Tlo

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » August 4th, 2006, 4:48 am

tlo wrote:Sometimes my goal seems so far away, that the temporary fix seems so much more gratifying. What a stupid way of feeling.

Have you considered giving yourself tiny goals to reach? Maybe you should plan something special after the next 5 pounds. As you can see, my goal was way way far away and I made it by giving myself rewards for each little milestone.

Don't worry, if you stick to the program for even several days, you cravings and temptations will begin to go away.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby tlo » August 4th, 2006, 2:26 pm

Thanks Serendipity, that is a great idea!! Even though it seems so simple I never thought to give myself a reward after every five pounds. I love rewards especially when they come from the one who knows me best............me!! Seeing as how my two favorite things (use to be snack food) and clothes, those are both out of the question because hopefully I will be in a different size clothes soon, so don't want to waste my money. And snacks are for sure out of the question. So lets see, maybe I'll buy myself a new book, or a pair of big crazy fluffy house shoes (love those), or some accessory jewlery, I love bangel bracelets, necklaces, and pretty earrings.
So yes for sure that will give me something to look forward to every five pounds. I love that idea!

Today was another very good day, I haven't cheated all week long and I can honestly say this is my first full week staying 100% compliant, and will not be my last. I know the scale will reflect it on Sunday. Heak it did today, I lost another 3 pounds!! But its the same 3 pounds that I put back on from my weekend binge. But non the less, still a loss and I am proud of it!!
Myself and Tammy aka shortyfyness are about to start going roller skating every Thursday here in Ohio where we live. I thought that that would be a fun way for us to get together, and have some fun, and get some excercise in at the same time. I have my own skates but haven't skated in years, and she can't remember that last time she was on a pair, so I think it will be fun for us both to get out there and re-aquaint ourselves with the sport. And we will be old pro's in no time. So I am sure we will write all about it so look forward to some funny stories, cause I know I will probably be on my rear end for the majority of the first couple of sessions! :dohdoh:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Started-7/11/06** Re-start 9/11
193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Serendipity » August 4th, 2006, 5:28 pm

A few ideas:

facial/manicure/pedicure
great pair of shoes
new hairdo
earrings
weekend getaway
new purse
itunes
day off from work
new makeup mirror
join Curves or a gym
fashion watch
shopping spree at Goodwill for transition clothes

you get the idea, I see. :mrgreen: Don't skimp on the rewards, you deserve them!
jo
Serendipity

Postby tlo » August 9th, 2006, 11:45 am

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to post and let you all know that I will not be posting much anymore for a whil. The reason being is that I am really feeling discouraged at this point. I am not quiting, because I think that I have found something that will really work if I work it, but the whole thing is that I have spent roughly $300.00 for my first months supply, and this last two weeks I have been compliant and I am now up two pounds from my starting weight! I have been on plan exactly a month now and have no weight loss to show for it. Even though, my aunt Flo is visiting right now, I just get so discouraged when I read other post of people who has been on plan for like one week and lost 5 -10 pounds.
Now I am fully aware that everyone looses at a different pace, but I definatly didn't expect to gain.
Plus on top of everything I am really low on Medi food and I don't think that I will have the money to re-order until the end of August. I may have one week of food left. But like I said I am not going to totally stop, I am going to re-order as soon as I can and totally commit myself at that time. Also I now can order only the foods that I like and know that I will eat, without having to do all these swaps. And if I don't lose anything this next fully commited go round for another month, I will have to just acknowledge the fact that Medifast may not be for me.
So I will check back with everyone once I get my new batch of food, and let you all know I am restarting and how I am doing then. And I will be sure not to start this next time, the same day/week I begin my cycle because I think that is where I messed up right from the beggining. And I am not going to go totally crazy either, I still eat my chicken salad from Mcdonalds everyday, and will continue to eat my Medimeals until they are all gone. After that I will eat right, like salads, and fruits and vegetables, unitl I do my re-start.

I know it may sound like I am giving up, but I am really not, I have struggled with this program, but over all I was committed to it, and tried very hard. But when I woke up this morning and saw that I was up 2 pounds over my starting weight, it just did something to me. Its a month later and I feel like I have failed. This has affected my whole day today, and now I have been having a terrible day all day today of some numbers on a scale. (Which I really shouldn't of even looked at due to the fact I am on my period), but I did it and know I feel so sad, aggravated, disappointed, and just completly annoyed at myself. I am actually crying as I write this post (what a baby I am I know), because I really wanted to do this so badly this time, and within a month I so badly wanted to be down at least 10 pounds, I didn't even expect the 20 they say you can loose, I just wanted 10, and here I am heavier than when I started. This is so discouraging I swear it is.
Personally I am more motivated when I can see results, they don't have to be drastic, but I need to see something to keep me going, and I had temporary results, sabotaged myself, started over, and here I am back at square one at 192. I guess I can see what my true weight will be after my period is over, but I normally don't gain but about 3-5 pounds of water, so I probably am truly at 188 or 187 which is still pretty sorry for a month on this program.

Sorry for being so long winded but I think I needed to get that out. But everyone please continue to post, becasue I do come in ofter and read your post and you all keep me motivated, and I need that.

See you guys later, and good luck to you everyone.
~Tlo

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby Serendipity » August 9th, 2006, 1:35 pm

tlo wrote:To answer you question Unca before this week, the logest I had gone with out a slip up was maybe 2 days. A tiny nibble here, a its-bitsy nibble there.

Tlo, The above was written on August 3. That was 6 days ago. I read back over this entire thread and much of what I see is that you have struggled with the program and have not had a very long period at all where you have been totally compliant. To stay on program for a day or two, fall off, get back on, over and over, will not give you the results that you were hoping for. You have not given your body the time it needs to adjust.

I understand you have been struggling and I have been there.....not with this program, but with many others. Maybe you are just not ready to succeed. The time that you have before you reorder could be a blessing in disguise. You could use the time off program to really think about your reasons for wanting to lose weight and for getting "psyched" about committing yourself 100% to the Medifast program.

If you can start again and remain compliant, you can lose the weight you need to lose. You are not necessarily a slow loser. If you give the program a chance, it will work.
jo
Serendipity

Postby tlo » September 11th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Well I am officially back on plan today, and I am very excited about it!! I feel good. I feel much stronger this time. I just wasn't focused the last time and I think I set myself up for failure.
To be totally honest, I don't think there was one day where I didn't cheat, even a small cheat the entire time. I either ate a piece of candy, or some fruit, or a full out cheat, but I always cheated one way or another.
That is why I felt like I needed to stop and get all that out of my system, re-evaluate my goals, and my focus, and commit myself.

I know I am too young to be unhappy with my weight, and have this constantly on my mind and bothering me like it does. So I realized that I have to take this one day at at time, until I reach my goal. We all are here for the same purpose, and now I really realize that.

I even feel different today, than my first day the last time I started. The last time I was starving, and having crazy uncontrollable cravings, and actually cheated on my first day!! But today seems totally different. I am almost at the end of day one, and I feel great, no cravings, no headache, I have eaten three meals plus my L&G, and I got in all my water. So if I do this everyday, I know I will be good to go. I love that I have a place here where I can come and post my feelings and emotions, when I feel like I can't talk to anyone else about what I am going through and how I am feeling. So thank you all for being my support system. Even if no one reads this, I am glad I have a place I can go to get my feelings out.

I hope everyone had a great day today:)

~Tlo

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 11th, 2006, 7:23 pm

Welcome back tlo! I'm so glad you are trying again!

Your situation could be mine the first time I attempted to do MF. I cheated all the time and just wasted my time and money. This time is totally different. I made up my mind to lose the ugly fat I was carrying around once and for all! And that made all of the difference in the world for me! I know it will for you too!! Just picture in your mind what you want to look like when you reach your goal, and repeat it everyday, and everytime you may want to cheat.

I love MF! We can do this, as Nancy says, one shake at a time!!
Keep shakin' girl! :cheermed:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby tlo » September 12th, 2006, 2:56 pm

Thanks houlagirlfromhawaii!!! I love that screen name by the way, too cute.

But today is day 2 and i am doing well. I was almost tempted by a chicken wing, but I was able to over come that. :D My co-worker had an extra fried chicken wing from one of my favorite chicken joints, and asked did I want it. I almost said yea, then I had to stop and say no. I do have a confession, I ate 3 or 4 concord grapes this morning. I know, it was wrong, but I am a total and complete grape fiend, and concord grapes are my absolute favorite, and they only come out around this time of the year. My mom had some and I couldn't resist eating a few, but I felt like even though its wrong, at least it was a fruit, and not a burger, or fries. Hopefully it won't affect me too bad.
But overall today is going well, I had oatmeal for breakfast, my l&g for lunch, I'm about to eat a bar, and then two more meals before bed. I feel so different this time and its just so funny to me. I guess its because I have seen so many people have success here, that I would be a fool to not do something that works.

Have a great day all.

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby DogMa » September 12th, 2006, 3:55 pm

I'm not going to beat you up over the grapes, BUT remember that even though they're only out a short time each year, they are out EACH YEAR. It's not like you'll never be able to eat grapes again, and giving them up for a short time is SO worth it.

I just hit maintenance about a month ago, and I now have a little fruit every day. You know what? Not only was it all still there waiting for me, but after having gone without it for so long, I find it tastes even better than I remember it. My two favorite things that I've eaten in the past month were probably a peach and some strawberries.

So stay away from the grapes. They'll be there for you next summer - or the summer after that, if you need to stay on the program that long. And they'll taste even better when you're slim and healthy. In the meantime, I think it's really important to stick to the program EXACTLY for now, especially for you. Sorry for the tough love, but I know you struggled with the program in the past, and I truly think you can succeed this time. But I'm afraid a few grapes will just be a slippery slope, and I've seen too many people slide down that way before.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby tlo » September 12th, 2006, 5:52 pm

U-R so right Dogma!! No more grapes for me!!!! Thanks for the kick in the pants!! I know I needed it.
I guess I never thought about things the way you just said it, that the grapes will be there right along with everything else once I am done.
I will chat with all you tomorrow.

~Tlo

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby tlo » September 14th, 2006, 11:03 am

Today is day 4 and I am back. Yesterday I was off work because my three day detoxification took a turn for the worse. I had a horrible bout with the D-monster Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Was off from work, but I am feeling much better today. That didn't happen to me the last time I started, but I guess, I had much more crap in my system this time that the last time. However I am much better now, and back to work.

Good news is 1) I stayed on plan even though I was sick, and wanted to eat crackers and gingerale, I just drank diet ginerale, and stuck to plan. And 2) This morning I stepped on the scale and had lost 5 pounds since Monday!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaay. Thats how much I lost total the whole month I was on last time. So by Sunday I hope to see at least a 7 pound loss for the week. But even if not, I will take the 5 pounds very happily. I know the stomach bout helped me get rid of a few of those pounds, but hey I guess that was the benefit to my horrible day.
But today is a new day and I am back at work and feeling well....

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby kmr » September 14th, 2006, 12:05 pm

Tio,
Congratulations for "hanging tuff" and getting past the first 3 days! You CAN do this!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby tlo » September 15th, 2006, 8:07 am

Day 5 is starting off pretty good for me. I am down another pound bringging me to 187.5 which I am estatic about. 6 pounds gone forever. I hope to be out of the 180's before the end of the month. I haven't been in the 170's in forever!!! That would be such an accomplishment for me. I can't wait. 7 pounds to go. Once I reach that mini goal, I am going to reward myself with a new pair of shoes!! I love shoes, and that will be my reward for getting out of the 180's.

The only thing I am kind of scared about today, is the fact that we are having a pot luck at work today, and there is going to be all kinds of yummy foods floating around, along with cakes, and pies, and cookies (all of my favs.) My plan is to stay out of the kitchen were they are serving the food, and go across the street and get a chicken salad, and try to ignore the smells and resist the temptation. My partner here at work knows I am on this plan and I told her to beat me if she see's me eat any of thoese things!!! She happily obliged. She said she won't let me fall, or go near the kitchen.

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

Postby kmr » September 15th, 2006, 9:59 am

tio,
Do what you said you were going to do and just go get your chicken salad and enjoy it. Remove yourself from the situation. Just think about how bad you will feel if you cave in now after making it through the hardest part! This will not be the last "tuff" situation you will be in while on plan either, so get used to dealing with these types of situations. All that junk food will still be around when you hit your goal and at that point you will be able to eat that stuff in moderation and look and feel great at the same time! The faster you hit goal the faster you will be able to eat the foods you love again within reason. Isn't that why most of us are on M.F. to lose the weight fast, but stay healthy? I know for me it is. I don't have the patience to stuggle for over a year at least on a program like W.W. to lose 73 lbs. If I did I would have done it that way. I want to look good again as fast as possible, and short of starving myself (which I could NEVER do anyway) this program is the only program that I know of to lose weight fast and stay healthy while doing it. I read your journal and your encouraging posts to me. We both started in the same predicament and both finally made it pass the hard phase at almost the same time, so I can completely empathize with you. I want you to succeed as much as I want myself to succeed at this. We are all here for each other. Before you ever go to cheat, come to the forum first. Post, get encouragement, and it also takes your mind off of food. Sometimes people will eat when bored and they're not even hungry. Stay occupied. Just picture the day you reach your goal and can announce it here to all of us on the forum. We will do this.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby tlo » September 15th, 2006, 5:34 pm

kmr,

Thanks so much for the encouraging words, it much easier to do this when you have someone else who is going through the same thing at the same time. I think I have a cheating "gene" and I am just fighting it everyday and every night. I am so easily tempted and I hate that about myself, but I really really want this so I am really trying hard. I just really want to be slim by the winter. I don't a lot, lot, to lose but enought to where I need to start now in order to reach my goal. So away we go!!!

193/187.5/140
tlo
Trusted Member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal