15 Things It Took Me Over 50 Years To Learn-Dave Barry

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

15 Things It Took Me Over 50 Years To Learn-Dave Barry

Postby Mike » February 28th, 2007, 11:06 am

1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. :snooze: :whattha:

2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings." :tongue:

3. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." :lol:

4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them. :idontknow:

5. You should not confuse your career with your life. :thumbig:

6. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance. :dance: :dancinguy:

7. Never lick a steak knife. Okay Di, I won't anymore :dunno:

8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip. :secret:

9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time. :3head: :idontknow:

10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment. :stickwack:

11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven. :birthday:

12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers. :drive:

13. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.) :x :x

14. Your friends love you anyway. :hug:

15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. :you:
Last edited by Mike on February 28th, 2007, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » February 28th, 2007, 11:16 am

I have to say even though I'm younger than most of the folks who frequent the forum the majority of those make complete and total sense...

I will be passing this along to some folks via email
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to What's Shakin'