Cheating- feeling bad- Throwing Up

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Cheating- feeling bad- Throwing Up

Postby gillian » September 25th, 2006, 8:02 pm

O.K. I am going to look very much messed up after this. I am scared to death of not suceeding sometimes... I ate tortilla chips at a Mex rest. and felt terrible and made myself puke when I got home. This is not right, but somehow my messed up brain justified doing this... What are the ramifications of this- I have never seen this addressed here. I may as well face that I am mentally sick, and this is sick behavior...
Other then this, life is grand. Any input? OH!! This is not something I do normally... I just was mad, and tried to self correct.
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby bdg » September 25th, 2006, 8:19 pm

In the future, if you make a mistake (and you won't again), then just get back on plan with your next meal. We all have weak moments, the idea is to get back to where you know you need to be. "Purging" is not healthy, and certainly doesn't help you physically or mentally. In the future, just realize your mistake and learn from it. Don't hurt yourself. You will do great.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 25th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Hi Gillian,

I have personal experience in this area, which I am not proud of, but I can tell you that you need to stop and never think of doing it again. (please read my journal, first post for more insight). This behavior is very dangerous and addictive, and needs to be addressed if you have deep issues with food, dieting and body image. I am not a doctor, but I am speaking from my own experience.

If you want to talk about it even further, or if you just need to vent, you can PM me any time. We all have our slip ups now and then, but purging is not the answer to staying on the program.

I'm here for you girl! Keep shakin.'... :hug:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Aerie » September 26th, 2006, 5:25 am

I've been there and done that, as a teenage girl. A single episode isn't a big deal but don't make this a habit. It WONT speed your weight loss and it can lead to electrolyte imbalance, enamel erosion and esophageal erosion.

Binge/purge can easily become addictive behavior = bulimia nervosa.

Just move on.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

yeah

Postby gillian » September 26th, 2006, 1:36 pm

It was weird just to fall back into that after failure. It shakes me to think of what I would do if presented at "just the right time" some of my other old habits.
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 26th, 2006, 3:09 pm

my ex is a raging bulimic-- and her gastic bypass made the situation 1000x worse. it's an addictive behavior. you're right to worry about it....

and since you are worried, it's fair to say that you are still in control. one mess up won't make you gain weight. just remember that you are in control of your life now. bulimia is about control and self soothing. we don't need to do that anymore... because food is fuel, not a reward.

and throwing up will rot your teeth. :D

maybe consider seeing a counselor.
you are right, old behaviors tend to have a very strong pull.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 26th, 2006, 7:00 pm

I made a post about this a bit back... in January.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-4360.html

Trust me, you DO NOT want to start getting into this as a quick fix. It's anything but! One misstep with food does not mean you have to start purposefully vomiting. Even many missteps. Better to have the extra calories than make that an ok option.

Speaking as another from personal experience.

Take care of yourself.
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 26th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Hey Gillian!

I got your e-mail and somehow cannot reply or send e-mails right now... something's up with my service... anyway I am going to send you a PM so please check your personal messages on this site.

Have a great evening,

Aloha!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » September 29th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Gillian, I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss