3 time loser

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

3 time loser

Postby Isallgood » September 13th, 2005, 9:20 am

This is my 3rd attempt on the Medifast Program. I went to Brookwood Bariatrics in Birmingham AL. They suggested I use Bontril for appetite surpression. It worked to well! I would only get in maybe 2 or 3 supplements a day and of course after a month of this I lost 40lbs. and was sick as a dog. So I ended up quitting the program. The second time I didnt use the diet pills but once again got sick so I was so discouraged I quit again. I had a gastrointestinal problem that I didnt know I had during my second attempt. I now have that under control and I am making my 3rd attempt. I know the diet works if you use it properly. I am on my second day, no diet pills and I feel great. I weigh 250lbs and I would like to lose 115lbs. I am determined to get to my weight I once was in my late 20's. I had a hysterectomy and every year I've managed to gain 10 or more pounds since then. I'm 37 years old now and went through a divorce a year ago. It's like I didnt care about myself anymore and I woke up one morning and looked into the mirror and said enough is enough! I'm finally doing something for myself and to tell you the truth I need the self esteem boost. I can always use encouragement. I'm thrilled I found this site. It has so many helpful hints. You guys are great.
Isallgood

Postby Emma » September 13th, 2005, 10:47 am

Hi Isallgood!

You know the program works so congrats on giving it another try - hopefully all your stomach issues are done for good and you can get on with enjoying the program. You're going to feel and look so good!

I look forward to seeing your progress.
emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Debbie » September 13th, 2005, 10:52 am

My first attempt at Medifast a few weeks ago, I only made it for 2 days and then I gave up....but thankfully I tried it again soon after and once I got past the first few days I was ok....I'm finding that the longer I stay on it, the easier, or more used to it I become. When I go to bed at night, I know I made it through another day, and tomorrow is one day closer to reaching my goal.

*I have type 2 diabetes*
Debbie
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Isallgood » September 13th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Thank you so much for your encouragement. I'm almost through day 2 and I'm feeling good but starting to drag. That's pretty normal in the first few days isnt it? I know it will get better. I'm ready to make a change and I know I have made my mind up this time. You guys are great!
Isallgood

Postby Unca_Tim » September 13th, 2005, 6:09 pm

Hi IsAll and welcome to our community,
:wave:

This time you're gonna do it!
If you're a little hungry the first few days, don't be afraid to have and extra shake. Once you get into the routine, you'll be suprised how easy it is.

Keep us posted,
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LeeannNH » September 14th, 2005, 8:29 am

hi isallgood!

good for you trying again! :D i know you will be successful. it sounds like you have had a rough go at it, but this time i believe it will stick for you!!

good luck :mrgreen:
leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » September 14th, 2005, 9:55 am

Dear Isallgood ~

The first few days can be a little rough for some - if you feel like you're dragging, have a cup of bouillon - sometimes the sodium is a nice boost. Go to bed early and get some rest while your body adjusts to the program. In no time at all, you'll feel great and begin to get into the Medigroove! You'll do it all with good nutrition and need no pills, no shots and no artificial junque-oh-lah! Just good-for-you Medifast!

Best wishes to your success!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dlr2424 » September 16th, 2005, 9:22 am

Is.........the 3rd time may be a charm...... :coach: ......YOU CAN DO THIS........ :secret: ......just take one day or one hour at a time and come here for support...........focus on your reasons why...........and pray for perseverence........ :angel: .....

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.