Thinking about ordering

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Thinking about ordering

Postby Suzi » October 4th, 2007, 5:36 pm

Hello everyone. I just recently found medifast and am thinking about ordering. Do you have any advice on what to order. I've seen the variety packs on the medifast website but I don't want a bunch of food I won't like. How many shakes should I order for the four week plan? I heard that three shakes a day is optimal so that would be 90 shakes or 13 boxes, is that right? I would also like to have one bar a day, pudding, oatmean, soup, and anything else you guys think is good. I just want to make sure I order enough and don't run out before the month is over. I'm getting married in May so I have tons of motivation to do this and be successful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to placing my first order!
Suzi

Postby Out*With*The*Old » October 4th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Welcome, Suzi!

I'm new too so I'm not help - - esp since I ordered the variety pack to get me started (so I could sample a bunch). BUT I did want to WAVE and say HELLO and WELCOME!

I'm sure the experts will pipe in shortly and give you tons of great feedback - - you'll love it here.

Kym :-P
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Suzi » October 4th, 2007, 6:05 pm

I've planned what I was thinking about ordering. Please tell me if this is correct. I figure, I need to eat 5 medifast meals per day for 30 days, that's 150 meals or 21 boxes. So for 90 shakes a month (3 per day) or 13 boxes, I would order 8 chocolate and 5 vanilla. Then for the bars, 4 boxes (28 days worth) 3 chocolate and 1 caramel net. Next 2 boxes of chocolate pudding and 2 boxes of oatmeal. That's comes out to 21 boxes, one more box than they reccommend, am I doing it right or just totally overthinking things? When I calculate that price, it's $307.50. Please let me know if this sounds right to you. Thanks.
Suzi

Postby Mickeyz » October 4th, 2007, 6:48 pm

Hi Suzi,

First of all, WELCOME.

As far as what to order...it is hard to say what you will like and what you won't. Everyones taste is different and your own tastes will most likely change over the first couple of weeks. I go in stages of what my favorites are, right now I am on a scrambled egg kick.

You don't have to have 3 shakes a day. That is some older information. You can have any combo of meals now.

You might want to consider trying a starter pack so you can try more things, plus it is a good price. I had stuff I didn't originally like, but 5 months later I like most of the products. Some I like too much...like the carmel bars. :lol:
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby rodeomom » October 4th, 2007, 7:04 pm

I would suggest the variety pak for a couple of reasons. First, you will get a better deal with the free week. Second you will have the oppertunity to try most of the products and decide what you like and what you don't like. If you get something you just can't choke down no matter what you do, there is usually someone willing to trade. I know we offer all our clients the option of trading food that they don't like for something they do.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » October 4th, 2007, 7:25 pm

Take Shape for Life has some new ways also. They are phasing out the 5 week promo variety kits for new clients and switching to having them choose 20 boxes or $250 for a month then a free week.

HA's have more info if interested.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Joy » October 7th, 2007, 10:22 am

rodeomom wrote:I would suggest the variety pak for a couple of reasons. First, you will get a better deal with the free week. (5 weeks rather than 4) Second you will have the oppertunity to try most of the products and decide what you like and what you don't like. If you get something you just can't choke down no matter what you do, there is usually someone willing to trade. I know we offer all our clients the option of trading food that they don't like for something they do.

I agree and you get free shipping with purchases over $200. I average about $260 a month now only purchasing things I like. You can buy singles also to try of many if not all products, shakes, stew, soup, and chilli.
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.