Three years later, maybe now

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Three years later, maybe now

Postby DutchChoc » October 8th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Without a doubt, one of my most amazing transformations occurred on MF in the past, and it's to MF I return most humbly tonight, really "fed up" with foodie issues and a tight skirt.

It always seems desirable to comply with a program when one is at a low point, maybe has eaten too much junk, the kind that, you know, is likely to put on a bigger plump. I guess tomorrow is the day for day #1 for me.

Kind of at my high end weight, to start, "just matronly", which many of us ladies think is still a dread. I'm almost 51 years old now and sometimes I suspect I'm the only one who knows I've really given up on myself looking fit again - many of the others often don't even know that I can.

I need to make this a survivable program this time and by that I mean that I only knew how to drink the shakes and eat nothing else last time - I really reached the breaking point after 100 days of that before and it was not a successful transition for me. Only thing is, it's easier for me than to learn how to be reasonable because every other time in life, I've resorted to cheating. Moderation has not been my companion.

I'm going to give myself another try... or at least for the moment, I'm in need of something that will work for me again. I'll be honest in a way that instead of feeling "oh yay, something that will work", I do still feel I wish there were another way I could achieve what I want - but, in three years, really haven't seen it, only the problems associated with wanting to be thinner again. So, makemethinner!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » October 8th, 2008, 6:29 pm

Welcome back Dutch!

I, too, am a restarter after being successful on the program. It is humiliating coming back. I feel your pain.

Let's do it this time. Hang with us. Let's all do it together.

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Guest » October 9th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Thanks, Smarti. I'd like to get set back to the 0# "club", then, Unca, hehe!

My starting weight was 164.5 this morning; on my last trip through here, actually in was four years ago, I see, I went from about 160 to 126 in a bit more than three months - and then busted.

I did OK today - great, actually, if only for not quitting already or doing something "bad". I'm going to do the 5-1 this time just to try to do better in some ways. That will be both easier and harder for me.

Kind of fun being motivated at this time of year when one can get ahead of the holiday weight-gaining traps.

Postby SuzyQ66 » October 9th, 2008, 5:03 pm

Hey Dutch - welcome back!! I too am a restarter. Had major success back in beginning of '07. Fell off the wagon...need to lose the weight again and this time maintain.....hopefully all of us restarters can do this together. I don't know about you but the first time around this forum helped me tremendously. I am hoping it helps again!!

SuzyQ
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 10th, 2008, 8:48 am

Welcome back :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 10th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Thanks, SuzyQ66 and Tawanda! It takes something I've never had for long to keep this :x weight off!

And sometimes I think wanting to try again is still great, short of that (keeping if off) because how else would we ever have a chance to do it without trying again? Most of the time I'm not trying this hard, I'm slowly gaining or never losing more than a couple of pounds at a time. Getting even 10 pounds out of this funk isn't a common blessing!

Let's make the most of a good start together and I'll try to be "here" to give and share support. I did a good day #2, although I bemoaned the thought of not overeating on the weekend, the long weekend. eeew! So sicko! This is where my best chance lies.

Oh yeah - and I wore an orange turtleneck sweater with a brown skirt today and someone said I looked like a pumpkin (not my favorate coworker, shall I say?) So if I forget why I "care" about losing weight now, I only have to think of THAT!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby smartipantz » October 10th, 2008, 6:58 pm

DC,

Sounds like things are going well. Remember once you get past the first few days it gets easier to say no to things.

Monday will be my 2 weeks and so far down 11 pounds. I can already feel my jeans getting looser - it's a GOOD feeling and a little payback for my dedication. My goals are little goals... like getting into the next size down.

Keep motivated - it's a good thing!

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » October 11th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Things are going well. Day #3 almost over and yes, it gets easier and time passes.

Yay for you for 2 weeks and 11 pounds! I get kinda nervous just thinking of how to get from here to 2 weeks behind me, but yes, I can do it, and doing this lean&green beats what I tried doing before. Not a BIG food party, by any means, but it reminds me that I'm trying to lose weight.

Saw your other post about exercising and that's a positive, for sure. I know it gets confusing wondering if you're gaining muscle mass (read: pounds of new muscle), but sounds like you're losing like crazy and I wouldn't worry about it. I think I should start at least doing some step aerobics at home or some strength conditioning of some kind, like maybe "core". I have a jelly belly now like probably never before.

I'm planning to show up for the Roll Call tomorrow. I've lost a couple, at least, and if I can hang in, more will come next week.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby dede4wd » October 12th, 2008, 10:42 am

Hiya,
Nice to meetcha!

I'm also a re-starter (maintaining an 110lb loss for nearly a year then let foodie issues attack me), I'm about 1/2 way through my losses this time.

I think I missed the regiment of the program...being able to have any MF meal and a L & G. I just had too many choices while maintaining and i also had the "food is my friend" or "crappy food is a reward" thing going, so I'm working on my head AND my body!

We KNOW this program works...and fast enough to be super-motivating...so let's just do it! TOGETHER!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

We are in the same boat!

Postby Gwenski » November 13th, 2008, 9:16 pm

Dutch,

I hear you as loud and clear as if you were in my own head. I am back too and ready to shake this prision of fat right off me. We've got this and really know what works and doesn't for us. It is almost like having 20/20 because there is so much we have experienced being on this plan before. We also have the advantage (YES, I mean advantage) of knowing what not being on this plan does.

The past is behind us, look at in the rearview mirror getting smaller and smaller as you concentrate on the here, the now and moving ahead to the future.

You are going to be a better version of you in no time at all, let's go!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » November 30th, 2008, 6:34 pm

Hi, Gwenski -
I'm just now seeing your message as I just came by again to see if I can drum up the courage to try hard enough to make a start.

I keep saying how I need to be able to do this and then "the day" I thought I would/should start comes and I have every excuse in the book why it isn't a good idea, that i should just "eat less" and "eat reasonably" and all those CONCEPTS one is supposed to be able to carry out.

Once again, I have TOMORROW pinned for trying to get ready for my Christmas trip, seeing as how it's Dec 1st and another good time to start, hehe. God, how I really hate dieting. :x But I also hate feeling a dislike for my muffin top, etc, which I never had when I was younger. What's a girl to do but overcome the thinking and just do something useful with the few days left before my trip, eh? I really don't want to go to DBFs fat-hating family in just three weeks otherwise - have real conflicts over why I should put their interests above my own, also - after 10 years, what's left in impressing them when I should care more about myself, right?

So Gwenski, are you still here?

Postby DutchChoc » November 30th, 2008, 6:38 pm

That was me, above, DutchChoc.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » November 30th, 2008, 8:35 pm

I'm suffering 'put it off' syndrome, too, Dutch. Had a great day yesterday and then rationalized my way off plan today. You can make great progress by your Christmas trip - stay strong and it will happen for you!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 1st, 2008, 6:27 pm

nickieluv, thanks for the encouragement. I'm doing good my first day back and did not dig my heels in even a bit to avoid serving my diet time today. It's becoming nearly unavoidable unless I really want to hate myself in three weeks, and probably every day along the way as well that I let slip by or gain.

I'll try to avoid the "aw, wouldn't be so bad" doing so-and-so to extend my win to at least two consecutive days tomorrow. It's quite a wake-up call not being able to look forward to overeating or causing myself more grief - like, what will I do now that I won't be eating ____?

So, I'm happy today. The beast is at bay. Will there not be a dilemma if by some miracle I'm going strong when it's time to go visiting, knowing that I really need to continue rather than get off the Skinny Train Express for my trip? I think I'll wait and see and it might be I'll have to hold fast to my plan to lose some of this "FAT", ugh. No real getting around it because it isn't likely to just go away on its own.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.