Tlo

1 Thread per registered User.

Tlo

Postby tlo » July 6th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Hello all!!! I guess this is officially my first journal entry, even thought I still haven't officially started the program, I felt that I should start my journal today because guess what- (drum roll please..............)
My products arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!
Wooo Hoooo! I am so excited. I wasn't sure exactly what day they were going to arrive this week, so since today is Thursday, I said no matter what day they arrived this week or weekend I was starting on Monday. So I have this last three days to get all of this bad eating out of my system, and also get all of the bad foods out of refrigerator, and cabinets. Also I can finish off all thoese great leftovers from the 4th of July :lol:

But I always do this bing eating thing right before I start a diet, where if I know I am going to start a diet, I just eat like crazy any and everything I want because I know I won't be able to eat it when I go on my diet. But for some reason I am not going crazy this time. I think it is because I am really ready, and I don't feel like I am going to be depriving myself, I am just going to start doing something healthy for myself, so I dont' feel like I am actually loosing this time. If that makes sense. The only thing I am really going to miss is fruit! :D I know it sounds crazy but I looooove fruit, especially in the summertime when everything is sweet and ripe, like cherries, and watermelon, and grapes, and nectarines yum, yum, yum. But I know I can't have those foods when I start this program, so that is what I am really chowing down on for these last couple of days, And I guess a fruit binge, is better than a donoght and cake binge ;)

But that is all for today, just wanted to let everyone know I finally received my package and the countdown has officially began. 3 days to go until I change my life, and I can't wait :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Karli » July 6th, 2006, 5:58 pm

hee hee... Congratulations, Tio !! I, also, am excited for you to start. Oh and I am glad you started your journal, I learn so much from reading them.

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby TonyR » July 6th, 2006, 8:02 pm

My wife is having the same problem with the fruit issue and we have been doing this program for over 2 months now, but nevertheless, she gets through it. As I always say to her, once you get down to goal and stay there for a bit and go on maintenance you can have the fruit you crave! Good luck! 8)
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby sidrah » July 6th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Hi there,

You will do just fine. Who knows? By this weekend you might never want to see a piece of fruit for a while? You can doctor up almost anything to get the flavor, so at least you have that. Good luck and keep on writing. It sure helps.
:wave:
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » July 7th, 2006, 5:02 am

Hi and good luck! I just wanted to post a little fruit tip. I miss fruit, too, but I have discovered Celestial Seasons fruit tea. The fruit flavor is fantastic. I especially like the blueberry and the cherry. Starbucks has a tea called Passion that is also very fruity and tasty.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 7th, 2006, 11:35 am

I feel you on the fruit! I STILL believe I'd kill someone for a bunch of grapes! I run when I see someone with them so I don't have to find out! But it's the same as anything...what's more important? Food I want NOW NOW NOW or the health and thinness I want for LIFE? No contest, I'll wait on the grapes!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby tlo » July 7th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Hello again. Oh and thanks Serendipity for the fruit tips, and Starbucks drink tip;)

So today is Friday and I have 2 days to go till I start. I knew that my package had arrived yesterday, but when I posted yesterday I was still at work. So when I made it home I tore it open and just looked at everything for a second, to kind of size up what I think I may and may not like, even though I am going to try everything. But I just looked at all my boxes spread across my floor and thought to myself, hey look at that, there are the products that are going to make me so much happier. And I know its a little corny, but I did a little dance around them :mrgreen:
(I know I have no life) But I was really happy.

But I do hair part-time out of my house, on weekends and on some evenings when I get off work (at 9:00pm!!), and I had a client last night right when I got off, so I didn't want to open my box while she was there, and I was antsy the whole time cause I couldn't wait to tear into my box!
But there was one problem, on the invoice inside the box, it said the contents of the box was the variety kit, and the quick start guide, but I didn't receive the Quick start guide. It was missing. And I know it gives you a list of the things that are alright to eat in your lean and green meal, but I didn't get one. I left a message with my Health Advisor but haven't heard anything back yet. Hopefully I will get some info by Monday.

Well I will chat with everyone on Monday when I start my first day on Medifast...... Have a great weekend EVERYONE!!!

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby SharonR » July 7th, 2006, 3:09 pm

You are so cute, I love the little dance around the food! :mrgreen:

Good Luck, can't wait to hear about your progress.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby shortfynesse » July 7th, 2006, 10:43 pm

Hey TLO!!!!!! :cleader:

I'm so excited you got your package. Keep your eye on the prize and the rest should be easy. I feel ya on the binge eating before you start a diet. I think it is a sign that you aren't doing that this time. I think this diet is a keeper.

Tlo doing her dance :bananadance: :dancinguy:
shortfynesse

Postby Arklahoma » July 10th, 2006, 12:14 pm

Can't wait to hear how you do on your first day.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby tlo » July 10th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Well I am halfway through day one, and it was no where near as bad as I had expected. 8)
For breakfast I made the Cappachino and I popped it in the microwave for about 1 min and it was actually good!! It tasted a lot like one of those instant coffee drinks that you just add water to. I was surprised it was so smooth, I guess I expected it to be chalky or lumpy but it wasn't. I drank a Vanilla shake about noon which was also surprisingly not gross. I made myself a steak salad with mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes for my l&g lunch meal. And by the time I ate that at about 3:00 I was pretty hungry and ready for some real food, but I wouldn't say it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.
So now I am about ready for a bar, and then see how the rest of the day goes. I can definetly see myself doing this for the long term. Because its such a no brainer.

So I will post again tomorrow and let everyone know how I did after my FULL first day:) I am sure I will be successful..

(Oh and it didn't help when I got to work today, my managers had put Dove Ice Cream bars on everyone's desk for employee appreciation Day!!!) I just put mine in the freezer and told everyone who ever wanted it to please take it awat and eat it!!!!!!! That was hard Aggggggggghhhhhh!!

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Dove Denial

Postby alohacate » July 10th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Way to Deny the Dove!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate

Postby tlo » July 11th, 2006, 9:57 am

:x Okay I am officially a looser :x

I can not BELIEVE what I did last night!!! I had done so good all day with eating all my Medifast meals and my L&G meal, that is until I got off work!
When I left here, my sister told me to come over to her house because she was having a get together for one of our old friends from highschool that was in town (he lives in LA). So I did, and low and behold when I got there she had cooked sooooo much food! BBQ hot dogs, and hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans, fruit salad, frozen strawberry daiquiris, and frozen pina coladas, and my personal weekness- DEVILED EGGS!!! :twisted:

So as soon as I hit the door I knew I was in trouble. I tried really hard, I really did, but I was already sort of hungry with this being my first day and all, and I cracked!! I ate 3 BBQ hot dogs, a glass of strawberry Daiquiri, and I don't know how many deviled eggs (hanging my head in shame) :oops:
I felt, and still feel so bad about the fact that I couldn't even get through the first day with out cheating! But I guess all I can do today is just dust myself off and start again today. I promised myself that I would do better today, but I can't help but to feel bad about my cheat! I spent the money and made the commitment so now I am going to stick to this. So please everyone send me your strong vibes cause I am going to need it :roll:

I started off good this morning with my cappachino and drinking my chocolate shake now so I promise that I will stay stong and do better today.

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Don't Beat yourself up

Postby alohacate » July 11th, 2006, 10:40 am

Don't beat yourself up for your slip! Way to go getting back on track this morning!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate

Postby Arklahoma » July 12th, 2006, 6:45 am

You're back on track now. That's all that counts!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Next

Return to My Journal