My burner is broken!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby DogMa » April 30th, 2006, 8:36 pm

I was there once, after my first Atkins try in my late 20s. Stayed there three years, and I gotta say, it was FABULOUS to be thin, even if I still never quite FELT thin. I can't wait to get there again!!! But this time I want to make sure I'm there for life.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Denise » April 30th, 2006, 9:42 pm

Shana..you are soo cute and sooo supportive of everyone here..I really love reading all your posts! I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I don't think you are losing that slow..isn't the weight loss for most between 2 and 3 lbs a week?

You are doing great.....and we need you here..so I hope you feel ready for a fresh start tomorrow! :lol:
Denise
Preferred member

Ms Shana,

Postby Ginabobina1969 » May 1st, 2006, 12:28 pm

Hope your feeling better today.. I think your calculator is broken..not your scale.. :lol:
And still, my losses have gone like this:
Week 1: 6.8 - woohoo!
Week 2: 1.4 - what the heck??
Week 3: 3.4 - yay! Back on track! Week 2 must have been a fluke!
Present: 1.8 - what the heck!!!
that adds up too 13.4 pounds and averages out to be 3.4 pound loss a week useing 4 weeks as time on plan, which you still have a couple days to get to 4 weeks.
Your really doing GREAT!!! and I can bet if you check...the major losers on this board and their average per week losses you will find their are much the same.

Hang in there girl...we are here to help you succeed and realize those 6's :shock: and we KNOW that you can and will do it!!

Hugs,
Gina

Edited to add I LOVE taco bell salad..and I made a lean and green version the other day.

1 pack of mf garden crackers(count as my snack)
5 oz of lean hamburg fried up with chili powder or a little taco seasoning
1 oz of lowfat cheese
2 cups of lettuce and 1/2 cup of diced tomato.
Tiny DAB of lf sour cream( I know...Bad Me)
and 1/2 tsp of taco sauce.

MAN oh man was that good! :D
Last edited by Ginabobina1969 on May 1st, 2006, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Shana » May 1st, 2006, 12:30 pm

Awwww! Thank you Denise!
I had a couple of epiphanies last night:
1.) Going off plan in the wrong way can equal really serious IBS flare ups - NOT A GOOD THING - I spent most of last night and part of this morning wishing I had the energy to kick myself for deciding to eat things I knew caused tummy problems- for a smart girl, I"m really freaking dumb sometimes lol The bright side is that my body probably didn't absorb many of the calories or fat grams ;)

2.) I looked at my calendar & realized that my mopey, schmoopey, whiney & craving filled day was very easily explained & understood - I'm expecting company in the next day or so (I'd call it Aunt Flo, but I actually HAD an aunt named Flo, so it's a little too weird lol)

3.) Fear of success. I'll write another post about that in the next few days, but essentially, even though I feel like I'm losing slower than almost anyone, I'm still losing, and as much as I WANT to be thin and stunning and even sexier than I already am, the idea of my body changing that much is a pretty scary thing.

Anyway, I'm back & again I appreciate all of the support everyone provided yesterday!!! This is a great group, and I'm so glad I found it!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tiolazz » May 1st, 2006, 12:51 pm

Shana, we are glad you found it too... and we are lucky to have you here... :)

I will probably get blasted for this :twisted: , so let me preface this by saying that I am not implying that anyone should cheat, or eat anything off the plan....

but I did want to mention, that my doctor and my nutrionist both told me that sometimes our bodies are smarter than we think and they will get use to ANY eating plan and adjust to it. They both told me that sometimes in my weight loss journey I may have to trick my metabolism. They told me that I may have to change things up a bit at times to make my body think that it is going to get more carbs or more fat or more whatever, and then it will jump start the losing process again.

Again, I am NOT advocating anyone go off plan, just passing along information that was given to me by the same people that directed me to medifast.

So maybe other than the tummy ache you have, (Taco Bell Taco Salad, what were you thinking girl? :shock: )..... Maybe you didn't do that much damage, maybe your body will think it can start letting go of some of that fat and weight because you gave it a sample... I hope so, just hang in there Shana, we are all with you here......

Terri

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby pixiewhispers » May 1st, 2006, 1:41 pm

I know this may sound stupid-but when you weigh yourself do you make sure the scale is on a flat hard surface. I know if I weigh myself in the bathroom I way 2 pounds heavier than when I weigh myself in the kitchen. I have a house on piers. ;)
Mamie
Mamie Ann
239/234/145
pixiewhispers
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 2nd, 2006, 2:52 am

Hey Shana ~ I know that I'm chiming in late here but it looks like you're averaging about 1/2 lb per day which is most excellent. Keep up the good work 'cuz you're doing a great job!!!

Arklahoma

Postby SPMUSTANG » May 2nd, 2006, 9:16 pm

Let me add my "you are doing great" to the rest...as if 1 more will help that much. What I noticed is that you seem to have a pattern going...little loss, follwed by a bigger loss, repeat. That's how I've always lost. And after a lifetime of diets I know my weightloss pattern.. Myabe that's your "style" as well. It doesn't really help to make the frustration go away on the little loss weeks, but it seems you have a big loss week just around the bend.

Oh, and watch out giving kitty the leftover from the L&G-- you don't want to turn him into a Garfield sized cat....I don't think they a Medifast plan for overweight Felines yet!
SPMUSTANG
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 2nd, 2006, 11:36 pm

Just wanted to say that if there were a MF plan for felines then mine would be on it. Both my cats are overweight and on the Vet's "special" blend of expensive food for weight loss. I don't think they've lost an ounce over the last year.
Arklahoma

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 3rd, 2006, 12:29 am

Shana,
I hope you're doing better. It broke my heart to hear you in pain. I COMPLETELY understand fear of success. That's a whole 'nother thread...I'm so with you on that one! We're right here with you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » May 3rd, 2006, 4:42 am

That is one of the reasons I am starting Medifast. I had a baby 4 months ago, lost 25 pounds the first month I was home, and nothing since. I go to to the gym 5 days a week, do 30 minutes of serious cardio on the elliptical machine, light weights and abs. I was doing this for one month, along with a decent diet (WW points). Guess how much I lost? ZERO.

Medifast is my last resort.

So I understand your pain even though I have no advice. It is SO frustrating to know you are really trying and you are not losing as fast as you want to. It sucks. Hopefully when I start Medifast on Friday I will see something happen.

Best of luck to you.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby gr8bnme » May 3rd, 2006, 6:39 am

Hey Shana,

I just wanted to tell you that I am a slow loser (or was since i'm doing transition now). I'm living proof that slow loser can get to goal. I used to weigh myself every week (and sometimes everyday). I would get so disappointed because I even had days when I gained a pound. I was always 100% compliant and for whatever reason the scale moved at a snails pace for me. I started to get discouraged and felt like i should just give it up because it was too hard. I was doing all of this work and it didn't seem to pay off for me. But rather than do that I decided I would weigh once a month (the first friday of every month). It helped me tremendously because i wasn't so focused on the scale and I absolutely saw a loss after a month and didn't see the gains (if there were any), so i didn't get discouraged. For the most part I would lose 1 lb a week, except the first week ofcourse (i think i lost 7). but by the end of the first month, I think i had lost 10 pounds. I would never see that kind of loss again. my best after that was 6 to 7 pounds in a month and that only happened once. I had a month that I only lost 3 pounds (the entire month!!!) :x and i didn't cheat either.

It can be very discouraging but I'm here to tell you that you can make it. You will make it if you can disregard the scale a little. I had to. There was no way I would have had the wherewithall to continue if I had monitored that scale. And now, I'm in transition. So you can do it!!! You can make it!!! Keep the faith and hide the scale for a while.

Hope this helps
5'0", 31
Started MF: 7/16/05
192/120 -- Reached Goal 6/2006!
gr8bnme
Regular Member - #70 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room