Timing of meals

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Timing of meals

Postby Allie » August 4th, 2006, 2:35 pm

I was wondering,

Can I have my MF every two hours insted of every three hours? I have a b-day party to go to tomorrow at 6, and I don't want to get home late and then have a MF right before bed, so I was thinking I could do something like:

7:30 Hot Chocolate
9:30 Oatmeal
11:30 Shake
1:30 Bar
4:00 shake or pudding
6 or 7 L&G

If I have them too close together am I hurting my progress?
Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » August 4th, 2006, 2:57 pm

It's no problem to space them closer together, BUT if you eat at 6 or even 7 and then don't eat anything until the next morning, you're going way too long with no fuel in your system.

This isn't like other programs, where they tell you not to eat at night. It's no problem to eat close to bedtime. Or you could bring something with you and have it on your way home from the party, if that works out better for you.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 4th, 2006, 5:51 pm

I agree with DogMa. This would not be a problem every now and again but don't leave too much time between bed and your next a.m. feeding. You're only getting 800 - 1000 calories per day so it's not bad to eat b4 bed.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 4th, 2006, 6:31 pm

I always end up eating my last meal about 10-11 pm. :oops: Last night I fell asleep and totally missed #5. OOpppsss!!
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby JKSRN » August 5th, 2006, 10:33 am

Do what you need to do,Allie, to fit in the meals. Just not two meals at one time. Remember, it is about 'fueling' the body so it stays 'rev'd up! As already said, having a very late meal, while not OK on most other programs, is just fine on this one. Sometimes, I don't start meals for the day until noon or 1pm, if sleeping in, and then do the two-hour spacing instead of three hour. Depends on a personal schedule that you work out yourself. I continue to lose, regardlessof when my alloted meals begin or end for the day.
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.