Another Medi-miracle

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Another Medi-miracle

Postby LongWay2go » February 5th, 2005, 5:50 am

Don't ever tell ME that MediFast cannot change your life forever! Newbies and those who are "freshmen" may not know that 6 months ago I could not even walk. I was prisoner to a wheelchair. I couldn't even walk to the bathroom! Read my old posts if you're interested, I have well documented along the way. Anyway, on to the point of this post -

My sister Karen arrived yesterday evening and another Medi-First for Spidey. She did not have to ride the shuttle bus to Framingham so I could pick her up. Instead I drove to the airport in Boston, parked my car in the garage and walked into the airport through the terminal to baggage claim to greet her when she arrived. That was the first time I have EVER been able to do that. Not only that, I did not have to stop for rest not ONE time either way! Is is possible that this journey keeps getting better and better every day? My answer would be a resounding YES!

The lesson is, stay focused and true to your goal. As has been documented here by many, do not go off plan because it is HARDER TO RESTART than it is to start in the first place, and we all know what that's like! Be true to yourself, stay mindful of your reasons for starting in the first place and MF can change your life too. Perhaps it won't take you from near-death to walking through an airport in 6 months as it has me, but your success can be just as great with less-dramatic swings.

I won't be around often this weekend since sister is here, so peace to you all, have a great weekend and stay focused.

Huggz,
~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 5th, 2005, 9:17 am

Gerald --

Every time I read one of your posts, my resolve becomes even stronger. You really are very inspirational to me and I'm sure the rest of the newbies here.

Just a quick thanks to you for always taking the time to post about your past life and your new MEDI-Life. That takes a lot of courage. But please know that you are helping so many of us by doing so.

Keep that keyboard tap tap tapping.

See ya next week Spidey -- enjoy your visit with your sister.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

hi

Postby NikkiNix » February 5th, 2005, 10:24 am

Alright Spidey,

We are all soooo proud of you and didn't it feel great to not have to ride a shuttle, and then I bet your sis was amazed that you were waiting for her without your wheely chair to drive you around. Simply amazeing. I can't wait till this summer when my family sees me for my kids b-day and they all will notice that I have lost weight. All of my family is obese so hopefully when they see me I can talk them into getting on the program as well. The proof is in the Mf pudding. It's hard to encourage people to be healty if your not yourself so I want to prove to them there is something out there that works and at a pace we all love. Your the best Spidey and I know you will enjoy time with your sis. Have fun and a great weekend!

Your Friend,
Nikki
Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
NikkiNix
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » February 5th, 2005, 10:51 am

Hey, Spidey, I wanna join in with Nikki and Scrabbler and say HOORAY!!! and THANK YOU!!! for posting that. How amazing to have come so far in 6 months-- you *are* an inspiration to us, and probably your sister, and I hope to yourself, too! Your sis must have had tears in her eyes... Heck, I do!

Soon, you'll be skipping all the way to the terminal to pick us all up at the St. Croix airport terminal!!! We'll pick you up on our shoulders (because we CAN), and give you a hero's parade back to your car (which had better be very large to fit all of us in the back with our boxes of Medigrub...)

:hug:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby Andi » February 5th, 2005, 10:54 am

Hi Spidey..I am a newbie and have been so down and out about my weight and failure on sooo many plans...Your post and many of the others are sooo inspiring!!..Thank you for sharing it and giving me hope!!...I am sooo happy for you and can feel your excitement!!!!..That is such a major accomplishment WAY TO GO!!!!!!!..((Hugs))..Andi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Start: 02/05/05
1st Goal 10# club
256.5/247.5/128
Andi

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » February 5th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Spidey,
I am SO happy for you!!!
That must have been an almost tear inspiring moment for you!!
God Bless you for all that you have done to become a healthier person,
and for always keeping the rest of us inspired.
You have a wonderful time with your sis!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby jene115 » February 5th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Gerald, I'm new around here but I have to say how profoundly your words touched me. I can relate about not being able to walk, I'm headed that way, but I'm going to lose this weight with MF and this group because if I don't, I too will be using a wheelchair to get around (knees are gone).

Your resolve, your determination and your insight are great and I'm so inspired by your post. Thank you so much for sharing yourself. I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sister. I printed our your post for my refrigerator and I will read it when things get hard and remember why I'm doing this.
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » February 5th, 2005, 3:22 pm

You see everybody? MF works! All you have to do is be compliant. Success is there just waiting for you. Spidey, you make all of us better for sharing your success. THANK YOU so very much!!!! Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » February 5th, 2005, 3:40 pm

God bless you. That is just so awesome.

I read your early posts when I first found this forum, and you are definitely one of the people who inspired me to make this work. I was afraid, when you were gone on vacation, that maybe you were gone from here for good, and was so very glad to see you show back up a couple of weeks ago.

Here's to the NEXT 90+ pounds!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby explorthis » February 6th, 2005, 12:11 am

I have spent a lot of time with Gerald. Met him prior to Medifast (on line). Don’t know if most of you know this or not, he had emailed me before ever joining the group. We chatted for about a month if I remember correctly, again before ever joining the clan. We it off, and became great friends – GREAT FRIENDS!!

We have met face to face (see the LW’s Vegas photos). I know his pain, and I know his strengths. I can tell you, not only is he a phenomenal man, and a smart one to boot, he is about the kindest, most caring guy I know. I say this from the heart. For me to see his progress, how far he has come, and what he CAN and IS accomplishing, just makes my heart glad.

All the best to you, you deserve 1000 percent of this new life.

Friends forever!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby TamiL » February 6th, 2005, 5:15 am

Gerald
Great post...you are always inspiring!! HERES TO YOU..... :cheerleader:

and LETS GO PATRIOTS TODAY!!! HERES TO A DYNASTY FOR NEWENGLAND!! :cleader: :yippee:

You are a brave man...I avoid driving into Logan...even with the new tunnel.... :x gotta say..Im not a city girl!! ;) SOOOOO happy for you and your success!! its EARLY in the morning here on superbowl sunday...so lets see if Tom Brady and the gang can bring us another superbowl sucess!! :-P

Enjoy your time with your Sister!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL

Postby MamaD » February 6th, 2005, 7:10 am

Gerald,
you are my new hero. I am going to quit whining and just do it.!!! You hang in there kiddo...90 pounds is a whole human!! Good for you..

and mike....
I am not sure...but I believe I felt a warm fuzzy ozzy forth from your post......quido must be currently chasing down some medi-violator!!

Have a good superbowl ya'll...I am a falcon fan myself...so it is reather bitter sweet here.

Who you cheering for Gerald?? I vote for whoever you vote for!!!!!
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby mnova » February 6th, 2005, 7:40 am

Gerald,

What an inspiration you are!

It was an airport experience in November that really got me down -- to the point where I had decided I HAD to have gastric bypass or else.

I was flying home from Galveston, TX, and for the first time ever, I had to ask the flight attendant for an extension for the seat belt. I barely stopped myself from crying.

But, in a round-a-bout way, that brought me here. After discussing surgery with my doctor, he asked me to try one more time. That very same day, I saw an ad for Medifast in a magazine, did some research, found this place, and decided I was going to try the program.

In mid-March, I'll be flying to Phoenix on business and I hope I've lost enough poundage by then to NOT need that seat belt extension!
Maryann

Start Date: 01/31/05
298/286/135
mnova
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby LongWay2go » February 9th, 2005, 6:01 am

Wow, you are all just so AWESOME that it truly brings tears to my eyes reading your responses. Thank you, thank you, thank YOU one and all! My sister went home yesterday afternoon and once again, I drove to the airport but this time to see her off. We had an amazing visit! We did a lot of shopping together, something we had never been able to do before unless I packed myself into the wheelchair. This time I walked through the stores!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 9th, 2005, 8:36 am

Way to go Spidey, you are a true inspiration to all of us.

I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your sister, and truly got to "enjoy" yourself.

Weigh to go!

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room