This moment brought to you by Medifast

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

This moment brought to you by Medifast

Postby Carrie » April 27th, 2004, 1:18 pm

When I first started MF 58 days ago, I hid it. Didn't want anybody to know. I kept a shake in the fridge at work, hidden in a little lunch box thingie (I use the ready-to-drinks).

I finally had to tell the people at work I was dieting because there's always some food thing going on here and they kept trying to get me to EAT. Since I told them, it's been fine. BUT I still did not just openly drink my shake or eat my bar, I did it discreetly in my office.

A few minutes ago, I found myself really hungry, and decided to have an extra shake. So I went to the kitchen and started chatting with a co-worker. Then a couple more people came in. I was so busy having our conversation that I didn't realize until I was walking back down the hall to my office that as we all were talking I had gotten my shake out, popped the straw in and started sipping. Nobody noticed, not even me!

It goes to show that in general we spend a lot more time worrying about what other people are thinking, than they spend in time thinking about us. So if you're in a space where you're still worried about what other people are thinking ...... trust me, after a while you won't care. And it feels really good to get to the stage where you don't care if they know or not.

Carrie

P.S. I restocked the fridge too..... put my MF shake right in the fridge door, naked as a jaybird, for all the world to see. Guess I don't need the lunch box anymore!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » April 27th, 2004, 2:05 pm

Amen Sistah!

I used to worry about that too--mixing my shakes in secret, etc. Now...I could care less if anyone sees me drinking a shake!! Medifast has opened up a new world for me, and if someone wants to know about this miracle, I'm glad to tell them!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby elle4nelly » April 27th, 2004, 2:20 pm

Amen for me too!

I too was like jeanette and you.
I used to be a secret shaker. I was afraid that the wolrd would laugh at me and say" Here she goes again on that diet # 105! she'll never make it! blah blah blah... I soon realised that no ones really cares and it was me deep inside who was afraid of failure and projecting it onto others. Now...I shake where i wanna and i do not care. I do it on the metro platforms, in the Gym Locker room.... I even shaked one outside a target while waiting for my Shope-aholic buddy to come on with it and get out of that crowded mess...
I didn't care...
"people are not the boss of me!"
"fear is not the boss of me!"
"food will never be the boss of me ver again!"

I am the boss the of me! And I'll shake to that anywhere , any times!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » April 27th, 2004, 2:33 pm

It goes to show that in general we spend a lot more time worrying about what other people are thinking, than they spend in time thinking about us.

Amen to you, you 2 cent table top dancer, you!

Get ready for another twist. As your loss progresses you will soon find out its not you that is worrying about what others are thinking, but they will soon be worried about what you are thinking of them!! Yes!

I religiously, after a visual loss had people seeking my “OK” for the items, and portion sizes on their plate. Odd? Mike the fat guy giving advice? Food advice? Mike? What a hoot…… I shrugged it off. It happened more and more, even the svelte ones, were “justifying” the fat-tablet on their plate with me.

Goes to show, we do create our own circumstances.

I am overly proud of you!!

-SD (to you)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby LisaM » April 27th, 2004, 2:57 pm

Me too :oops: I'm only on week 2, but I've told people at work finally because they buy us lunch here every Wednesday, so I have to avoid it. You want to hear something sad? I haven't even told my husband yet because I wanted to lose a few pounds before I told him about it. I shake when he's outside, in the shower, etc. He's seen me gain and lose so many pounds he's numb to it. He'll know pretty soon when we get our Visa bill! :-P
LisaM
Start Date: 4/19/04
227/215/150
LisaM
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Tonya » April 27th, 2004, 3:15 pm

There is always a steady stream of diets around our office (especially with the women) so noone even seems surprised to see someone on a new one. I was a little embarassed at first but now it's kind of a running joke....."hey guys, ya wanna skip lunch and have one of my shakes?" :lol:

I've also had lots of comments on how good they look and smell....I really don't even think people really care. But they do seem a little impressed that I am keeping it up. ALL of my friends (including the really teeny ones) are constantly talking about working out, dieting, eating better, etc. I'm not even sure what we'd talk about if it weren't for that!!! :scratchhead: (well, ok that and guys I guess ;)
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » May 2nd, 2004, 11:36 am

I have found people to be very critical of dieting. It seems everyone has an idea or opinion on the 'right weight loss plan'.
I have found that people enjoy sabatoging, they find it as a threat if you are losing weight. I think maybe it is a reminder that they too might need to lose. I have a family member that is nortorious for sabatoging me. Now I have a co worker.
"ann" is a great co worker, there then you need her and always puts 100 percent in her work. Ann loves to cook and bake and I mean not just alittle, she loves to cook for an army meaning the whole floor. Her meals are great and yes I have eaten them. These last few weeks I've been maintaining and getting myself ready to 'get back on the medifast wagon'.
Ann has pushed food on me so much that I had to walk away. She brought in a whole pan of lasagna and homemade garlic bread. I told that I was on medifast and really trying to get the rest of the weight off.
Ann told me that a diet like that is "garbage" and I'm ruining my health. She put in front of my a HUGE helping of lasagna and garlicbread and a salad smothered in french dressing. I sat there and felt guilty for not eating. I drank my shake and the plate sat while everyone ate. We chatted and chatted and then it was time to get back to work. Ann wrapped the meal and placed it on my desk.
Why do people do this? Is this helping me????? I was so furious I threw it in the garbage. How many times do I have to be asked? "do you want some" when someone says "NO" why do people persist???
I have now avoided lunchtime, I tell everyone I'm swamped and to go ahead. It is bad enough I have family doing this to me, but now this co worker.
I just wanted to run away to a medifast island get the weight off, then come back. Anyone wanna go with me? 8) sorry for the vent... LUVZ~
kEEP SHAKIN~ LUVZ
197.5/195/130
Female; 5' 2''
muscular ex dancer 41yo
One single step begins a journey~
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby shineface » May 2nd, 2004, 12:01 pm

AMEN to one and all---

Like I was a forum Lurker, I was also a closet shaker and then when MF started working the magic and I started feeling better - I didn't care who I did my thing in front of - because ultimately I'm doing it for me and me alone!!!!

Don't we all sound like we're getting mentally healthy over some long term "FAT" issues --- scary :shock: ...... :roll:

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » May 2nd, 2004, 2:49 pm

Oh, my goodness, Luvz! Your co-worker needs a HUGE dope-slap right upside her head. How DARE she do that to you! Let me at her!!! I am extremely proud of you for throwing away that food. YOU DID THE RIGHT THING! KUDOS TO YOU!

I remember years ago with tears in my eyes having to tell a co-worker to puhleeeze not talk about food in front of me. I was trying very hard to lose weight and her constant talking about food was making me miserable! This wonderful, beautiful, lady was obsessed with food. She loved cooking and feeding the entire office--just like Ann! She could recite receipes from memory, and often did, but it truly was ALL she EVER talked about. ARRGH!!! :x :x :x

Whew! You need to have a one-on-one, straight-up talk with this woman. If you were an alcoholic and she dismissed your attempts at quiting by setting down a big frosty mug of beer in front of you, everyone around you would be mortified. Why do they treat diets/food any differently?

Stay strong, Luvz! Just say 'NO'. If this control freak persists, it's OK to look her right in the eye and tell her very plainly, "I said NO! Please, just let it go!" And don't you feel bad one bit. She is NOT your friend.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LouLou » May 3rd, 2004, 7:27 am

Luvz,

I can definately relate to the co-worker issue. I recently moved offices to avoid a sabatour. The only difference is, my co-worker wasn't doing things intentionally. He just eats all the time. I had to change offices because there was always food around me. He'd have 2 poptarts when he got in, then go to the deli for a ham/egg/cheese croissant, then have a bag of popcorn and a pack of cookies -- all before lunch (which he ate promptly at 11am). I just couldn't take it anymore.

I started out a closet-shaker too, but now I just don't care who knows what I'm doing. I was a Chuckie Cheese with my son last night for a birthday party. While everyone was eating pizza and chicken wings, I whipped out my shaker jar and made myself a shake. No one even asked. I was really proud of myself for not giving in. It would have been so easy, especially since no one there knew I am on the program!

LouLou
LouLou
Newbie - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room