Things I've asked myself...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Things I've asked myself...

Postby MusicalMomma » January 22nd, 2006, 4:04 pm

I'm sure many of you have done this, but it SO inspired my husband and myself that I had to post it. :)

Today, when I was "mourning" my old eating habits, I asked myself these questions and came to an astonishing conclusion!

Question #1: What makes me HAPPY about eating anything and everything I want, when I want it?

Answer #1: I get to eat anything and everything I want, when I want it!!

Question #2: What makes me MISERABLE about eating anything and everything I want, when I want it?

Answer #2: It makes me fat, unhealthy, heart burn, indigestion, acid reflux, and a miriad of other diseases found in obesity.

Question #3: What makes me MISERABLE about following the Medifast program?

Answer #3: I can't eat anything and everything I want, when I want it!!

Final Question: What makes me HAPPY about following the Medifast program?

My Final Answer: I lose weight, no more heart burn, no more acid reflux, lot's more energy, increased confidence, increased health, and a mirad of other benefits that come from choosing self discipline and Medifast.

As you can see, there is only ONE thing that makes me happy about over eating and dozens of things that make me miserable for it. There is only ONE thing that makes me "unhappy" about medifast and dozens of things that make me happy. So, I chose "The Final Answer" :) You all are choosing it too and I'm so thrilled to be a part of this with all of you! :)[/u]
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby stelar » January 22nd, 2006, 4:18 pm

:bow: :bravo: That was good! I think you are totally right! I ate all the wrong things just because I could. The only person it ever hurt was me. My husband loves me no matter what, as a matter of fact he's never known me under 159. That's love. :heart:

We're going to look good this summer! :goteam:
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 22nd, 2006, 4:31 pm

As you can see, there is only ONE thing that makes me happy about over eating and dozens of things that make me miserable for it. There is only ONE thing that makes me "unhappy" about medifast and dozens of things that make me happy.

Amen. :hi5:

Thank you for that, Joyce. :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » January 22nd, 2006, 5:08 pm

Joyce-

I could never thank you enough for the inspiration you have given me :you: I had my first hard day today and was wanting to eat "normal food" not that I am hungry at all but just wanting to eat. :oops:

When I read your questions and answers it really inspired me to press on :whip:

Thanks again
Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Dayna » January 22nd, 2006, 6:47 pm

Great post, thanks for sharing. :D Excellent inspiration for sticking with the program!

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nicki » January 22nd, 2006, 7:54 pm

Echoing the others here - great post! Asking myself these questions when I'm feeling weak or sorry for myself will help me out. Thanks!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby nwgal » January 22nd, 2006, 11:49 pm

I loved this!! thanks so much.. its just so true! :bouncieball:
nwgal

Postby aphrael » January 23rd, 2006, 12:46 pm

This really said it for me.

My normal food was always washed down with a handful of Tums and a few extra servings at bed time and than again in the middle of the night.

I would eat foods I knew would give me heartburn and make me misserable all becuase I though I wanted that food.

When I went off the program and was trying to get back on I would keep back slidding and just "eat normally" normal for an obsese person, not really noramal. Once I made that distiction my mind set changed a lot. Than when I did eat something I thought " i just had to have" I found it wasn't nearly as satisfing as I thought it would be. My fair weather friend food, was no longer giving me pleasure and commfort. I was on of those people that decided to just wait till after hte new year to start up again becuase the holidays were too dificult. I was eatting when I wanted what I wanted, but durring this time discovered I really didn't want most of what I went to eat and would toss a lot of it after I started. Once I started truelly feeding my body, and not just eating to eat, I saw a huge differance in my food choices. The cravings are still there, but I remind myself that when I gave in, it wasn't just the yummy chocolate brownine and ice cream or loaded cheese fries I was eatting, it was the return of the tums and lathergic moods. I don't want to rely on Tums just to get throught the night anymore.

Way to go Musical Momma for your post I bet it got a lot of people thinking.

Keep up the great work everyone.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 23rd, 2006, 12:58 pm

aphrael

I totally understand the whole TUMS thing :x and it is funny :roflmao: but just yesterdy I thought about the fact that i have had no heartburn or that horrible stuffed feeling you get after a binge in over a week and I thought about it at a weak moment so my brain was truly on my side yesterday!!!

LIsa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby Gwenski » January 23rd, 2006, 4:56 pm

In my head, the "Ode to Joy" began playing loudly as I read your post!

Thanks for preaching to my choir!!

Keep shaking baby!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby MusicalMomma » January 23rd, 2006, 6:28 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad we're all here for each other, supporting one another, cheering each other on and sharing our struggles and victories!!! You all are wonderful people!!!!! :hug:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss