Things that made me smile today...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Things that made me smile today...

Postby kdluster » March 10th, 2004, 8:58 am

My wedding rings fell off!

One of my coworkers said to another as I walked by, "she is getting so skinny"

Just thought I would share.
Karen
February 17, 2004
246/187/165
kdluster
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » March 10th, 2004, 9:29 am

It's cool to hear that stuff, isn't it? One of my co-workers (who works out in the field and hasn't been in the office for about 6 weeks) said to me: "Wow! You look GREAT--so different than when I left!"

Plus, I get the "skinny" comments too! It's pretty cool! I don't think I'll ever grow tired of hearing it, although sometimes it makes me a bit uncomfortable.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 10th, 2004, 9:34 am

Thats a great feeling! My hair dresser noticed my weight loss on Friday....it was the first time anyone has said anything at all to me.....I so want more of that too!
Julie :lol:
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Get used to it.....

Postby explorthis » March 10th, 2004, 10:10 am

184 days ago I began Medifast.

Daily - Daily - I mean daily comments come in.

Get ready for a neck ache. As you lose more and more and more the compliments/comments keep-on-a-comin. Your head swells to twice its normal size, you feel so large you think you are going to burst...

Did Someone here say Euphoric?

Welcome to the beginning stages of "It is all worth it"

Glad for all of you that are having to deal with this terrible feeling!!

Medi-foric!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby elle4nelly » March 10th, 2004, 11:20 am

????

You got daily comments?????????????
What did you do???? Rub your belly against their face???
Uh?....don't answer that one!! :oops:

I guess I 've always carried my weight well...I get occasional ones. I hardly feel like I'm losing anything...yet my clothes are drooping and droping off my body. My mom feels the same way...she keeps saying she 's not feeling the weight loss and all of us see it BIG! She looks like she's wearing idaho Potato sacks!!!!!!!!!

I guess " Thin is in the mind of the beholder!!" :shades: i could be wrong...what do you think Atilla?? Uh...I meant Mike!

:D

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby explorthis » March 10th, 2004, 11:45 am

elle4nelly wrote:You got daily comments?????????????
What did you do???? Rub your belly against their face???
Uh?....don't answer that one!!

I guess I 've always carried my weight well...I get occasional ones.

What do you think Atilla??

Nelly (oh thin one train cometh conductor) When you (me we are speaking about) are 100+++ pounds overweight as I was, people get used to you. People were used to me. I was Fat - FAT. Carried it well? No. No one "carries weight well" You can disguise it with "Omar-the-tent-maker" type of clothes, or wearing all black, and wearing 14 sizes too large skirts, or make sure your shirts are huge enough to cover the cabose, and go over arms, and past the elbow area to think you are hiding it. You (again this is me speaking - except for the skirt part) are NOT hiding it. You might convince yourself you are hiding it, but your view is completely different than someone viewing you.

As for the comments DAILY - I have no more belly to rub into their face, they see a different (in appearance - yes, and in personality) person than before. I am not recognized by some. The comments still even from the same people fly in daily. This will happen to you, it is wonderful.

Remember, there is no hiding weight, if you know its there, so does someone else, they just might not comment on it, but its there - FACT.

-Mike
explorthis

Postby elle4nelly » March 10th, 2004, 11:53 am

:lol:

I'm laughing to hard !!!! a tent maker!!!! hi!hi!.....

my vision is getting blury from laughter tears...

oh Atilla mike......

Nelly :lol: :lol:
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby ErikaEastwood » March 10th, 2004, 9:19 pm

I ordered a pair of Guess jeans and they will be here before the weekend! WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO havnt had any since highschool. So now you know why im so excited. I love being able to wear a 14 again. Im already wearing some of my old clothes but I still got 23 more lbs of junk in the trunk I need to lose---Ill try to post more Friday, sorry I havnt been posting alot but Ive been busy watching my great-gramma this week because her daughter which is my grandmother is on vacation in Hawaii and so Im sitting for her till Sunday night--- but I have made it a point to come to the boards everyday so I can see how everyone else is doing because you all keep me going--- See yall soon! Love ya all! keep shakin! Proud of youns! :lol: P.S. tommorrow will be 4 weeks for me and im gonna start walking this weekend and get motivated even more-- 8)
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room