getting all the meals in

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

getting all the meals in

Postby petladyinRI » September 11th, 2006, 4:31 am

Hi everyone! First of all, thanks for the incredibly warm welcomes from everyone in the "come on in" forum! In my second week, trying to be totally compliant, but having a strange problem. I find some days I have to practically force myself to get all my supplements in. Partly because I'm on the road most days, and partly because I am just not that hungry. Many nights, I can't finish the entire L&G portion of my protein. So I tried splitting it up into two meals, but when I do that, that makes me even less likely to get all 5 MF meals in. Mind you, I never thought I would have trouble eating everything I was supposed to on a diet plan, but that's my problem. I suppose it's very bad to eat 4&1? Not enough calories, bad for my metabolism, etc. Am I weird or what? Anyone else have this problem?
THANKS AGAIN!
Sue in RI
"I think I can, I think I can..."
petladyinRI
Trusted Member

Postby Prancer » September 11th, 2006, 5:06 am

Hi there. I had that problem in the begining too. Mostly because it was summer and by the time I got up and ate every 3 hrs I was going to bed again before my last meal. I dont think its a good idea to do the 4&1 for the same reasons you said. Which of the meals are you eating? I find some of them are more filling so maybe ifyou eat one of the less filling ones you will be more hungry. Like instead of a bar have a shake or instead of oatmeal have hot cocoa.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » September 11th, 2006, 9:18 am

Good advice. It's a common problem, partly because of the ketosis. So yeah, go with some less-filling options, especially before your lean and green. The RTDs aren't much. I also find the pudding tends to make me hungry later on.

You might also try spacing some of your meals slightly closer together so that you can leave a full 3 hours (or even 3.5) before your lean and green. Or have fish/seafood for your L&G, which is less filling. Or even have it for breakfast, when maybe you're hungrier.

It's really important to get them all in. Good luck!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » September 11th, 2006, 9:25 am

Hi there,
So you're not hungry??? That's great. :D I deal with people all the time who say... "I'm going to be starving to death" "That's tooooo little food". It is hard not to laugh :? or even keep the smiles to a minimum. Soy is a natural appetite supressant and then of course the mild ketosis is the other key factor. But ..... you MUST get in all your food. Remember this is a medically designed program.. You need to follow it exactly to make certain you burn only fat not muscle. Plus if you limit your caloric intake toooo much your body is not going to part with any weight at all. It goes right into "starvation mode". :cry: The purpose of eating the 6 small meals each day is to train your system also for maintenance. We eat exactly that way. The goal is to stay in great shape for the rest of your life... no more yo yo programs.
Keep trying I really think you can do it. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » September 11th, 2006, 3:11 pm

I have to let my hubby read this because just today he looked at me with an imploring look and asked...."is it always going to be like this? Me starving?"

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Still can't eat it all

Postby petladyinRI » September 11th, 2006, 5:49 pm

falisamarie wrote:I have to let my hubby read this because just today he looked at me with an imploring look and asked...."is it always going to be like this? Me starving?"

Lisa

Aw, poor guy. He's gonna hate me!

It happened again today. I had a bar in the early AM (needed something on the run), then shakes mid-AM and lunch, chicken/rice soup mid-afternoon(half of it spilled when it boiled over, oh well), and couldn't even begin to eat the 7 oz. of swordfish I was supposed to have for dinner 3 hours later. I was one of those who ran around all day with nothing but coffee til 3PM, after which I didn't stop eating all night, so maybe that's a factor? Although the first few days on the plan, I was fine. Not too hungry but able to eat what I should.

Things aren't moving very well on the interior, and I wonder whether that's a factor. I'm doing the Benefiber, plus softener, plus yesterday I resorted to Smooth Move tea. The results were negligible. But I feel mostly OK...
Sue in RI
"I think I can, I think I can..."
petladyinRI
Trusted Member

Return to Weight Loss