funny how we start to feel guilty at having an extra protein- and vitamin- packed 90 calories, isn't it? Remember the awful days of feeling guilty after eating an entire pizza...? :mrgreen:

You could also have some bouillion or a Fast Soup, which might help comfort you and keep that emerging cold at bay...

Way to be strong, Donna! Remember-- you still get major points if you have that cocoa instead of having a cheeseburger!
Last edited by raederle on February 28th, 2005, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » February 28th, 2005, 9:15 am

Thanks Rae and 24Karat. I really don't like tea and can't tell you how much I wish I had Fast Soups! I didn't order thosebut am ordering them today! I guess I am trying not to comfort myself w/ food as this is part of my problem to begin with, so trying to resist. Thanks for the encouragement. I am not hungry, just feeling the need for comforting warmth! If it is too bad in 45 min. I will go ahead and get some as it will then be 2 hrs since my last meal.

Thanks again guys. I've actually started looking at the maintenance forum even though I am 12.5 lbs away from goal. But I wanted to look to see what I should prepare for and YIKES, it looks confusing! Probably only my state of mind today!

Have a great one!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby dlr2424 » February 28th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Oh my MF buddy.....If I only lived next to you...I would give you a big hug and then warm up some fast soup and crush some crackers in them and it would have been all legal...however, I ADMIRE you for going to the forum to get your mind off of it. :hi5: ...now... maybe tonight.... you should wrap yourself up in that blanket ....have a legal hot chocolate...and BABY yourself...or should I say take care of yourself so you don't get sick!...Hope tomorrow is a not so yucky day....
Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Spunky » February 28th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Donna, I feel your pain. I say start up the fireplace, get a cup of hot cocoa, grab a book and a blanket and sip away. Before you know it that warm drink will sooth your soul.
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby doglover » March 1st, 2005, 8:35 am

Hello everyone! I just want to say that I MADE IT THROUGH yesterday! I did have my longed for hot chocolate as my 4 pm meal and it tasted so good! But I was so proud and so thankful for this forum in helping me make it through the day. I did get under a blanket at about 1:30 and popped some Vitamin C and feel much better today! I went to bed so proud that I did not succumb to the emotional eating. I did NOT comfort myself with food.

Thank you to everyone for being here. Thank you for posting so that I can read, learn and simply take my mind off food! THANK YOU! :)

Here's to another, healthier day!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby raederle » March 1st, 2005, 9:37 am

Hey Donna-- That is such great news! I'm really really proud of you for sticking to it and refusing to give in to the temptation to comfort yourself with food. I think that is a *huge* step towards re-learning how to deal with food, and how to conquer the nasty grip it can have over you. Goodness knows I struggle with the urge to eat for no reason every day-- and I know how hard it can be! So great job!!!! It must feel great being in control!!! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby Nancy » March 1st, 2005, 3:59 pm

Donna ~

I am thankful that you made it through. Sometimes I keep checking my watch to see if it slurp time yet. I really wanted a Chai Latte the other day so badly and it was just a WANT not a fuel time. While I certainly COULD have had it, it was too soon after having had lunch and I did not want to give in to my foody desire to eat. I changed my scenery, went out to the garage and putzed for a bit, folded some laundry, wrote a note to a person and by then, I had used up one measly hour. I still wanted that Chai Latte. I prepared a cup of hot Crystal Light and attempted to stretch out the time until it was time to re-fuel and I got so involved that I forgot that Chai Latte until my husband asked me if it was time to eat!

While we are Medifasting, we are learning how to deal with those foody urges so that when we begin to add back more foods, we will make good choices with the amount of food that we eat and with the timing of our meals. You are wise to begin to think about transition and maintenance now – think upon how you will eat for your thinner life.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby monkeymom » March 2nd, 2005, 10:14 am

Way to go Donna. Glad you made it through......and stuck to the plan, but especially glad that you are feeling better today.
Now that you know you can get through these things, it won't be an issue if it pops up again..........woohoo........gotta love those learning experiences.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Return to The Weight Room