Things I'm thankful for

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Things I'm thankful for

Postby doglover » March 2nd, 2005, 6:20 pm

Ok gals and guys...here it goes. When I'm having a rough day like today (grouchy beyond words. Cannot explain why?) I try to focus on what I'm thankful for. Here is my MF list:

1) only using one coffee cup, one shaker jar and one spoon a day - mix, drink, rinse, repeat! Less dishes to wash!
2) The simplicity of not stressing over what to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner - pick out six meals in the morning and grab and go!
3) The full feeling after only having a coffee cup size drink!
4) pickles! Never knew I'd like them so much! :)
5) friends online to share, learn from and laugh with!
6) not stressing over the scale - don't even look at it until Sunday!
7) Rolling down my size 14 pants as they are way too big in the waist now :yippee:

Ok, anyone want to add to the list? Have a happy shakin' day! :exercise:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cthrn007 » March 2nd, 2005, 9:34 pm

I am sorry you are grouchy, but you know what?? Ever since day one on here Donna you have pulled through with a good attitude and that is such a good example to set!

I am proud of you! :hug:

I like your list of things to be thankful for!! I agree with all of them! Love less dishes, not stressing over the scale (it is actually fun for me now), no guilty food comas or over stuffed tummies, crunchy salty pickles, forum friends, and OH MY GOSH already rolling down your pants cuz they are too big. That has to be my favorite one!! Way to go Donna!

Let's see... I'd have to add:
Oatmeal - to make cookies...
Davinci Syrup to make the shakes and cookies better
little crackers for the soups
Having to buy new jeans two weeks after I just bought new jeans!!

Keep up the good work! :D
~C
cthrn007

Postby 24KaratGold » March 2nd, 2005, 10:21 pm

cthrn007 wrote: not stressing over the scale (it is actually fun for me now)

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing myself the other day. I actually look forward to getting on the scale now. How weird is that?!?
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 3rd, 2005, 9:18 am

Donna....your so cute....I'm sorry your grouchy...if it's any consolation we all have our days...To yours & Catherines list...DITTO..DITTO..DITTO :D

Here are a few additions for me:

RENEWED SENSE OF HOPE--no longer obsessing or feeling anxiety over my weight/diet situation. It no longer controls my life. :yay: :yay:

THE FREEDOM OF COMING OUT OF THE "FAT" CLOSET--coming clean and owning up to the baggage...thinking your the only desperate one that has tried endless diets and gimmicks only to find out your not alone...thank God for that Forum. :buddies:

And Well (this is kinda private but seeing we are bearing our souls):
A little more desire on my part....(a little less "I have a headache tonght" or whatever excuse I can think of at that moment) And gosh that's gotta be a plus for the marriage. If it keeps up my husband will probably be making my Medifast meals or maybe even distributing the product...lol...just kidding ;)

Have a great Day!!
:D :D Donna

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 3rd, 2005, 9:22 am

dlr2424 wrote:And Well (this is kinda private but seeing we are bearing our souls):
A little more desire on my part....(a little less "I have a headache tonght" or whatever excuse I can think of at that moment) And gosh that's gotta be a plus for the marriage. If it keeps up my husband will probably be making my Medifast meals or maybe even distributing the product...lol...just kidding ;)

Have a great Day!!
:D :D Donna

Donna, I love it!

Somewhere on this forum I have read Nancy's post that since she lost her weight she has a husband who "can't take his hands off me!"

And THAT is a definite benefit of Medifast! I can't quite see how they can work that into a consumer advertisement, though . . . . ;)
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » March 4th, 2005, 12:23 pm

OK - I have 2 more things to add!!!

1) My bras are now on the very LAST CLASP! Victoria's I'm coming back soon for some new ones. Hmm...should I go with beaded bras this time??? ;)

2) Since we're being so personal - my husband was waking me up in his usual way, by rubbing my back and shoulders. This is not necessarily the way you all may be thinking right now, it is very calming to be woken up that way rather than an alarm clock! Anyway - he could not stop saying how great I felt and that my body felt so "tight". My belly and hips and legs have really apparently changed! And this guy would know - he feels them every day!!!! Ok was that in the "too much information" category??? :oops:

Here's to another shakin' day! :exercise:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover

Postby cthrn007 » March 4th, 2005, 12:58 pm

Donna, you have the best attitude and outlook on things! It is inspiring to hear about the changes that MF makes in our bodies and scales AND every day that we feel a little better, we look a little better and act a little perkier. Looks like that feeling affects so many things I didn't even think about before MF! I keep seeing people get excited about their physical and mental changes from weight loss, improved health, your re-newed spark with your hubby, 24K's new job opportunities... it is just so inspiring.

It is really motivating to hear from all of you and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that each of us has a posting that was exactly what someone else struggling needed to hear to pull them through the tough times!

Thanks for the posts and keep it up!
~C
cthrn007

Return to Come on in.