Throwing a party while on MF is not easy!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Throwing a party while on MF is not easy!

Postby Lauren » June 29th, 2006, 11:25 am

So, I am having a small party for 4th of July at my apartment, and then we're all heading up to the rooftop to watch the Macy's fireworks (excellent view of fireworks with the Empire State Building as a backdrop)...All fun and wonderful, but planning the food and alcohol for my friends when I can't have any is a unique experience!

I already told my friends that whatever is left when they're ready to leave has to go with them, all food items will depart when they do...

I normally love to make great hors d'oeuvres, an awesome brie with apricot sauce and almonds, bruschetta with toated baguette pieces, etc. etc., but I decided that while I don't mind serving a lot of junk, I just can't bring myself to cook it or have the smells in my apartment all day and night. So, I am going the easy way out, chips and salsa, veggies and dip (at least I can eat the veggies!), fruit salad, pizza/subs, and for dessert, firecracker red/white/blue frozen pops! Oh, and I bought chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered graham crackers and Entenmens chocolate chip cookies with whip cream on the side...yummy!

I have NO IDEA why I just typed all these decadent items to you all, but I enjoyed just thinking about it! Is that strange? Does anyone else (like me) really enjoy watching others eat the things we can't? I totally live vicariously through others, I want them to get the richest most wonderful sinful things on a menu when I'm out, and it's not because I want them to gain weight (I know you're all thinking that!), I just really take some pleasure from it! Sorry, that was a tangent...

Anyway, hope I didn't torture you with foods, just thought I'd see if anyone's planning a party and stuck dealing with all the foods...I am not worried about falling off the wagon (I've been at this diet for 8 months, it's ingrained in my core), I just think it will be funny to be surrounded by food I can't eat!

Lauren

Happy holiday, people!
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby SharonR » June 29th, 2006, 11:32 am

Lauren you crack me up! Yes, I can relate. At my daughters bday party this last weekend I was oogling over people eating the cupcakes, chip and dip, garlic bread and so on...
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby 2FeelGood » June 29th, 2006, 11:37 am

Does anyone else (like me) really enjoy watching others eat the things we can't?

I know what you mean by this. I am totally like that!

If I were in your shoes, I would make sure I have something that I can eat (within MF limits ofcourse), so I won't be just staring at people eating the no-no foods...I would eat my food slowly so it lasts a while!
-- Momma
31, 5'6".
2FeelGood
Trusted Member

Postby Lauren » June 29th, 2006, 11:43 am

Thanks for your speedy replies, guys! Yes, I'll be oogling their food, but all my friends are quite aware of my diet in all its glory - so I can eat my MF meals and veggies and such while they're in my place. Funny, if I wasn't worried about wasting it, I thought I'd mess with my friends' heads, and serve only MF products, like a big bowl of pudding and cranberry mango drink in a pitcher, and tell them if they want to party at my place they have to party like me! :-)

Umm, Sharon, garlic bread, that sounds so good!

Lauren
Lauren

Hi

Postby dede4wd » June 29th, 2006, 10:37 pm

Lauren, I can totally relate! My boys have stated they're stopping ordering desserts at a restaurant because of the way I stare at them while they eat them!

Have a GREAT party!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BoPeep1 » June 30th, 2006, 3:17 am

I do it too! I'm make my thinny-minny husband go out and get stuff that I want to eat just so I can watch!
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Lauren » June 30th, 2006, 6:06 am

Too funny, guys. You know what is also cracking my friends up? I subconsciously "mmmhhmm" when I am eating my one L&G if I'm out with them! I will literally be chewing and making "yummm" noises because I am so damn pleased with my food! They think this is especially funny, because I can be eating something as ordinary as a wedge of lettuce with Walden Farms, and I am purring like a cat! :-)

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Arklahoma » June 30th, 2006, 9:23 am

WOW ~ Didn't know we had so many voyeurs on this board :-)
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to What's Shakin'