Tiny Miracle

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Tiny Miracle

Postby RavenKat » May 12th, 2004, 4:57 am

Yesterday was interesting:

1. I work 40 miles from home and it took two hours to get home because of traffic on the beltway.
2. I had a follow up phone interview for a new job that didn't go very well. The middleman guy wanted me to "pump up" my resume. Sorry dude, won't lie for your job.
3. While I was on the phone with this gentleman, one of my cats squatted in the living room in front of me and peed!!!!!!

What the ??????!!!!

Did I go into the kitchen and eat? No, I did not. My usual reaction would be to shove anything that couldn't run away into my mouth. I just cleaned up the pee, moved a litterbox onto that floor of the townhouse and went upstairs to read. I can't believe it!!!!! One crisis averted. :kool:

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » May 12th, 2004, 5:34 am

LOL Kat, I had to laugh! I totally relate to your ummm, not-so-glamorous day in the life.

Sometimes it's the small things that threaten to tip us over the edge the easiest. It's odd how once you start paying attention you realize the numerous triggers to eat that have NOTHING to do with food! I know for me lately it's been total physical and mental exhaustion (I'm approaching a huge deadline at work and just moved into a new apartment). I never realized before how badly either of them made me want to eat. (You'd think they'd make me want to sleep ...... but no, not me, I want to eat!)

Also, the TV hasn't bothered me that badly for several weeks, but the last few days I've been seeing the commercial for the new hershey's caramel kisses and it makes me want to run out and gobble a truckload of em, but instead I settle for fantasizing about throwing the TV out my 3rd floor window! We're fighting our own compulsion to eat, and big business trying to hypnotize us into eating their products! Not fair. And did you ever EVER see a fat person in one of those commercials??? nope.

Sometimes it seems like we're one person, or one little forum of people, struggling to fight off the world of food. I say we foment a revolution and do this our way, on our terms. Puddles and all.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Marseilles » May 12th, 2004, 7:37 am

Okay, I had to laugh as well...

I have CURSED those caramel filled Hersheys kisses.

Truly though, that isn't one small miracle, thats GREAT!! Very proud of you, conquering those emotional eatsies is HUGE!!

WAY TO GO!!!!!!

:cheers:

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » May 12th, 2004, 7:47 am

What the ??????!!!!

Did I go into the kitchen and eat? No, I did not. My usual reaction would be to shove anything that couldn't run away into my mouth. I just cleaned up the pee,

It’s me that’s saying “What the ??????!!!!!!

Good for you for not running to the food area, this does show a restraint, that you will learn to master over time. I still find myself wanting eats for some reason or another. This is something that will not soon go away, but it does get easier, I promise.

Now, onto more pressing issues, let me rephrase your above saying, as to how I WOULD have said it:

My usual reaction would be to shove anything that couldn't run away into the cat’s rear portion, as a plug.

Then put the cat in a box for oh say the next year or so! Cat peeing on my carpet, IN FRONT OF ME? Is this some act of defiance? I could understand if the cat was locked up for 2 days with no facility available, but blatantly in front of you, in the living room, on the carpet? I say “see ya kitty”

Ok, bring on the cat lovers (I am one) lesse ya beat ol Guido up! As my teen says (hands on her waist - taunting me) "bring it on"

-Guido! (morphing from Mike for now)
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Marseilles » May 12th, 2004, 7:50 am

Mike...yer killin me. Im so glad YOU said it..how about a kitty carpet?

-M. the rollin around on the floor in tearful fits of laughter.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby RavenKat » May 12th, 2004, 8:01 am

My usual reaction would be to shove anything that couldn't run away into the cat’s rear portion, as a plug.

Then put the cat in a box for oh say the next year or so! Cat peeing on my carpet, IN FRONT OF ME? Is this some act of defiance? I could understand if the cat was locked up for 2 days with no facility available, but blatantly in front of you, in the living room, on the carpet? I say “see ya kitty”

ROTFLMAO!! Hoestly she has never done anything like that before in her life - I have no idea why she would do it, either. I mean, I know it could be a symptom of a bladder infection or something, but jeeze! Her name IS Felony, though. I guess I should expect it. ;-) Maybe she was telling me that the job I was discussing was equivalent to cat pee.

I have five cats and this is the wierdest thing any of them has ever done. I can usually figure it out though. Maybe the litter pans need to be scrubbed, maybe a box needs to be nearer (there should be at least one on each floor and/or one for each cat - I have one for each cat but did not have one on that floor), maybe she's mad at me for the diet food! Who knows.

Oh and tv commercials that basically say "reward yourself with food" "Have good times with food" "If you were a good mom you'd buy this" etc etc etc. It's sickening. :x
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby shineface » May 12th, 2004, 8:27 am

See how this works????

We are in constant re-training .... a day like that -- I have my share - is no longer a reason to eat - as you said... it is no longer an option!!!

Great Job!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to The Weight Room