Having another rough one

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby 24KaratGold » April 4th, 2005, 4:45 pm

Christi, have you tried the Ready-to-Drinks yet? I ordered a sample with my last order and really liked the Dutch Chocolate, so last night I placed an order for a case. They'd be easy to keep at your desk and drink on those long days -- just like having a juice box.

I'd think that the pretzels would be worse than the PB, actually, because the PB is fat and protein which, while adding calories, won't throw the body out of ketosis. Pretzels don't have fat or protein, what they have is CARBS. And extra carbs are a BAD THING right now because they will throw the body out of ketosis. (Two tablespoons of PB has 188 calories, with 6 carbs, so it does have some, but not so many.)

Have you read the Success in a Shaker Jar book? (If you haven't, get it; it ought to be required reading for anyone on Medifast.) One of the things that the author says is that if you are absolutely going to eat something which is not parto f the Medifast program, choose a protein rather than a carb.

Good luck with what sounds like will be a rough week.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

<hanging head>

Postby LilMsTexas » April 4th, 2005, 4:53 pm

You are of COURSE absolutely correct about the carbs in the pretzels!! Does it help that they are the little bitty sticky ones????

I didn't think so :cry:

Yes I've read the book but I imagine I should read it again!! I have tried the RTD.......I got one in my sample pack but I haven't ordered any. This is my first check-in day since on program and I didn't plan ahead for this. I do have a blender at work, it's just going to be difficult, not impossible, to get to the break room. When I'm tired and stressed and GENERALLY AGGRAVATED TO THE HILT on check-in days I want to induldge like everyone else with the big meal and then DESSERT and probably STARBUCKS on top of EVERYTHING! Yes ladies and gentlemen it's going to be QUITE interesting! But at least I won't have my bag of pretzels with me :shock:

I guess I'll take my bad self upstairs and pull out the book and do some reading tonight :oops: Thanks for checking my RIDICULOUS RATIONALIZATION at the door friend!!
CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 4th, 2005, 6:03 pm

Cristi....I will be saying many mediprayers this week for you.... :angel: .and I'm sure if you prepare ahead of time you will do fine......I only work 2 days a week...Mon. & Tues..... 6 hrs. on Tues....however Mondays are long for me...7:30 a.m. till 10:30 p.m. ...15 hrs.....and it hasn't presented a problem with my MF plan at all...if I am in a conference all day then I just make my shakes ahead of time & put them in a water bottle ..or RTD can be frozen then pop them in your handbag and just drink them when it's time...that way when your real busy you don't take time out to prepare your MF meals... :guzzle: .. and when your stressed...just breath deep & think about dancing sassy in the tanning booth... ;)
Keep the faith
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » April 4th, 2005, 6:34 pm

Christi - I hope it's not too late before you go to bed and then get up for your nasty day tomorrow. Here comes a MF hug.... :hug:

First, let's change the chik-fil-a to pretzels for you! Come here every day this week and knowing I will be here looking for your pretzel addiction will make it so much easier to resist! I seriously thought about coming on here to tell you about my day and it was SO much easier to say no to PB! Thank you for being here for me (and everyone else too)!

Now, I will think of you all day tomorrow and Thrs and say my MF prayers for you. Remember - NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR HEALTH. Everything else comes second to YOU! :thumbup:

Have a good day and let us know how it goes!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 4th, 2005, 6:55 pm

LilM-
I know you can win the battle against the pretzels lurking in your pantry.
:shoot: :lightbeam:

I will pray for you to have a successful week. When I am struggling I just remind myself that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Angelia :D
want2Bthin

Postby LilMsTexas » April 5th, 2005, 1:04 pm

Thanks everybody..........so far so good today. I did get extremely busy this morning (as I knew I would) and went right through my morning snack time. We were on our way to CHIPOTLE (the mexican food place I told you about) and I checked my blood sugar on the way...which was 85...which is too low and I was FEELING IT! I also had not had ANY water before noon. Soooo I ate my bar on the way to the restaurant and there I had a diet coke while everyone else ate. Then we went to the Dollar Store and I bought a ton of water for the office and I'm having some now! I'll have a shake around 5:00 and be home by 7:30 tonight to have my "meal" or another shake or whatever I feel like. WHen I was at the Dollar store they had a HUGE display of PRETZELS if you can believe that mess.............AND I found out today they are building a CHICK-FIL-A right across from my work!! GOOD GRIEF!! :shock:

Gotta get back...4 clients waiting on me!!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » April 5th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Hi! Thanks for letting us know how you are doing! Congrats on staying compliant, even in all the hardship! :yes: I can't believe the irony - pretzels and a chik-fil-a! Man, give us a break already! :dooh:

I walked today to pick up my daughter from school. It is about 40 min. there and back (total time) and when I got home it was my meal time and I was so hungry. I really had a hard time resisting the PB but I did!!! :thumbup:

It is really a hungry thing for me and sounds like a hungry/blood sugar thing for you too! Keep going! You are going to do great!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby raederle » April 5th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Congrats on being strong at Chipotle! Good work!!!!! But, boy oh boy, is Chick-Fil-A trying to get back your business or what??? Must be strong!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Goodnight

Postby LilMsTexas » April 5th, 2005, 3:23 pm

Ok gang...my day at work is done and it's time for me to crawl in my van and slither home. I'm exhausted and very hungry. I didn't get even 25 oz of water in today and I needed another shake at 5 that I missed. I'm going to home and having a shake and having my lean/green meal and drink as much water as I can before bed. I've had 3 medimeals today so I'm sure I will double up on my shakes tonight to make sure I get my 5 and my meal because I'm feeling really low today...sugar wise that is. BUT...I made it and I promise no pretzels!!

And I'm sure stock in Chick-fil-a has sunk into a hole in the past month lol Oh well...when I go back I will no longer be getting the VALUE SIZED waffle fries and the VALUE SIZED sweet tea everytime :shock: Would it be so terrible to just have a sandwhich and a diet coke?? These are just things I have to train myself to do better about.

But hey...I'm outta here. Thanks everyone for keeping up with me today. Thursday is the last time I do this for the month. Talk with you all tomorrow.
ni night
christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby bikipatra » April 5th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Good job Tx!!! I haven't been to a Chipotle in years. I know they have them here but not near my house. I used to live across the street from one in Dallas. The burritos are so big the only way I could eat them was to gut them and spoon out the fillings!~ That actually doesn't sound very good to me right now I am happy to say!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby doglover » April 7th, 2005, 7:44 pm

Hey Christi - It's Thrs night and I know today was your second rough work day. How did it go? Are the pretzels haunting you? I had a good couple days. Busy w/ work, but good.

Does anyone else have weird days where some days you are sure your are skinnier and then others you just feel so bloated and heavy? I had a "skinny" beginning of the week and then yesterday and today just feel heavy. Nothing has changed w/ my eating or water intake. Must be hormonal or something. The clothes still fit the same (it is so exciting to have so much room in a size 12!) but I feel heavy. Oh well. We'll see what happens Sun!

Good night everyone!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby Dean0408 » April 7th, 2005, 8:01 pm

Donna,

Yes, I have had days like that. Like yours, they usually come at the end of a busy week. I think it is because I am not getting enough rest, or am wearing down a bit and have less energy. Your weight is no different, it is just that your energy level is waining and you need a nice long sleep in week end to recharge.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby want2Bthin » April 7th, 2005, 8:31 pm

Donna-

I think Dean has something there with the end of the week thing. I have felt very FAT for the last 2 days (not that I am skinny or anything but I have felt alot better lately).

My husband told me that I have been so positive about myself until today. Must be sort of normal.

Of course it does not help that my daughter is having a sleepover as we speak. I'm talking Pizza, cake, doritos, the whole nine yards. I have not cheated but I do feel very deprived. I'm sure the donuts in the morning will be a joy to ignore.

I have one more party this weekend on Saturday. I have to take baked spaghetti (which I have to make). I will be taking my chicken & salad with me.

I know that this too shall pass but right now it feels pretty yucky. Sorry for the pity party. Just a weird day I guess.

Angelia :cry:
want2Bthin

Postby doglover » April 8th, 2005, 6:21 am

Thanks Dean and Angelia! I never thought of it as a timing thing. We'll see how I feel Mon. Maybe it also has to do w/ avoiding the scale all week and then after Sun. morning weigh in I finally see the numbers that are making me feel better!!??

Angelia I am sorry about the difficult times but think of Sun. morning weigh in when you are not afraid to get on the scale bec. you can celebrate your success on avoiding all that food! Great job being so strong! We'll all being saying our medi prayers for you this weekend!

Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Back for Donna

Postby LilMsTexas » April 8th, 2005, 6:30 am

Hey Donna!
Well I survived yesterday and was able to get it all my sups and ALL my water AND get over to Curves yesterday to work out! I had an argument with one of my supervisors and it was REALLY ugly! :x I am not one to be treated the way she treats me and we have a "hate hate" relationship that is very heart breaking for me. I am a very positive person and she just sucks the life out of me some days.

But...I went to the gym when all my other officer friends went to Panera bread yesterday. I would have gone and eaten my bar but I needed to work out some of the frustrations towards this woman. It was the best workout I've had yet! :D

I haven't been home around the bag of pretzels, but since you and I have PROMISED to stay away from our vice I will NOT betray our bond! It is going to be another weekend of success for both of us!! Thanks for sticking with me! Great job this week and YES I have "feel fluffy" days :?
:hug:
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room