I think my scale is broken

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I think my scale is broken

Postby supermom » June 14th, 2006, 10:40 am

I have been at this plateau for quite some time now. I think DeDe and I solved the problem in a late night chat last night though. I never read the label on gatorade. I just knew it would quench my thirst like water does not when I am out and hot and tired with the kids. Anyway, the stuff is LOADED with carbs. I was having 2 of them a day. YIKES!!! Anyway, with that being said, yesterday my scale read 214. The same thing it has read for 3 weeks. This morning it said 174. I think there is something wrong with the scale. What do ya'll think?
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jump4joy » June 14th, 2006, 10:49 am

Aside from amputation, I don't think it's POSSIBLE to lose 40 lbs. in ONE day!! :shock: :lol: As nice as that new number is I'd say it was time to get a new scale. :-P (And learn to LOVE plain ol' water). ;)

Joy :rose:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby TheShadow » June 14th, 2006, 10:55 am

Supermom, you could also try Propel fitness water. They have a light fruit flavor (love the black cherry) and some vitamins and minerals. You can get them in bulk at Costco for a very reasonable price. They have a few calories but no more than a sugar free popsicle. Also you could try the new Crystal-lite singles that you add to a bottle of water. The new "Sunrise" varieties are fortified with vitamin C. I just tried the new pink grapefruit flavor...YUM!
TheShadow
TheShadow

Postby falisamarie » June 14th, 2006, 11:21 am

Yeah it is time for a new scale! Also I do not know if they make a diet gatorade but my sister who is diabetic had some when she was sick once and her BS shot up to 800 and come to find out it is also loaded with sugar.

Also the same thing happened to her when she drank diet Mountain Dew, the first ingredient is concentrated orange juice which is packed with sugar.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MISSANNE » June 14th, 2006, 11:29 am

There was a previous thread about Gatorade and waters...but I'm not sure it is. Smartwater has the electrolytes like Gatorade and Propel without the calories or carbs and sugar. It tastes like regular water. Gatorade is nothing more than soda without the carbonation.
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Postby supermom » June 14th, 2006, 11:58 am

Thanks guys! I do drink regular water, but while coaching ball 4 days a week, and teaching swimming lessons 6 days a week, and keeping our garden, and the 103 degree dry hot days around here, sometimes water does not "quench" the thirst. I think it is from the loss of electrolytes. I bought some propel water today, and I will look for the smart water. I don't want to have to take salt tabs. You know, this is my second scale since I started MF. The first one, my kids filled the bathtub up with water and decided to weigh it by submerging my digital scale in the water. Still don't know how much a tub full of water weighs!! This one is one that my hubby bought to replace the one that went for a swim. I have kept my eye on it, but there is no tellin what has happened. Maybe it is just a bad battery, or a bad scale. I am goin to take it back tomorrow.
supermom

Postby VTGirlie » June 14th, 2006, 12:11 pm

LOL!!!

Okay, I'm truly sorry about your scales, but the story of the death of your first one cracks me up!
:roll:

Aren't kids great????
Bets
235/204MFStart/182/135
"Nothing is as good as this day"
VTGirlie
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » June 14th, 2006, 12:35 pm

Also look for something called ElectroMix. It comes in little packets that you add to a liter of water. It adds electrolytes without carbs. It will be better for you in the calorie/carb game than the propel. Although propel is better than gatorade :)

Supermom, if you pm me your address I can send you a few little packets in the mail so you can try them.
Sarya

Postby supermom » June 14th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Yes, VT, kids are great. Other lessons I have learned: When you nuke a hot dog for 10 minutes, it makes a big ol mess. Always be leary of a breakfast in bed when your kids have made it "all by myself". Listen to your kids when they are interrupting a phone conversations----don't just raise your finger and nod at them----it is NEVER okay to flush a turtle that has died, as it is a fish. They clog up the plumbing. Just because it LOOKS like mud in the carpet, doesn't necessarily mean it IS mud. Especially when it has not rained in months. Poop is hard to get out of carpet and off of satin wall paper when it has been ground in with "monster trucks". But, at the end of the day, they still love me. They forgive me when I lose my temper. They don't care that their hamburger bun is a little stale. They think I am the most beautiful mom in the world. They bought me a Tiarra for Christmas. They love me unconditionally, as do I them. God has a great sense of humor. I have learned to stop praying for patience. The only way to gain patience is to have yours tested!!!
supermom

Postby Tankie » June 14th, 2006, 1:50 pm

Smart Water is my lifeline swear to god....I work a job where I am very on the go for 8 - 10 hours a night, this stuff picks me up without giving me the caffine :shock: jitters....

Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby jump4joy » June 14th, 2006, 3:38 pm

supermom wrote:Yes, VT, kids are great. Other lessons I have learned: When you nuke a hot dog for 10 minutes, it makes a big ol mess. Always be leary of a breakfast in bed when your kids have made it "all by myself". Listen to your kids when they are interrupting a phone conversations----don't just raise your finger and nod at them----it is NEVER okay to flush a turtle that has died, as it is a fish. They clog up the plumbing. Just because it LOOKS like mud in the carpet, doesn't necessarily mean it IS mud. Especially when it has not rained in months. Poop is hard to get out of carpet and off of satin wall paper when it has been ground in with "monster trucks". But, at the end of the day, they still love me. They forgive me when I lose my temper. They don't care that their hamburger bun is a little stale. They think I am the most beautiful mom in the world. They bought me a Tiarra for Christmas. They love me unconditionally, as do I them. God has a great sense of humor. I have learned to stop praying for patience. The only way to gain patience is to have yours tested!!!

Great post, Laurie! Funny and heart-warming. :heart: I think that my kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. :heart: :heart:

Joy :rose:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy

Postby Elke » June 14th, 2006, 4:49 pm

I love your post. Kids are wonderful I am still tryin gto deal with the fact that one of mine has moved on *sigh*
I will cherish all the memories my beautiful babies have given me.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Aerie » June 14th, 2006, 7:46 pm

40 pounds in one day? Heck send me that scale! :mrgreen:
Aerie

Postby Mike » June 14th, 2006, 8:27 pm

As Shadow said above, I live for Propel fitness water. I get tired of just water, so I used this instead. Much fewer calories and carbs with lots of vitamins, and taste great. I used the berry with the strawberry shake.. yummy.
As for the scale... its gotta be messed up... check it out.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby horsey girl » June 14th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Supermom, I WANT THAT SCALE!!!!! :mrgreen: I don't have a problem drinking water. I'm a waterholic, but I did find a good drink a couple of days ago in the grocery store. It's called FUZE. I got Slenderize Tropical Punch. I don't remember the other choices. This one has 10 calories and 2 carbs in a 18 oz bottle. No fats or sugar. It has L-Carnitine, Super Citrimax, Chromium, and Vitamin C. It was pretty good and refreshing. I'm going to get some more when I remember which grocery store. Obviously it did nothing for my memory. ;)
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room